graeme_4’s official Clement discussion thread

7 minutes ago, B1872 said:

Said to my brother yesterday that the sheep game has that feel of when we went to Tynecastle just before Warburton left. It was 3-0 going on about 5/6. Will be similar next Wednesday.

I think they’ll run riot against us next week unfortunately 

The idea of being offered a ticket to it has the same feel being offered a ticket to the old firm at their place when they won the league had. Absolutely no interest because it’s glaringly obvious what’s in store 

1 hour ago, HG5 said:

His persistence with Lawrence gets me.

What is he in for?

Commit a few fouls, get involved in the odd scrap, misplace a load of passes &, once every couple of months, score a nice goal.

All there is to him, as far as I can see.

I think the sad thing is, he's contributed the more than the rest. :lol: 

3 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

I think they’ll run riot against us next week unfortunately 

The idea of being offered a ticket to it has the same feel being offered a ticket to the old firm at their place when they won the league had. Absolutely no interest because it’s glaringly obvious what’s in store 

I think that too. They always give us a good game even when we are in good form and they are doing shite.  The fans as well and I think we will just crumble under the pressure. The only hope you would have is that they believe their own hype and if they aren’t beating us by say 30 mins the fans may get impatient with them. Clutching at straws though😔😔

According to a guy on FF who knows one of our current squad, the players actively dislike the manager and have no idea what he wants them to do.

Would line up with what Ryan Jack said on Open Goal.

Gone downhill since Gio left.Beale nor Clement has shown any progress.It won’t change once the pressure grows in the media and the fans you can bet the players feel the same.

We also need to get rid of that plastic Captain the most unsuccessful Captain in our history .This dosent help the Manager on the pitch but then it’s up to him to show some balls and drop him.

4 minutes ago, RWB72 said:

A deflating point heard on RR:

can interm appointments sack the manager and hire a new one not really as they won’t be here long term

Probably wouldn’t have the power to fire and hire of his own volition, but if acting on the wishes of the board, he definitely could.

Depends on the remit the board has given him.

10 minutes ago, RWB72 said:

A deflating point heard on RR:

can interm appointments sack the manager and hire a new one not really as they won’t be here long term

They're hiring a Chairman and a CEO who will be here long term with themselves having zero accountability if they are shit.

I think they can easily sack the manager if it's what the Parks want.

2 minutes ago, The Archer said:

Gone downhill since Gio left.Beale nor Clement has shown any progress.It won’t change once the pressure grows in the media and the fans you can bet the players feel the same.

We also need to get rid of that plastic Captain the most unsuccessful Captain in our history .This dosent help the Manager on the pitch but then it’s up to him to show some balls and drop him.

GvB wasn't up to scratch domestically either. We haven't been a strong enough force in the league since May 2021.

35 minutes ago, B1872 said:

Said to my brother yesterday that the sheep game has that feel of when we went to Tynecastle just before Warburton left. It was 3-0 going on about 5/6. Will be similar next Wednesday.

There used to be a time when we were at our most dangerous when our backs were to the wall & we’d been widely written off.

Can’t see this bunch pulling anything out of the hat, somehow.

Just now, The Ibrox Derry said:

For me, something must have happened in February / March this year for there to be such a falling off in results and form.

Up to that point, he and the team had been doing great, and then it just crashed and has been the same shit ever since.

The same thing happened under Beale and Gio domestically , consistent starts before imploding when it got to the nitty gritty and never really recovering. The mentality at the club is absolutely fucked and it has seeped into just about every level. Many at the club are too happy to accept second best and chasing Celtic and it's going to take some drastic changes to get that mentality switched 

Lack of investment in the summer of 2021 was the genesis of our current situation. It was starting to show in the weeks and months before Gerrard left.

Europe aside, and a couple of cup wins, in the league we have never really looked capable of winning it.

10 minutes ago, Davy Vandenbroucke said:

According to a guy on FF who knows one of our current squad, the players actively dislike the manager and have no idea what he wants them to do.

Would line up with what Ryan Jack said on Open Goal.

And Cantwell saying the way we set up wasn’t the best place for him.

Although the zero man management skills claim doesn’t really sit well with how he seems to come across with the players in the training clips, or Cerny making a beeline for him, or the word he had in Hagi’s ear when sent off etc.

Clement does come across as quite a cold, aloof character.

I can quite believe that the players don't like him.

Ps: I'm not suggesting we hire someone who wants to be their pal, but there is a time and place to be the arm around the shoulder, and the hard bastard.

Man management is massive in football.