graeme_4’s official Clement discussion thread

10 hours ago, NixonRFC said:

What's that got to do with International breaks?

Destroys any momentum and reduces time you can spend training together.  Harder to develop understanding between players.  We started to see that with Jefte and Bajrami and then two weeks apart.

1 hour ago, BlueKnight87 said:

If we lose to Aberdeen I think there's no way back for the manager. 

Same as it was last season when Beale lost to them at this stage. 

It's one thing chasing the tarriers but being further behind the sheep would be the last straw. 

Lol, everyone needs to chill out about Aberdeen. 

They have won every fucking game, that isn’t going to continue. We will not finish behind them this season, regardless of if it was Clement/Beale/Gio in charge. 

22 minutes ago, plymouthranger said:

They have won every fucking game, that isn’t going to continue. We will not finish behind them this season, regardless of if it was Clement/Beale/Gio in charge. 

I think they'll start to drop points up against the tarriers this weekend. 

But point still stands if we got to Pittodrie and lose. Our support will turn on him big time. It was the same last year at this time. 

23 minutes ago, plymouthranger said:

Their league position only reflects how poor the rest of the league is and the fact that they haven’t played us or the scum yet.

They are NOT Arsenal, Man City or Liverpool ffs.

7 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

Their league position only reflects how poor the rest of the league is and the fact that they haven’t played us or the scum yet.

Don’t think any cunt thinks they are that good, everyone just recognises we are dog shite and struggle to win against the rest of the league never mind one that’s in form and we struggle against at their ground at the best of times 

I think we’ll finish second at the end of the season but I think there’s every chance they beat us at the end of the month 

5 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Don’t think any cunt thinks they are that good, everyone just recognises we are dog shite and struggle to win against the rest of the league never mind one that’s in form and we struggle against at their ground at the best of times 

I think we’ll finish second at the end of the season but I think there’s every chance they beat us at the end of the month 

They seem to play pretty open, I can see that working against the shite they've faced. I'm more worried about us coming up against the teams around mid table who are really organised.

I could see us absolutely battering them, and dropping points away to Motherwell or Killie.

13 minutes ago, J-Maestro said:

They seem to play pretty open, I can see that working against the shite they've faced. I'm more worried about us coming up against the teams around mid table who are really organised.

I could see us absolutely battering them, and dropping points away to Motherwell or Killie.

We very rarely batter them at their place 

Aberdeen away, with the possibility of dropping 8 points (or more) behind them is quite frightening.

Equally, they get scudded off the filth (most likely) and we’re going up there to really close the gap or overtake them depending on results. 

30 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

Reckon Dons will take a hiding of lf them first game back and the wheels will fall off - ideal scenario would be opposite obviously but think cracks will start to show with Dons after the break.

7 minutes ago, Stunels said:

Reckon Dons will take a hiding of lf them first game back and the wheels will fall off - ideal scenario would be opposite obviously but think cracks will start to show with Dons after the break.

The Dandy Dons if you don’t mind. 

It is important to allow for more time and patience. I firmly believe that Clement is well-suited for the position. I have not found any of the players signed by him to be unsatisfactory thus far. While Cortes has been plagued by injuries, this seems to be the only issue. It is disheartening to observe the frequent turnover of managers, and I believe it is prudent to maintain stability by supporting Clement and honoring his contract. While I do have some reservations about his team lineup, I acknowledge that he possesses a deeper understanding of the players and their capabilities.

3 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

Really?

Talk me through what you think he’s good at.

Who's got a better CV that would come in and work under these current conditions?  A year ago if he knew what was awaiting him not a chance he's Rangers manager today.  

13 hours ago, NixonRFC said:

What's that got to do with International breaks?

You said every manager has the winter breaks at the same time, im merely stating that managers with a settled squad built over a season or two will find these breaks less of a hindrance than a manager whos trying to build a new squad into a team

11 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Get beat from the sheep and it'll be the end for him with the support but the board will stick by him until the end of the season regardless. 

Get beat from the sheep and we will finish 3rd this season if we are lucky.

Not like you to be dramatic

17 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Beat in a bounce game last week by Dundee.  Docherty of Dundee says it was a strong Rangers team incl Propper, Tav and Dessers.

Normally wouldn't care but there's a fucking rot running right through everything connected to us. 

We’d have been missing at least 5 first choice players, in no way shape or form is that a strong team.

11 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

We’d have been missing at least 5 first choice players, in no way shape or form is that a strong team.

I don't know what the team was and it obviously excludes those away on internationals but you'd still like to think those remaining, plus the fringe players, would take opportunities.

I've no doubt our squad cost 10+ times what Dundees did.

6 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

I don't know what the team was and it obviously excludes those away on internationals but you'd still like to think those remaining, plus the fringe players, would take opportunities.

It was a bounce match that had the majority of our first choice players nowhere near it, assuming Lawrence is still injured. Means absolutely nothing.

7 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Tbf the 3 players you named, 2 are probably the worst starters we have the now and propper isn't exactly setting the place alight

Plus docherty will be talking it up, not like he's going to say "aye we beat rangera but they had a ton of boys playing and cunts they want rid of" 

1 minute ago, ForeverAndEver said:

It was a bounce match that had the majority of our first choice players nowhere near it, assuming Lawrence is still injured. Means absolutely nothing.

Had we won 8-0 everyone would be saying "its only a bounce match" lol