Is Clement getting an easy ride?

He really needs to win all the league games up until after full time v the taigs. Imagine being 5 points behind them and it's only 1st Sept 🤢

I still maintain the guy is another false dawn. Absolute no excuses for the way we folded from Motherwell at home onwards last season. His OF record is pish as well. 

1 minute ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Not true - I think I wanted him out of the options we had but tbh I can’t remember what I said on here. 

What I saw quite early on was a really basic poor on the eye way of playing that I hoped was just him being pragmatic, and once we had less games every 2-3 days and more time on the training pitch we’d see an improvement.

But we haven’t.

His tactics are chronic.and rely on individuals digging us out of a hole rather than the team being better than the sum of his parts.

He’s also improved virtually none of the players, if anything a massive chunk of them have regressed.

His tactics/subs deserve stick, but fuck off with that patter. 

These players are absolutely fucking dug-shite. They aren't regressing, this is just their level and they've proven it time after time after time.

No cunt is coming in and winning the league with this crop. 

Same story different season. Around a 7 point gap or something by early September and the board will have no choice but to relieve Clement of his position after extending his deal the other day.

Lunatics in charge

4 minutes ago, King Jela said:

His tactics/subs deserve stick, but fuck off with that patter. 

These players are absolutely fucking dug-shite. They aren't regressing, this is just their level and they've proven it time after time after time.

No cunt is coming in and winning the league with this crop. 

People keep comparing him to Postecoglou too, I’d be keen to see Clements side after spending £30m+.

They were also pish for months before it clicked for them even after spending a fortune.

2 minutes ago, J-Maestro said:

People keep comparing him to Postecoglou too, I’d be keen to see Clements side after spending £30m+.

They were also pish for months before it clicked for them even after spending a fortune.

Postecoglu had the same start Beale had last season before getting sacked :lol: absolutely mental.

And I get the style of play complaints, I really do, I get it's the modern view and bla, bla, bla, but I could give a single fuck about it at best. 

Better players make better teams/tactics and we still, STILL, have the same players here that cat't handle it. 

what are we expecting? 

21 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Not true - I think I wanted him out of the options we had but tbh I can’t remember what I said on here. 

What I saw quite early on was a really basic poor on the eye way of playing that I hoped was just him being pragmatic, and once we had less games every 2-3 days and more time on the training pitch we’d see an improvement.

But we haven’t.

His tactics are chronic.and rely on individuals digging us out of a hole rather than the team being better than the sum of its parts.

He’s also improved virtually none of the players, if anything a massive chunk of them have regressed.

Who has he regressed?

I don’t think he has regressed players, I think it’s a natural regression in players due to age / injuries, like Goldson / Tav, but I do agree with @Laudrupsleftfoot’s other points. 

The tactics and style of play is utterly brutal and if you’re not winning games playing that way (like we managed under Walter), then I’m afraid it’s just not acceptable.

I still think he wants the player he thought Lundstram might be.

But Lundstram was shot by then and the hunt for a midfield leader goes on.

I don’t think he expected to ask Diomande and Barron to bear the load without an experienced hand beside them

I hope he has someone in mind and that the only delay is trying to sell one or more of Cantwell, Hagi, Dowell, Wright, Matondo.

For some reason he seems to have a faith in Lawrence which is completely unjustified imo.

We have to support him in a monumental upheaval which would have been even more severe had funds been available.

34 minutes ago, KaiserJon said:

I get that. And sadly I can see that. However if this is a 2 -3 process I hope we have patience. Fuck sake when I was young one of the unique things about our football club was the number of managers we have had. ( I.e not many )

No I agree mate . Theres been more managers post 2012 than there was in the previous 30 odd years , saying that there’s only so long to give a manager before it’s evident it’s just not going to work . Even us having this conversation on the first day of the season says it all .

28 minutes ago, King Jela said:

Postecoglu had the same start Beale had last season before getting sacked :lol: absolutely mental.

And I get the style of play complaints, I really do, I get it's the modern view and bla, bla, bla, but I could give a single fuck about it at best. 

Better players make better teams/tactics and we still, STILL, have the same players here that cat't handle it. 

what are we expecting? 

Probably a guy that sees two holding midfielders are set up to get run over by most teams in the league who pack the middle. Probably better than 6 wins in the last 16 competitive matches who has better, albeit ultimately shite, players than the likes of Ross county, Dundee, Motherwell etc. Probably a guy who doesn't think a point at Hearts is good enough or doesn't say before a ball is kicked the team will be ready in 2 to 3 months.

Agree with you about players but he still has better players at his disposal than half the shite were struggling against.

9 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

I do think this is partially linked with his lack of style of play. He has been in the building for 10 months now. Players clearly don’t understand what the fuck he wants them to do. You’ve got players coming short and defenders launching cross field diagonals to wingers with zero physicality, there’s no build up play and the number 10 is completely bypassed (so what the fuck is he doing playing with one?). Dessers comes short and we play balls in behind and then have zero threat in the box. We stand off teams with no real press (but positionally, the players are in advanced parts of the pitch and not in a low block) and they then play a simple long ball and we’re caught out. 

It’s not doing any of the players any favours whatsoever, albeit most of them are utter wank footballers and not the level required at Rangers. 

Good post, agree with all of that.

37 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Probably a guy that sees two holding midfielders are set up to get run over by most teams in the league who pack the middle.

Probably better than 6 wins in the last 16 competitive matches who has better, albeit ultimately shite, players than the likes of Ross county, Dundee, Motherwell etc.

Probably a guy who doesn't think a point at Hearts is good enough or doesn't say before a ball is kicked the team will be ready in 2 to 3 months.

Agree with you about players but he still has better players at his disposal than half the shite were struggling against.

Like I said, I have 0 issue with someone criticising his tactics/subs. He isn't immune from criticism. 

He took over a team that had lost 3/7 before he took over last season. This 6 in 16 further proves the point it's the players nature level, rather than regressing. And these players lost to those teams when the going got tough, as these players always do when the pressure is on.

Are you saying a point away at Tynecastle is bad? With the way we played today, it was a good point. Hearts easily could've won it. The team being ready in 2 or 3 months, if that means new players in, the shite ones out and a period of bedding in players needed then so be it. Should've done it through the Sumner to avoid that, but that's on the board. 

He has better players than 10/11 teams we're up against, and we'll show that this season when we finish 2nd with these exact players. That's the best these players can do.

40 minutes ago, King Jela said:

Like I said, I have 0 issue with someone criticising his tactics/subs. He isn't immune from criticism. 

He took over a team that had lost 3/7 before he took over last season. This 6 in 16 further proves the point it's the players nature level, rather than regressing. And these players lost to those teams when the going got tough, as these players always do when the pressure is on.

Are you saying a point away at Tynecastle is bad? With the way we played today, it was a good point. Hearts easily could've won it. The team being ready in 2 or 3 months, if that means new players in, the shite ones out and a period of bedding in players needed then so be it. Should've done it through the Sumner to avoid that, but that's on the board. 

He has better players than 10/11 teams we're up against, and we'll show that this season when we finish 2nd with these exact players. That's the best these players can do.

Call me spoiled, call me fickle but I never have and never will come out after drawing at tynecastle and say "aye happy with that". There is one thing every player or staff member gets when they walk into that building and it is to win. 

On Clement saying we will be ready in 2 or 3 months I don't know if he meant we will have better players in etc but he 100 percent put a target on his back saying that. I'm amazed anyone can be ok with that. If Tav or Goldson said that before a ball was kicked you would be in fucking uproar and rightly so. 

Again, you're spot on about the players and I agree. I know you're not exempting him from criticism but I'm genuinely concerned even with new signings the manager has no identity, no substance or style of play and lacks and attacking sense. Despite this shower of shite we have we should still be able to see something 10 months into the job.

1 hour ago, psb07158 said:

I do think this is partially linked with his lack of style of play. He has been in the building for 10 months now. Players clearly don’t understand what the fuck he wants them to do. You’ve got players coming short and defenders launching cross field diagonals to wingers with zero physicality, there’s no build up play and the number 10 is completely bypassed (so what the fuck is he doing playing with one?). Dessers comes short and we play balls in behind and then have zero threat in the box. We stand off teams with no real press (but positionally, the players are in advanced parts of the pitch and not in a low block) and they then play a simple long ball and we’re caught out. 

It’s not doing any of the players any favours whatsoever, albeit most of them are utter wank footballers and not the level required at Rangers. 

Spot on. Genuinely think we should be either going two up top or a 3 man midfield if he's gonna persist with two holding mids which is fucking minging.

3 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Helps when he had fuck all to play for for 6 months.

I don't get this constant thing. He was an arsehole bit if that's true he was only given 6 games. The old firm win dismissed etc I certainly don't see us bearing them under Phil.

55 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Call me spoiled, call me fickle but I never have and never will come out after drawing at tynecastle and say "aye happy with that". There is one thing every player or staff member gets when they walk into that building and it is to win. 

On Clement saying we will be ready in 2 or 3 months I don't know if he meant we will have better players in etc but he 100 percent put a target on his back saying that. I'm amazed anyone can be ok with that. If Tav or Goldson said that before a ball was kicked you would be in fucking uproar and rightly so. 

Again, you're spot on about the players and I agree. I know you're not exempting him from criticism but I'm genuinely concerned even with new signings the manager has no identity, no substance or style of play and lacks and attacking sense. Despite this shower of shite we have we should still be able to see something 10 months into the job.

That's irrelevant to the reality of the situation though. Very, very few 'expected' this team to go into Tynecastle to win. The team are pish and it isn't the late 000's anymore. 

It is what it is tbh. We should have had new players in and bedded in for the start of the season. That's proving more challenging to be than we'd hoped because nobody wants our shite players on high wages, and we can't bring in the players he wants because we can't sell them. To me that's pretty simple to understand. 

Aye, that's criticism I genuinely can't argue with. I personally don't think it's as high on the list of things to get annoyed about......yet. that's just my view. Although as psb said above, when results aren't going our way that's when the style of play (or lack of) becomes far more noticeable. 

3 hours ago, psb07158 said:

Sums it up mate. He's tactically naive,Inept whatever you want to call it. 

I know I've lost faith in a manager when I stop listening to press conferences. Same soundbites "we'll fight, we'll work hard, blah blah blah" 

We should have got Muscat, at least the football wouldn't have been fucking chronic! 

My most optimistic guess is that we have a strategy, but we're waiting on the players coming in that can play it. 

If we reach September though, and those players don't come, surely there would need to be a new approach or the prospects are dire.

7 hours ago, bluenoz said:

I have watched Rangers for 50 years and always with a half glass full, but this current team and its system push my optimism to a full glass.

Clement refuses to change the system when it clearly isn't working.

I'm one of the few who doesn't mind Lawrence, but he has limitations in that role and therefore, I would ditch the # 10.

Based on the players we have, I would play a 4-4-2, but that gets laughed upon in the modern game and seen as old-fashioned.

Danilo, Dessers up top for me.

Our midfield would be overrun