Clement Signs New Contract

27 minutes ago, East Enclosure Row N said:

Tell us all about your business management degree and experience as a director of a plc?

Mate you’ve had an absolute shocker here! 😂

6 minutes ago, The Specky Forum Organiser said:

Out of all the things there are to be angry about, this really isn't one of them.

Sorry, pal, but you’ve misinterpreted my post.

I’m not angry that we didn’t head to the US or Asia; I was using the fact to emphasise how skint we are. We don’t have enough money to spend on transfers or facilitate pre-season in another continent, but we’re throwing money and an extension at a manger who has yet to achieve anything and who had three years remaining on his existing deal.

An utterly odd decision, but entirely unsurprising when you consider the track record of this board.

3 minutes ago, Lovenkraaands said:

I’m not angry that we didn’t head to the US or Asia; I was using the fact to emphasise how skint we are. We don’t have enough money to spend on transfers or facilitate pre-season in another continent, but we’re throwing money and an extension at a manger who has yet to achieve anything and who had three years remaining on his existing deal.

An utterly odd decision, but entirely unsurprising when you consider the track record of this board.

I haven't misinterpreted it at all, 'pal'. Bit in bold doesn't even really warrant a response.

It's a year extension, I would assume on similar wages, aimed at sending out a message to the support and judging by the majority of the responses I'd say it's worked and most people are buying in. Surprising maybe, but there's nothing really odd about it.

24 minutes ago, Lovenkraaands said:

Clement‘s comments two weeks ago which implied he had been mis-sold the landscape are now appearing very timely.

He didn’t imply anything. He thought coming to such a huge club his expectations were different to reality. He’s known the landscape from day one  imo  

He’s not a stupid 12yr old who didn’t ask all these questions about budgets, transfers etc during the several meetings he attended during the recruitment process. 

By saying he was mis-sold, duped etc makes him out now to be stupid as fuck 

Doesn't really change anything just a extra year probably on better money. 

It's the board that annoys me read the room ffs. The chairman can say whatever he wishes about breaking the cycle of sacking management. However it's the fans that will decide when the manager goes. A poor start to the season then what happens?  Another baffling decision by those in charge. 

5 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Wonder what he means by that? Does he know some players were thinking they would outlast another manager?

Dunno but always like the big guy comes across a sound cunt👍

4 minutes ago, The Specky Forum Organiser said:

I haven't misinterpreted it at all, 'pal'. Bit in bold doesn't even really warrant a response.

It's a year extension, I would assume on similar wages, aimed at sending out a message to the support and judging by the majority of the responses I'd say it's worked and most people are buying in. Surprising maybe, but there's nothing really odd about it.

I’m not looking for an argument on a forum; I’m a grown man, but you point-blank misinterpreted what I said when you thought I was angry.

The second part of your post above is, very much like mine, assumptions and guesses.

What I know for certain which I believe provides support to my opinion is that this new contract isn’t a reward for performance or results.

17 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

He didn’t imply anything. He thought coming to such a huge club his expectations were different to reality. He’s known the landscape from day one  imo  

He’s not a stupid 12yr old who didn’t ask all these questions about budgets, transfers etc during the several meetings he attended during the recruitment process. 

By saying he was mis-sold, duped etc makes him out now to be stupid as fuck 

I’m pretty sure, word-for-word, he said the board had told him of the restricted transfer policy a couple of months ago and that he had different expectations when he arrived.

That, in itself, is wild. A manager shouldn’t find himself having to make those comments to the media, balls deep in a struggling pre-season and underwhelming transfer window.

In my opinion, the board have acted on it. My honest assessment of the situation is that they’ve thrown more money (no-one signs an extension without financial incentive) at the situation.

Stability? A clear sign of being gullible, if you see this as adding stability. He had three years remaining on his existing deal.

5 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Wonder what he means by that? Does he know some players were thinking they would outlast another manager?

To be fair that was the criticism aimed at the core of players who are all gone.

There’s hardly any players who were in that core left to outlast another manager - Tav is basically the only holdover at this point.

6 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

To be fair that was the criticism aimed at the core of players who are all gone.

There’s hardly any players who were in that core left to outlast another manager - Tav is basically the only holdover at this point.

Scott Wright, somehow, is still in there.

1 hour ago, East Enclosure Row N said:

Tell us all about your business management degree and experience as a director of a plc?

Show me your coaching badges or what level you played at unless you don’t have an opinion on anything football related? Weird take.

42 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Doesn't really change anything just a extra year probably on better money. 

It's the board that annoys me read the room ffs. The chairman can say whatever he wishes about breaking the cycle of sacking management. However it's the fans that will decide when the manager goes. A poor start to the season then what happens?  Another baffling decision by those in charge. 

Yup a bizarre decision. 

32 minutes ago, Lovenkraaands said:

I’m pretty sure, word-for-word, he said the board had told him of the restricted transfer policy a couple of months ago and that he had different expectations when he arrived.

This is his quote explaining what he meant. There’s nothing there to suggest he’s been sold a pup 

"There are different things, you step into a new club you don't know the value, don't know the squad well, every detail about every contract. To me it was a big surprise to have six out of contract. We had some we wanted to keep also and they took another way for more money somewhere else”

“It’s clear now for everyone there is a need for a rebuild for this year and to come and get players in to be added value for the future to sell and gain money out of that to get two or three others. It's to get a reinvestment into others."

1 hour ago, Lovenkraaands said:

One of the worst posts I’ve seen for a while. I’m no fan of the board but thank fuck we don’t have people with your mindset running the club.