Get the board out

4 minutes ago, Moody Blue said:

But that’s utterly bizarre as well mate. Say after half a dozen games were sitting with no wins in the league with pumpings left right and centre, he simply has to be sacked. If the board didn’t act to that, whatever stadium we’re at will be empty. They can subconsciously tell us all they want, results will count. Another reason the 22m video is just full of shite. 

Tbh, I think the only thing that would have the board change the manager should the necessity arise would be an almost empty stadium every other week if the state of our finances are as bad as what’s being made out, Probably can’t afford to sack him so have assured him he’ll be given time to get things right by extending his contract to keep him onside, Other than that, I have nothing 😂

The board already have season ticket money in. So, supporters staying away isn’t going to hit them too hard. They also know that we have rarely been united as a fan base. So, despite perhaps a few protests to make them feel uncomfortable, it will never amount to much. 
We have too many old traditional men that run the club like it was in the last century. I think that is why Bisgrove left. A lot of the more successful commercial ventures came through him. He made mistakes but, would own them and learn from them.
However, there is again an argument that a lot of out support prefer to see good old Rangers men at the helm holding on to traditions rather than a more modern professional board who come with different backgrounds. We immediately get defensive and worried at the thought of someone coming in from another country to take over our club. Could you imagine the division and uproar amongst us if some Arab consortium came in to buy the club. So, in conclusion I can’t ever see us getting out of this rut for many years unless a Rangers supporter billionaire comes along to buy the club but, not buy it outright. 

The people running our club have fucked us for years now, we bring in European money and up the co- efficient only for the scum to benefit big time as we spunked millions on the likes of Matondo and Dessers etc, we wont have any serious money to change this around in the near future, the club thought it best to build EH while we were miles behind the scum bar one season, ive followed Rangers for many years and can honestly say i feel lower now than i did when we were in division three, we are a shambles and it will take years to recover from it.

2 minutes ago, BlueboyG said:

The people running our club have fucked us for years now, we bring in European money and up the co- efficient only for the scum to benefit big time as we spunked millions on the likes of Matondo and Dessers etc, we wont have any serious money to change this around in the near future, the club thought it best to build EH while we were miles behind the scum bar one season, ive followed Rangers for many years and can honestly say i feel lower now than i did when we were in division three, we are a shambles and it will take years to recover from it.

Seems to be a culture of ‘a good European run’ around the place.

Obviously, the cash flow is welcome, even vital, but I get the feeling that it’s prioritised over the bread & butter of winning the league.

It wouldn’t surprise me in the slightest if this week’s CL qualifier wasn’t on the players’ minds yesterday with, I’m presuming, enhanced win bonuses.

If so, I hope they make it worth their while…

Just now, HG5 said:

Seems to be a culture of ‘a good European run’ around the place.

Obviously, the cash flow is welcome, even vital, but I get the feeling that it’s prioritised over the bread & butter of winning the league.

It wouldn’t surprise me in the slightest if this week’s CL qualifier wasn’t on the players’ minds yesterday with, I’m presuming, enhanced win bonuses.

If so, I hope they make it worth their while…

Exactly, they showed no hunger or fight yesterday, Walter would be turning in his grave watching us just now.

10 hours ago, BlueboyG said:

I'm the same mate, absolutely sick of it now. I'm not sure I can go a full season of this tripe - watching that game on Saturday you just knew we weren't winning it. The league was over before a ball was kicked if we are honest. I used to watch every game, RTV and buy every shirt but that's not happening this year. The proverbial is being ripped by the board and I am utterly jaded with it

11 hours ago, Paisley Blue Loyal said:

Only thing I can think of is it’s the boards way of telling us fans that they are definitely not going to be sacking him any time soon regardless of what happens on the pitch, But if walks that’ll be on him, So like it or lump it so to speak.

Just imagine how toxic things are going to get though when the season is in the grubber and the have zero intention to sack the manager. Think how that works in reality.

3 minutes ago, The Specky Forum Organiser said:

100% if the fans anger should be aimed at them. 

Sadly that isn't happening as we can see on here. When the inevitable happens and McInnes comes in people will deluded themselves into being blindly positive he can win us trophies. Same thing with whoever replaces Koppen. Nothing will change because the people running the club are the problem. 

We're fucked.

Even if the anger is aimed at the board what is the outcome we can hope for mate? There’s no money and there’s no buyer waiting on the sidelines to buy us

2 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Even if the anger is aimed at the board what is the outcome we can hope for mate? There’s no money and there’s no buyer waiting on the sidelines to buy us

We get competent people onto the board instead of the constant internal promotions of people who have no clue on what they're doing. 

We won't be able to replace them as shareholders but they shouldn't be anywhere near the decision making.

If the board as it is go then we will no doubt be ina 2012 scenario again. 

No one will invest in us because the game up here in gubbed. If any wealthy individuals want a football club they have their pick down south. There are no stupidly rich Rangers fans kicking about looking to burn money.

7 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

If the board as it is go then we will no doubt be ina 2012 scenario again. 

No one will invest in us because the game up here in gubbed. If any wealthy individuals want a football club they have their pick down south. There are no stupidly rich Rangers fans kicking about looking to burn money.

If run properly you can make money though. You only need to look at the scum who are successful and turning a profit every year. It is possible! 

13 hours ago, BlueboyG said:

In Division 3 we still had hope and dreamt about how good 55 would be. However now reality has hit that the scum are miles ahead of us on and off the park. Was reading on FF that the scum have won 18 of the last 25 league titles, or even 12 of the last 13. This is no longer a 2 horse race and hasn’t been for a while. Us as a supporter don’t really do protests but these cunts running the club need fucking hounded out. 

28 minutes ago, B1872 said:

If run properly you can make money though. You only need to look at the scum who are successful and turning a profit every year. It is possible! 

It is but how long would that take? We would need to start winning  leagues which won't happen and start bringing in players who we can shift for big profits.

That won't happen overnight.

The gap between us and them will grow and we can't just hope they have another meltdown to save us.

If you are looking to make money buying a club we would be way down that list.

51 minutes ago, The Specky Forum Organiser said:

We get competent people onto the board instead of the constant internal promotions of people who have no clue on what they're doing. 

We won't be able to replace them as shareholders but they shouldn't be anywhere near the decision making.

You would like to think a board made up of successful business owners, successful fund managers and financiers are pretty competent.  

You never know though until they take on a different challenge (us) whether or not they can transfer those skills across to a football environment.  It’s not as easy as saying “get competent people onto the board”. 

35 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

It is but how long would that take? We would need to start winning  leagues which won't happen and start bringing in players who we can shift for big profits.

That won't happen overnight.

The gap between us and them will grow and we can't just hope they have another meltdown to save us.

If you are looking to make money buying a club we would be way down that list.

It would take someone coming in with a plan and possibly intentions of waiting a couple of years. One thing I will say though is whilst there is no hope under this current board. Probably crazy of me but I honestly still believe with a proper leadership running the club that executes a proper plan with a decent window then things could turn in our favour. The scum turned things round within 2 windows and haven’t looked back since. It can be done but unfortunately for us we don’t have the capabilities to do it at the club just now. 

3 hours ago, The Specky Forum Organiser said:

100% if the fans anger should be aimed at them. 

Sadly that isn't happening as we can see on here. When the inevitable happens and McInnes comes in people will deluded themselves into being blindly positive he can win us trophies. Same thing with whoever replaces Koppen. Nothing will change because the people running the club are the problem. 

We're fucked.

So fecking depressing being a Rangers supporter just now :headwall:

Our board treat fan criticism with contempt and arrogance and cannot see their own failures and shortcomings.

Refused to support Gerrard 'fix the roof while the sun was shining' probably believing the squad was better than it was.

Refused to accept we had made an arse of transfers under Gio, and then believed the car salesman's 'the squad is better than it is showing' and 'we would definitely have won the league if we stayed' bullshit, getting him in.

Then eventually realising what we all knew - the squad needed major investment, and doing it so unprofessionally: just giving a novice Beale the keys to the kingdom without the proper due diligence of a modern football club, so we wasted it. To the point where we have a 6 million pound striker who isn't even a nailed on starter in our one striker system.

We reward failure, don't accept responsibility for it, have shoddy standards and have a culture of it right through the club. It's unforgivable.

Just giving money isn't enough, I can't think of another profession where there is such little accountability for those at the top making so many bad decisions.

I might be suffering from time making the heart grow fonder, but I feel like Dave King’s departure was the beginning of the end for this board.

I appreciate King stepped down in early 2020, but I imagine the success of 55 in 2021 and Seville in 2022 were legacy successes from when he took control.

His absolute insistence that Graeme Park not be re-elected, calling it morally wrong, was alarm bells stuff. How on earth can nepotism exist at a club our size?

We have board members who have had successful careers in Consulting and Financial market, but have any had success in football? King had and dare I say it, Lawwell has, but what do we have now? Bennet who detached from our reality and others like Graeme Park whose CV lists not a single achievement outwith daddy’s company and its subsidiaries.

19 hours ago, Lord Lockin said:

I think Phil threatened to walk and to try and stop this happening he was offered the contract extension.

This’ll be close, sorry attempted face saver all round.

12 minutes ago, Lovenkraaands said:

I might be suffering from time making the heart grow fonder, but I feel like Dave King’s departure was the beginning of the end for this board.

I appreciate King stepped down in early 2020, but I imagine the success of 55 in 2021 and Seville in 2022 were legacy successes from when he took control.

His absolute insistence that Graeme Park not be re-elected, calling it morally wrong, was alarm bells stuff. How on earth can nepotism exist at a club our size?

We have board members who have had successful careers in Consulting and Financial market, but have any had success in football? King had and dare I say it, Lawwell has, but what do we have now? Bennet who detached from our reality and others like Graeme Park whose CV lists not a single achievement outwith daddy’s company and its subsidiaries.

King tied us up in legal issues that we are still in court for. Then there was the cold shouldering.

And at least out of all the board members, the Park's through Graeme were in and about the club day to day helping with the running of the place. King was holed up in South Africa and Bennett in London. No idea what Wolhardt and the American guy do and what they bring to the table.

3 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

King tied us up in legal issues that we are still in court for. Then there was the cold shouldering.

And at least out of all the board members, the Park's through Graeme were in and about the club day to day helping with the running of the place. King was holed up in South Africa and Bennett in London. No idea what Wolhardt and the American guy do and what they bring to the table.

What court cases did King cause alone? I’m not being pedantic; that’s a genuine question.

Also, what do you mean with the cold shouldering?

Regardless, we were competing under King, during and shortly after his second time here, but we’re now no longer competitive and I’ll go one better - we don’t have a stadium fit for football.

40 minutes ago, CoplandRoad83 said:

Refused to support Gerrard 'fix the roof while the sun was shining' probably believing the squad was better than it was.

This is a load of shit to be perfectly honest.

Gerrard had choices and he had been backed for three years and it was time to start implementing the trading model. Before the 21-22 season kicked off he'd already signed four players in Simpson, Lundstram, Oforborh and Sakala. He'd even paid money to get Simpson in early the previous season.

Fixing the roof would have been selling one or two of Kamara, Kent, Morelos, Goldson or Aribo when their stock was high and reinvesting that on further players and keep the squad ticking over. He didn't and he subsequently failed to navigate an extremely winnable qualifier against ten men Malmo. That's what cost him any further investment in the team.

He then threw his toys out the pram and jumped ship.