***** The Official Rangers v Dynamo Kyiv UEFA Champions League Third Round Qualification Match Thread *****

12 minutes ago, Ivybank said:

Even 11 v 11 we wouldn’t have won ,we’ve no fucking forward line

dessers shouting at the crowd ,could be him away you don’t come back from that 

Yeah thought that at the time. Was a strange moment and not exactly something I would have thought you would want to be doing when you know you are not exactly a fans favourite.

2 minutes ago, allgavesome said:

it is but folk are acting like we make fuckall from the europa league,still decent money to be made there.

There is still decent money to be made in the Europa for sure, still an absolute sickener though! 

See if we were treated like adults and told from the end of last season that there would be limited funds for a "rebuild" i could almost have taken it. 

The constant amping up of "the Rangers rebuild" and then not signing any players of note is a fucking joke. 

Why try to raise expectations just to dash them! 

3 minutes ago, AljayBoy said:

I blame the manager for not seeing what we could all see and then changing tactics/personnel accordingly. The ref was blatantly incompetent/cheating, and so risking a young player who was on a debateable yellow to continue was a huge risk that didn't pay off and we're out because of it.

You could argue that any player getting a yellow is in danger of a second and therefore should be subbed.

1 minute ago, allgavesome said:

it is but folk are acting like we make fuckall from the europa league,still decent money to be made there.

could make over 20 million in the europa lg. more if we get out of the lg table, at least we wont see us hit for 6 and 7. every cloud has a silver lining. lol 

the Rangers board is killing us. 

17 minutes ago, AdzKyle said:

We are in serious danger as a club right now. Missing out on this money could be utterly catastrophic 

Catastrophic would be no EL group stages. We need to concentrate on winning the league this year to get CL qualification next year, only we can get it. That would settle the score

Just now, BlueThunder said:

Exactly. Should a manger immediately substitute every player on a yellow?

It was a scandalous decision that’s being used by some on here to voice their discontent.

Yup, people lashing out in the wrong place. 

Say it again, we were playing well first half but lacked the killer instinct. That’s not Clements fault, he’s working with a youngster in McAusland, someone who should be nowhere near a starter in Lawrence, an enigma in Dessers, a LB playing as a LW and a RW who hasn’t had a pre season (with our subs being Danilo who can’t walk currently, or Matondo and Scott fucking Wright). 

If we actually had some quality at CAM and out wide, we’d be infront by HT. He’s working with one hand tied behind his back and this clearly is going to be a season of rebuilding. 

Positives are we’ve got a much better CM pairing (although if one of Dio or Barron gets injured, we are fucked) and barring Tav, we looked good at the back. Propper looks a good signing and I think he’ll make Souttar a better player. Cerny also looks like he’ll be fine once he’s match fit, so clearly we’re recruiting better. 

3 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

Totally missed the point pep....he got sent off for fuck all....do we sub every player who is on a yellow?

The gamble was clearly that Jefte was causing bother so he stuck with him

Was booked then gave away two fouls straight after, as bad as the decision was it was coming a mile away, he took diamonde off because he was booked why the fuck he left jefte on only he knows.

Just now, CottonRunt said:

See if we were treated like adults and told from the end of last season that there would be limited funds for a "rebuild" i could almost have taken it. 

The constant amping up of "the Rangers rebuild" and then not signing any players of note is a fucking joke. 

Why try to raise expectations just to dash them! 

Season tickets and my gers that’s why. 

Fucking sick of this team. 

We were bad last season and we're worse in every single area this. This has been a transfer window for the ages given how bad it's been. The squad we have now is an embarrassment. 

2 weeks into the season and we already know we're losing the league by double figures unless a miracle happens in the next few weeks. 

The board have run this club into the ground. They might have put in the money but they've run it worse than I ever could have imagined. 

A lot of talk about a rebuild and planning for the future, but in reality what that actually meant was playing our bench players from last season, a 29 year old centre back and a winger on loan. 

Just now, johanhentze said:

You could argue that any player getting a yellow is in danger of a second and therefore should be subbed.

i would get it if Jefte got a stupid yellow after being on one.  then the blame could be pointed.  this was a total mess from the ref, he fucked the game and it was always going to end one way. 

Just back from the game. I fucked off when the second went in. Firstly the ref was fuckin shocking. So some of us at ht were concerned about the cunt sending one of our players off and would have taken Jefte off. We were beaten by a poor team because we are fuckin awful 

1 minute ago, chris182 said:

Catastrophic would be no EL group stages. We need to concentrate on winning the league this year to get CL qualification next year, only we can get it. That would settle the score

Pretty sure last years was the last automatic qualification. Either way, there is no chance we win the league. Don't do it to yourself.

4 minutes ago, chris182 said:

We need harry fkn Potter as manager to win the league ffs. The whole squad is howling.

5 minutes ago, Blueshoff said:

Right now without him we'd really be fucked 

Yep. Hence why we should have made arrangements to punt him after the SC final and bought in a competent Rangers no9 in his place. 

Don’t see him mentioned too often compared to the likes of Shankland but someone like Danny Armstrong would improve our squad drastically on the right side for a relatively small fee 

1 minute ago, AdzKyle said:

We need to look at some talent at Scottish level if we even want a chance at winning a cup. Lennon Miller will be too expensive but players like Danny Armstrong would add some attacking depth. 

At this point it also weakens teams that might beat us to second place! 

13 minutes ago, CottonRunt said:

We really cant be sacking another manager.  

Between the pay off and the total upheaval of the football department - which still isn't complete! 

Honestly, everything about Rangers is fucking toxic at the moment. 

1 win in 4 

Not a great start to the season. 

Wins the next two buys some time.

Huge question marks for me-  but we can't sack him after extending and having no money to spend. 

Who would take the Job complete hiding to nothing 

Why the fuck did propper run up the fucking line and play as a centre forward at 1 0? He caused that goal we had 10 mins to lump it into the box and create havoc , is he another that’s brain dead ?

2 minutes ago, the old guard said:

Was booked then gave away two fouls straight after, as bad as the decision was it was coming a mile away, he took diamonde off because he was booked why the fuck he left jefte on only he knows.

I think he too Dio off because he was fucked. Jefté was causing them problems and an alternative probably wouldnt. 

2 minutes ago, kelvd1873 said:

Minimum €13 million in the EL. Nothing like the minimum €46 million in the CL

I was almost about to make a joke and say hopefully we have targets ready to go for as soon as we know our budget from euro football

12 minutes ago, PromDeAnglais said:

And did we look like scoring for the 51 minutes we had 11 players?

Shocking decision to send off Jefte but it gives the manager/board an excuse from an otherwise shambolic performance. We're a shockingly poor team, end of.

Our press was working well and I wasn’t unhappy how well a bang average Rangers were doing.

But the referee handed them the win either through corruption or incompetence.

Even Walter couldn’t have influenced the decision which settled the game.