*****Official Rangers vs St Johnstone League Cup last 16 match thread*****

2 hours ago, gmcf said:

Trying to think positively , looking back I don't think it as bad a performance as some are making out . 

Some of our passing was quick and incisive , we created some good chances and were only rarely threatened at the back . We rested Dessers and Barron , and comfortably beat a PL team at Hampden .

Yes our finishing needs to improve , and I worry for the defence against a better team , but I think overall we're a better team than last season . Interesting to see what will happen if we can stay injury free . 

I’ve been pretty openly disgusted at the way we’ve been playing, but against St Johnstone we were much better and could see what we were trying to do.

We had more pace and power about us with Sterling central, and Lawrence dropping out. Even Matondo who I think is absolutely dug shit has electric pace, which helps too.

Fully expect to see Lawrence back in the team though…

The correct decision was reached...only because it was Rangers was there any controversy, we are not allowed to win a game without a media pundit meltdown or a opponent managers rant

:wanker:s  every one

You can see clearly in this video Dessers get tramped on, no foul by him

1 hour ago, graeme_4 said:

I’ve been pretty openly disgusted at the way we’ve been playing, but against St Johnstone we were much better and could see what we were trying to do.

We had more pace and power about us with Sterling central, and Lawrence dropping out. Even Matondo who I think is absolutely dug shit has electric pace, which helps too.

Fully expect to see Lawrence back in the team though…

Aye , I dont always agree with PCs selection but his options are pretty limited right now , particularly in the attacking midfield area.  

9 minutes ago, gmcf said:

Aye , I dont always agree with PCs selection but his options are pretty limited right now , particularly in the attacking midfield area.  

I think we would look a lot better if we had had one more midfielder available either to play the 10 or let Diamonde play as a more attacking 8.

Between injuries (primarily Sterling but also wonder what Clement’s thoughts are on Raskin going forward), the Hagi and Cantwell situations and missing out on targets we haven’t really had many options for the midfield, hence Lawrence getting so many minutes and Dowell also getting significantly more game time than we would all like.

Another midfielder in must be a priority for the next 10 days, as I just can’t see Clement’s system working if we have to persist with Lawrence in such a pivotal role.

Watched plenty of games where the referee raises his hands to play on. No doubt about it he was going to stop play but followed the rules and allowed the attacking phase of play to continue.

Then VAR came in to help the referee. Exactly why VAR was introduced to the game. VAR done it's job but because it's Rangers it's a different story.

Swear to fuck man every goal we score it's an examination and finding fault in anything in the build up. 

3 hours ago, lau03143 said:

I was in the south stand, at the corner flag, so had a good view of Dessers turn, and the ref raising his hand. I didn't even jump up as I saw his arm raised well before Dessers took his shot.

Was a very bizzare situation, but if he's not blown the whistle to stop play, then it's quite clear no matter what the media say that the right decision was reached.

I was the same, although from the North Stand. I saw the ref’s hand up and didn’t bother celebrating as I assumed he’d also blown his whistle at that point.

2 hours ago, rossco87 said:

I think we would look a lot better if we had had one more midfielder available either to play the 10 or let Diamonde play as a more attacking 8.

Between injuries (primarily Sterling but also wonder what Clement’s thoughts are on Raskin going forward), the Hagi and Cantwell situations and missing out on targets we haven’t really had many options for the midfield, hence Lawrence getting so many minutes and Dowell also getting significantly more game time than we would all like.

Another midfielder in must be a priority for the next 10 days, as I just can’t see Clement’s system working if we have to persist with Lawrence in such a pivotal role.

Aye , I agree with all of that . Its a shame Hagi and Cantwell can't , or won't play , as they're our most creative midfielders and it's the area we're struggling with most .

The sooner we can address that , the better .

2 hours ago, Soldier blue said:

Pleased for the ref that it’s all cleared up now. Just waiting for Levein to apologise and admit he made a mistake as he wanted the ref to do. Not happening.

Don’t give a fuck about the ref as he’s previously been chronic with us, however you are bang on about Levein looking for an apology so the least he should do is come out and publicly accept the decision rather than a club statement.