Hitting a rock bottom

8 hours ago, qwerty said:

Experience tells me that in order for things to get better / improve it sometimes takes a collosal rock bottom to be hit.

It takes hitting the very bedrock of a big deep hole to be felt beneath my feet.

Do we as a support need to let the board bungle along until they hit a rock bottom in order to get them to fuck?

We are winning fuck all this season with the current 3 ring circus that's in play.

I'm just sick of it.

Was only 13 years ago we did, and even if you remove the green etc years, the current board plus the guys who removed the green era mob, have had 9 years to grow the club

Instead they have massively fucked it

If this board hit rock bottom, would we trust them to lift us up again

I dont

6 hours ago, steven33jackie said:

No manager can survive this squad.

On current trajectory I reckon our annual manager replacement is on course for October/November. Given the fairytale our board spun Clement about funds to rebuild the squad, I don't see any manager of real standing coming anywhere near us. So McInnes it is when rock bottom hits. Question is do we then keep digging or turn it around.

McInnes will probably refuse again, as we are as much a basket case now as we were in 2017 when he last told them to poke it.

16 minutes ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

McInnes will probably refuse again, as we are as much a basket case now as we were in 2017 when he last told them to poke it.

I said before Clement got his new contract that I expected McInnes to be our manager by the end of the season, the new contract threw me but wouldn't be surprised to see it happen, and I definitely don't think he'd knock it back again, imagine that's a massive regret of his.

23 minutes ago, NixonRFC said:

I said before Clement got his new contract that I expected McInnes to be our manager by the end of the season, the new contract threw me but wouldn't be surprised to see it happen, and I definitely don't think he'd knock it back again, imagine that's a massive regret of his.

I really hope you're wrong, don't think McInnes is is someone to take us forward, but you might well be right.

Just new on here so be gentle but why on earth did we go for a foreign manager?

Advocaat started well then it imploded.

Le Guen was a disaster.

Pedro was the worst ever.

Gio did get us to a European final but it started to go downhill the next season.

Our best managers have always been Scots.

McInnes is probably the only one that springs to mind unless Davie Moyes was interested but I would imagine finances would rule him out

5 minutes ago, RogerMellie said:

Le Guen was a disaster.

Gio did get us to a European final but it started to go downhill the next season.

McInnes is probably the only one that springs to mind unless Davie Moyes was interested but I would imagine finances would rule him out

Has managed a few decent clubs and won a couple of leagues in Belgium.

Who do we get to replace the current mob though, that's the awful truth of the matter. It's not like there's anyone obvious sitting in the wings ready to take over and improve things. No prospective buyers either. 

We badly need a figure head at the club right now, someone who can galvanise everyone. I'm not saying him per se, but a Souness type would be great to have as a Chief Exec or some other position. 

3 minutes ago, Blue Hugh said:

Has managed a few decent clubs and won a couple of leagues in Belgium.

Le Guen had won 3 in a row in France before we got him.

Foreign managers/coaches like to play stylish football which is great but just doesn’t seem to work in Scotland.

I still have hope though that if gets time and money he can create something 

This feels as bad as it gets - there seems no way out of this while we can’t shift the shite we’ve got and have no cash

Then add in the off field shambles and the fact celtic rake in tens of millions every year

They will win pretty much everything fairly easily for a good few years to come 

Fucking nightmare 

13 minutes ago, RogerMellie said:

Le Guen was a disaster.

Fuck up Nigel. 

10 minutes ago, LegendofCoop said:

Who do we get to replace the current mob though, that's the awful truth of the matter. It's not like there's anyone obvious sitting in the wings ready to take over and improve things. No prospective buyers either. 

We badly need a figure head at the club right now, someone who can galvanise everyone. I'm not saying him per se, but a Souness type would be great to have as a Chief Exec or some other position. 

Can't go appointing people with no known business experience just because they're an ex player but get what you mean. 

Someone competent would do just fine.

8 minutes ago, RogerMellie said:

Foreign managers/coaches like to play stylish football which is great but just doesn’t seem to work in Scotland.

No one knew Le Guen was going to be a disaster though.

Hard graft and phsyciality is first and foremost  in this league though.

22 minutes ago, RogerMellie said:

Le Guen was a disaster.

David Moyes the massive celtic fan? Aye sounds like a good appointment

25 minutes ago, RogerMellie said:

Le Guen was a disaster.

There isn’t a single British manager that has the pedigree needed that we could afford. 

20 minutes ago, RogerMellie said:

Philippe Clement doesn’t, that’s for sure :lol:

We're there.

How much further do people want us to fall before they stand up and say enough is enough?

We're going to be overtaken in trophies, we've had to take down signage being utterly humbled, they're going for three in a row, genuinely setting them up for another crack at ten with how fucking much of a rut we seem to be in at the moment.

Do you expect it to be different next season with this board still in charge? Do we expect a miraculous turn around and the much needed rebuild? Do we expect the projects this board keep attempting at the expense of the football department to actually change anything??

I say again, we're fucking there. 

Some are numb to it, some might be in denial, some just may have not realised yet.

But we're fucking miles away from what we once were, 2012 and the fucking goons and mess afterwards has had a lasting impact, there's a new generation of fans, that only know us as a basket case fumbling amateur shitshow.

It's a fucking mess.

3 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

That’s a couple of times now that I’ve seen people saying that an ex player should be appointed as CEO and in all honesty, it’s one of the most baffling suggestions I’ve ever seen on almost 20 years on this forum :lol:

100%

Need an individual with business acumen but more importantly previous experience of running a decent sized football club.