Union Bears

16 minutes ago, Essandoh said:

Don’t really see any scenario where an ultras group situated in a ‘family’ stand, that has also historically sat the beasts, would be a better fit than the traditional Rangers end on Copland Road.

Mental that people are giving up on it already after years of desire to see the atmosphere improved. It’ll take time - like anything.

It’s early days but it was better in the Broomloan. Atm it’s not even debatable. It’s only BR is the family section btw, they were never in the family section of the stand 

Trying to label a stand at Ibrox as being historically a “beasts” section is embarrassing aswell mate 

17 minutes ago, Essandoh said:

Don’t really see any scenario where an ultras group situated in a ‘family’ stand, that has also historically sat the beasts, would be a better fit than the traditional Rangers end on Copland Road.

Mental that people are giving up on it already after years of desire to see the atmosphere improved. It’ll take time - like anything.

They were in the Broomloan for years.  It's not hard to come up with a scenario ffs, they were clearly better off there.

21 minutes ago, Dan Deacon said:

Was less than 10 mins in before someone shouted that from the rear.

I quite enjoyed the atmosphere with them there today tbh. But agree the megaphones pish. Happy to contribute to a better quality one.

Never be a better quality one. It’s always been impossible to understand. Like a mad political rally when he’s screaming into it 

The issue you have is that you have now put a singing section in a stand where the majority of folk don’t get off their seat, Leaving the non UB members who joined in the songs still sitting in the broamloan or the broamloan end of the enclosure/main stand and Govan.

not a dig at the Copland stand but in the last 20 years or so,  it’s always been quiet compare to the other stands. 

I know several folk who sit in the CR and they don’t stand up and sing and didn’t want the UB coming. So I assume there will be a majority with the same outlook. 

7 hours ago, Prso's headband said:

Even heard shouts towards the wee guys with the megaphones to shut the fuck up.

odds on them being one of the ones to either booo, leave before the 80 minutes or be one of them ones that tell other people around them to sit down and shut up. UB maybe at times act like wee neds by god do they bring an atmosphere, i'd give anything to have the away fans who constantly travel away to games who constantly sing non stop for 90 minutes compared to a library style atmosphere or just groan and hiss because of a wayward pass.

This was proposed to make them more visible behind the goals in the middle of stand to encourage Rangers end into singing.

They've been put slightly to the side, can't see them on TV, the Copland doesn't want to join in with what's going on, and we've effectively barriered them off from our own supporters with stewards, while people tell them to be quiet, sit down and shut the fuck up etc.

Seems a shitshow. But then it's been organised and overseen by Rangers, so what did we except?

12 hours ago, Prso's headband said:

Will be plenty in that stand who just won’t join in because they don’t want them there. 

Even heard shouts towards the wee guys with the megaphones to shut the fuck up. 

Seems like a bad move all-round. Would’ve worked well in BF. 

I also think too many in Copland Front are set in their ways to join in.

I'm behind them so can't say for the full 90 minutes, but watching the highlights they seemed quite isolated.

Jury's still out on this one.

2 hours ago, Loyal72 said:

This was proposed to make them more visible behind the goals in the middle of stand to encourage Rangers end into singing.

They've been put slightly to the side, can't see them on TV, the Copland doesn't want to join in with what's going on, and we've effectively barriered them off from our own supporters with stewards, while people tell them to be quiet, sit down and shut the fuck up etc.

Seems a shitshow. But then it's been organised and overseen by Rangers, so what did we except?

They’re as central as they can be.

I saw one guy stand up and clap along in the section beside them once, but apart from that I didn’t see any other folk joining in.

A couple of songs did start up in the Broomloan, though, and the UB joined in.

But for most of the game, the background noise just came from the other end of the ground.

Read a few comments on here even one aimed at me about the self entitlement of the UB for wanting to stand and sing at games. I’ll spin that around what about the self entitlement of the lazy boring bastards that want to sit on their arse the full game and groan and moan constantly then shout abuse at the people who want to actually try and create an atmosphere that we can all be proud off. The UB aren’t the problem the problem is the people who think cause they’ve sat on their arse in silence in the same seat for twenty’s years they expect everybody else around them to do the same thing, I’ve heard things like sit doon these seats have been in my family for years fuck off back to the Broomloan, thats self entitlement right there. Ive said it and ill say it again nothing stays the same forever, as a support we’ve got to move with the times or be left behind. The beast have two singing  sections and as far as I’m aware their boggin support in general back them, our support just give abuse, try to ridicule and are deliberately trying to make this move as difficult as possible because of their self entitlement to a seat and to sit in silence.

2 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Read a few comments on here even one aimed at me about the self entitlement of the UB for wanting to stand and sing at games. I’ll spin that around what about the self entitlement of the lazy boring bastards that want to sit on their arse the full game and groan and moan constantly then shout abuse at the people who want to actually try and create an atmosphere that we can all be proud off. The UB aren’t the problem the problem is the people who think cause they’ve sat on their arse in silence in the same seat for twenty’s years they expect everybody else around them to do the same thing, I’ve heard things like sit doon these seats have been in my family for years fuck off back to the Broomloan, thats self entitlement right there. Ive said it and ill say it again nothing stays the same forever, as a support we’ve got to move with the times or be left behind. The beast have two singing  sections and as far as I’m aware their boggin support in general back them, our support just give abuse, try to ridicule and are deliberately trying to make this move as difficult as possible because of their self entitlement to a seat and to sit in silence.

I get the point you’re trying to make mate but it isn’t really self entitlement to want to sit down in a stadium that’s meant to be all seated :lol:

I’d rather stand too fwiw but what this episode has taught me so far is I’m better staying in the BF than moving to the Copland for that 

12 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

I get the point you’re trying to make mate but it isn’t really self entitlement to want to sit down in a stadium that’s meant to be all seated :lol:

I’d rather stand too fwiw but what this episode has taught me so far is I’m better staying in the BF than moving to the Copland for that 

And it’s not self entitlement to want to stand and sing at a match ether,  that’s my point the self entitlement stuff I’ve read is nonsense.

See to be honest mate I loved my seats in the Broomloan right next to the stairwell. and didn’t  particularly want to move , also think the lads get far more support from other fans around them the Broomloan side of the ground with the west enclosure  Broomloan rear and parts of the Govan joining in I’m not sure the Copland will ever properly get on board with the UB because too many people are stuck in their ways and not open to change, that’s sad because it’s the traditional Rangers end it’s where the atmosphere should be generated from but the majority of people can’t be arsed.

4 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

And it’s not self entitlement to want to stand and sing at a match ether,  that’s my point the self entitlement stuff I’ve read is nonsense.

See to be honest mate I loved my seats in the Broomloan right next to the stairwell. and didn’t  particularly want to move , also think the lads get far more support from other fans around them the Broomloan side of the ground with the west enclosure  Broomloan rear and parts of the Govan joining in I’m not sure the Copland will ever properly get on board with the UB because too many people are stuck in their ways and not open to change, that’s sad because it’s the traditional Rangers end it’s where the atmosphere should be generated from but the majority of people can’t be arsed.

You’re just getting upset because @Dan Deaconslagged your megaphone 

Don’t think it worked very well yesterday tbh.

As long as they’re not blocking folks views, then stand and sing away.

Think sitting near to the megaphone guy would be an absolute pain in the arse.

Be interesting to see how it works on Thursday with a ‘bigger’ game / atmosphere. 

13 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Be interesting to see how it works on Thursday with a ‘bigger’ game / atmosphere. 

Probably be fine for european games and old firms because the buzz is different 

46 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

It's the team itself that creates the best atmosphere. 

Nothing beats those big European nights / OF games when the team are up for it.

1 hour ago, Tiger Shaw said:

How is that being self entitled at all? 

I'd rather stand and have an atmosphere but the whole 'ultra'/choreographed way the UB do it is never going to take off in or support. 

10 minutes ago, HuistraHairDo said:

Well you would think it was that guy ^ the way the moany fuckers are butt  hurt by the UB presence 

early days yet for the Copland I hope it takes off  and we have a section to compete with the likes of Dortmunds wall in a bit of time

Until it's 70 minutes then the wall gets broken down like 1989 Berlin so people can get an extra pint to deal with going home to the Mrs