Board, Manager & Players

Loyal72

I'd love to get an answer from the board on how the Edmiston House project is shaping up. What lead them to believe we would make 1m a year with it?

A project that ran 3x over budget and makes a pittance. 

It's now September and there's still no CEO, DoF or Head of Youth. We are an unserious football club cosplaying as a big club. 

2 minutes ago, AGM_72 said:

I'd love to get an answer from the board on how the Edmiston House project is shaping up. What lead them to believe it would make 1m a year with it?

It's now September and there's still no CEO, DoF or Head of Youth. We are an unserious football club cosplaying as a big club. 

Run by amateurs mate. Professionals required now.  Make you fucking greet the state of our once great club. 😩

6 minutes ago, AGM_72 said:

I'd love to get an answer from the board on how the Edmiston House project is shaping up. What lead them to believe it would make 1m a year with it?

Good word. I'm using that somewhere today :thumbsup:

Aw fur coat and nae knickers sums up this board.

Ed House and a few thousand extra seats do nothing for the team on the park week in and week out.

The money that has been spent on both these projects would have been better spent on players that can win games.

5 hours ago, bluenose48 said:

Ed House and a few thousand extra seats do nothing for the team on the park week in and week out.

The money that has been spent on both these projects would have been better spent on players that can win games.

I’m not sure if it’s still the case with UEFAs new rules but I thought infrastructure investment could be offset against transfers/wages/revenue? So in a roundabout way it would let you spend more on the team that you would have been able to without the investment 

8 hours ago, bluenose48 said:

How many extra seats have we installed? I thought it was around 600.

On 04/09/2024 at 06:42, Jelavic191 said:

I’m not sure if it’s still the case with UEFAs new rules but I thought infrastructure investment could be offset against transfers/wages/revenue? So in a roundabout way it would let you spend more on the team that you would have been able to without the investment 

It is, and whatever revenue ed house etc brings in means more can be spent on wages etc as a % for FFP

All good people saying we need investment, but as we have seen down south you can't just have owners throwing money into a club now, it has to be generated someway

19 minutes ago, Jimfanciesthedude said:

It is, and whatever revenue ed house etc brings in means more can be spent on wages etc as a % for FFP

All good people saying we need investment, but as we have seen down south you can't just have owners throwing money into a club now, it has to be generated someway

Aye there's a difference between that and investors not giving a penny over since 55. 

Revenue from NEH won't even scratch the surface. 

On 02/09/2024 at 18:35, Dickie1963 said:

You can't sack the Board.

And if you could who would replace them ?

Be careful what you wish for.

We have gone backwards since we reached Europa Cup Final of that there is no doubt. 

Morelos and Kent being allowed to leave for nothing was a disgrace. They should have been told sign a new contract or you won't play again.

Any sort of boycott will damage the club and team and allow celtic to continue to dominate us. 

It might even put the financial future of the club at risk. 

We still have players we bought/acquired to come into the side.

Rather than boycotts let's get behind the team 100%

This is why we’ll stagnate for years

1 minute ago, esquire8 said:

Because those in charge have went from one fuck up to another. Don't blame anyone from not giving another penny.

There has been very little accountability for decisions made by people on that board. Wilson got a new job, Bisgrove got a new job, Robertson has vanished. The rest are still there

1 minute ago, East London Loyal said:

Most clubs don’t. 

That said, an investor with vision could change Rangers fortunes and become profitable. 

Is the future moving down south? 

No. We aren't moving down south.

Most clubs don't because they pay ridiculously high wages. celtic are profitable. They make large profits every year. 

Just now, RossS1873 said:

No. We aren't moving down south.

Most clubs don't because they pay ridiculously high wages. celtic are profitable. They make large profits every year. 

Are know the club aren’t now, but to make serious money and become a challenger in a bigger pool, is it in the clubs interest to make the switch? 

The blocker is see is that the Turkey’s down south won’t vote for Christmas. 

22 hours ago, East London Loyal said:

Quick question - Why doesn’t Rangers have a series of investors wanting to throw money in?

Scottish football isn't an attractive proposition for a lot of the big investors either. 

We're a heritage name, poorly run and in a league they won't get their money back in due to poor sponsorship etc. We're relying on Champions League income and player sales in order to grow the club, and neither areas we're looking good in at this time (and never capitalised on player sales).