Board Issues

the goal machine

1 hour ago, ForeverAndEver said:

There’s a protest for those that have been shouting for one, now’s your time👍

I always think these need more clarity tbh.

What are we actually protesting?

Do we want shareholders to sell up? Most shareholder boards aren’t the one that operates the business. 

Do we just want a better operational structure (eg CEO, CFO, Director of football, Director of Academy)?

Are we happy to keep current shareholders, but have someone else chair & run the club?

Feels a bit like ‘I want change but I don’t know what I want exactly’. 

1 hour ago, Loyal72 said:

Leave FactionWalter/Big Rab alone imo.

Not me mate, I'm debating whether or not to continue with my own plan to push for board change but I'll not be posting about that.

This is my new account. I decided on Friday night that I needed a detox for my mental health so I messaged admin to cancel my account. I signed back up on Saturday as I changed my mind but I got banned upon re-registering so this is me back again. I don't understand why I was banned upon the reregistration as it was my choice to cancel my account on Friday evening and I received no explanation. Regardless, I thought I'd come back into the fold again.

But to cut a long story short, I still think action is needed to oust the Parks in particular and I am firmly behind Dave King returning. I don't know about this new twitter group page but I may reactivate my page and see if they'd like to team up.

37 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

I always think these need more clarity tbh.

What are we actually protesting?

Do we want shareholders to sell up? Most shareholder boards aren’t the one that operates the business. 

Do we just want a better operational structure (eg CEO, CFO, Director of football, Director of Academy)?

Are we happy to keep current shareholders, but have someone else chair & run the club?

Feels a bit like ‘I want change but I don’t know what I want exactly’. 

Big part of the problem with the majority of the support.

For me the problem lies firmly at the feet of the Rangers International Board and our most powerful shareholder. They are the ones who Authorised and oversaw countless incompetent executive board hires that seen us regress on and off the pitch while gladly funding projects like NEH that a club in our position had no foundation to build for their own narcissistic legacy.

Then, at a time of much needed new investment, either chase away potential new investors from buying current shares or refusing to dilute their own shares for the benefit of the club. We haven't had a share issue since 2021 and even then that was a small amount. 

These guys are the root cause of everything that's collapsed since winning 55. They micro manage a CEO then bury their heads in the sand when the stadium is under going a very time restricted construction work. 

If they refuse to be part of the solution then they are part of the problem. 

19 minutes ago, Import Export said:

Not me mate, I'm debating whether or not to continue with my own plan to push for board change but I'll not be posting about that.

This is my new account. I decided on Friday night that I needed a detox for my mental health so I messaged admin to cancel my account. I signed back up on Saturday as I changed my mind but I got banned upon re-registering so this is me back again. I don't understand why I was banned upon the reregistration as it was my choice to cancel my account on Friday evening and I received no explanation. Regardless, I thought I'd come back into the fold again.

But to cut a long story short, I still think action is needed to oust the Parks in particular and I am firmly behind Dave King returning. I don't know about this new twitter group page but I may reactivate my page and see if they'd like to team up.

Wtf happened did you get banned? 😂 nvm, hope you stick to your name this time 😂

4 minutes ago, Loyal72 said:

Wtf happened did you get banned? 😂 nvm, hope you stick to your name this time 😂

It was always going to be Big Robert but with the fan group I thought it made sense to change my name on here to reflect it. SO who knows, I was struggling to think of a new name so just put the line of work my business is in :tu:

Hope you are well mate.

4 minutes ago, Import Export said:

I cancelled my account on Friday because I thought it would be good for my mental health, on Saturday I signed back up up but when I tried to log in for the first time in my new account it said banned.

No idea why but I'm back. 

Not for long @admin

20 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Big part of the problem with the majority of the support.

For me the problem lies firmly at the feet of the Rangers International Board and our most powerful shareholder. They are the ones who Authorised and oversaw countless incompetent executive board hires that seen us regress on and off the pitch while gladly funding projects like NEH that a club in our position had no foundation to build for their own narcissistic legacy.

Then, at a time of much needed new investment, either chase away potential new investors from buying current shares or refusing to dilute their own shares for the benefit of the club. We haven't had a share issue since 2021 and even then that was a small amount. 

These guys are the root cause of everything that's collapsed since winning 55. They micro manage a CEO then bury their heads in the sand when the stadium is under going a very time restricted construction work. 

If they refuse to be part of the solution then they are part of the problem. 

That’s the thing, if we have a competent executive board then the shareholders really don’t matter too much.

Think folk are effectively saying ‘sack the shareholders’, which just isn’t happening.

6 hours ago, Jimfanciesthedude said:

Maybe he's only interested in working at clubs where winning trophies isn't the be all and end all, if his tech etc is that good then surely he'd be doing it at bigger clubs than Brighton and USG

Maybe he's only keen on clubs where he'll have time to work on a system and develop it at a club, whereas we'd be chasing him out of govan the first time a player misplaces a pass lol

He'll want to do it at teams he can afford and who have a significant financial upside. 

He can't afford to go out and buy a Man Utd, Liverpool etc. USG were a point off winning the title last season so they are very much a team you would expect to be winning trophies going forward.

He'll be identifying clubs who have all the characteristics to succeed and grow financially if done well. Brighton was a prime example where they were a relatively cheap club in the lower leagues, had a good new stadium, were well located close to London. USG were very similar, a relatively middling team in the 2nd division that had real room to grow. 

Both clubs are now worth many multiples more than when he bought them over. He wouldn't be interested in Rangers as the financial upside isn't there. Scotland puts a massive ceiling on where we can go.

Our board simply replicate the mentality of all the other diddy clubs when deciding on the best way forward for Scottish football……self preservation. They can say things like “we’re doing it for the people”, etc. they are sound bytes and I’m far from convinced they’re always truthful.

As leaders, they’ve never really challenged themselves to move the club forward if it isn’t in their own interests, which ironically, improving the club value and making difficult decisions might actually improve the worth of their investment, they just don’t see it that way. Complete short mindedness and adds to the fragility of the club. We’ve now, potentially, got Gilligan making key decisions, what makes him qualified to be making those decisions now for the betterment of the club? Probably just more of the same for the foreseeable. 

We've all said for years the business model needed improved, are we really operated any differently to Murray’s days of losses 20/30y ago?  EBT’s apart of course :pipe:.  This is all mismanagement for years, not just recent decision making and every one of the board has to take ownership, however, it’s always someone else’s fault. Well it’s not ours as fans, that’s for sure. 

I don’t dispute they have invested millions and kept us afloat, there is just very little forward direction. Any glimmer of hope we’ve seen for change has been quashed almost immediately eg player trading improved with sale of Bassey and Patterson then to let Morelos and Kent leave (let lone this summer’s mob) for nothing. Win 55, then take the eye off an opportunity for domination and readily accept one win every 10 or 20y is ok. We’ve bought some younger players in for sure now, only time will tell if we make any money from them. 

Sorry, bit of a rant troops, just sick of it all these days. 

3 hours ago, Import Export said:

I don't see why if there was a valid reason then that's understandable but there is not.

After all RM isn't like Herr Goebbels over at Follow Follow.

You do know that, if you don’t want to post, you can just not post.

@Import Export, until such time as we have received evidence of you being a Rangers fan we do not want you promoting this 'campaign' on our website. We've seen enough so called fans spokesmen over the years on here along with some Walter mittys who were at it, that we get suspicious when another one comes along. If we can verify your authenticity then post away about it, but until then, we don't want to hear it.

Just now, MisterC said:

@Import Export, until such time as we have received evidence of you being a Rangers fan we do not want you promoting this 'campaign' on our website. We've seen enough so called fans spokesmen over the years on here along with some Walter mittys who were at it, that we get suspicious when another one comes along. If we can verify your authenticity then post away about it, but until then, we don't want to hear it

Many accounts has he had C? 

14 minutes ago, MisterC said:

@Import Export, until such time as we have received evidence of you being a Rangers fan we do not want you promoting this 'campaign' on our website. We've seen enough so called fans spokesmen over the years on here along with some Walter mittys who were at it, that we get suspicious when another one comes along. If we can verify your authenticity then post away about it, but until then, we don't want to hear it.

Fair enough I wont post about the letter until I can send you acceptable proof.

A positive could be at least Gilligan on an interim basis would have our best interests at hand who should know who would be a good shout or rock the boat more in regards to going back to King or not, but theres no CEO,long-term Chairman or Academy Director so its really messy the now. Koppen must be wondering what's going on as Director of Football recruitment aswell with everyone leaving. Also, quite a few of the shareholder/investors on the board are based overseas in Hong Kong/America/South Africa with less actually based here like Park iirc.

19 hours ago, Import Export said:

I don't see why if there was a valid reason then that's understandable but there is not.

After all RM isn't like Herr Goebbels over at Follow Follow.

Probably because of the continual, virtual serious assault you were handing out to RM favourite BABN.