Board Issues

7 minutes ago, Davy Vandenbroucke said:

What makes it even worse is that the guy he said it to was a frequent user of the mental health thread on FF, so either he knew that when he said it or he just didn’t care who he was speaking to. That’s not even mentioning the fact he’s permabanned him and denied him access to that support network, for a horrible comment HE MADE.

Either way, he’s fucked it big time here, and there absolutely should be consequences for him.

Vile.

3 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Hopefully Rangers have a set of baws about them and revoke any press access he had. 

David Edgar is an admin on there and has spoken numerous times about his own mental health and the importance of being supportive around mental health issues - if he’s aware of this and chooses to say nothing then he’ll seriously go down in my estimation.

I’m subscribed to H&H so that’ll be getting cancelled as well.

8 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Has it been reported to the club?

The guy said he would if he didn't get an apology but considering Dingwall has basically deleted all the evidence then apart from the screenshots out there, there's nothing and he's already clearly on ignore and deflect mode. Fucking odious cunt

1 minute ago, RossS1873 said:

The guy said he would if he didn't get an apology but considering Dingwall has basically deleted all the evidence then apart from the screenshots out there, there's nothing and he's already clearly on ignore and deflect mode. Fucking odious cunt

Disgusting behaviour by him 

10 hours ago, rangersross said:

I think you're right but, to give the existing board some credit, I believe they genuinely fear a single owner could put the club in jeopardy again, and have decided a situation where no single shareholder owns >15% is safer.

After the events of the last ~12 years, I completely understand why a smart investor would prioritise the long-term stability of the company. At the same time, it's hard to justify such a cautious strategy when the business' primary aim is to overtake a competitor with a number of financial + operational advantages. 

Our corporate strategy demands caution, our business goals demand risk. 

That’s a good take on the situation, I would say.

Our cause is not helped by the two horse race (no laughing at the back) that the last 40 years have become - if it’s not us winning the league, it’s (increasingly) them.

Which is seeing a multiplier effect on the respective financial positions of the respective clubs.

i would understand the current major stakeholders caution on the single owner front better if they had, bar one significant exception, shown they had the resource and acumen to properly challenge them, but all I see is an acceptance of the status quo, and being happy that moderate success at Europa League level will bring in enough to just about keep the lights on.

The ‘right people’ have and do what it takes…

15 hours ago, JCDBigBear said:

I tend to agree but the board must have sanctioned it. 

👍🏻Course they did, no way he was doing it without it. But he was fly enough to do a runner before the shit hit the fan. Which he knew was going to happen.