Philippe Clement views amongst the support post-Kilmarnock

crmpicco

Philippe Clement  

276 members have voted

1. 1. What do we do?

• Keep him
    • Sack him

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closes on 22/10/24 at 21:05

5 hours ago, Real Ranger said:

The money Clement’s been given would buy a bench warmer for an average EPL team, celtic spent 11 million on one player and 6 million on another who only plays when another is injured. 
I’m not arguing that we’ve been shite, I just don’t see the point in sacking him when he’s had to deal with losing the players he has and not been given anywhere enough funds to replace them never mind making us stronger.

How much money have Aberdeen and Kilmarnock spent on their team this season?

4 hours ago, RM Monitor And Standards Officer said:

Id expect a Rangers manager who has the budget we do to at least be on the tails of the Fenians before Halloween 

What budget, did I miss the 25/30 million Clement got in the summer to rebuild the squad?
I accept we’ve been rotten, not good enough from Clement and his players but before chasing him out the door after one year factors should be taken into account such as the mess he inherited from Beale, the players that left in the summer, the shoe string budget he’s received ( that’s what it is by Rangers standards )and being expected to improve whilst reducing the wage bill.

Love to know how the fans calling for his head can have any faith that this board will find a man who can deliver the title under the current restraints. 

4 minutes ago, Real Ranger said:

What budget, did I miss the 25/30 million Clement got in the summer to rebuild the squad?
I accept we’ve been rotten, not good enough from Clement and his players but before chasing him out the door after one year factors should be taken into account such as the mess he inherited from Beale, the players that left in the summer, the shoe string budget he’s received ( that’s what it is by Rangers standards )and being expected to improve whilst reducing the wage bill.

Love to know how the fans calling for his head can have any faith that this board will find a man who can deliver the title under the current restraints. 

I think for me the turning point is the lack of fight, spirit and determination from a number of the players, and the inability to change games.

I was on here just a week or two ago saying that my expectations had been reset due to the fact we are in a rebuild and our wage budget etc has been reduced dramatically compared to what it used to be.

But, no matter the level of player or budget, there is no excuse to have a lack of fight, passion or dig and considering both celtic and Aberdeen dropped points the day before, Kilmarnock wanted it more and that to me is inexcusable. 

I don't like the managerial merrygoround either, but I really can't see Clement coming back from this.

4 minutes ago, Somemightsay7 said:

How much money have Aberdeen and Kilmarnock spent on their team this season?

Our levels of performance have been nowhere near good enough, Sunday was the worst in a poor start to the season.

Aberdeen have surprised everyone this season and Kilmarnock have been poor but did to us what they’ve done to better old firm teams on their own pitch over the years.

Any man in the hot seat at Ibrox has to be given the funds needed to deliver success, with the mess he inherited and the players that left in the summer, the lack of funding, Clement is the scapegoat for the mismanagement of Rangers off the park. I’m far from convinced sacking him will solve anything.

I truly believe we are suffering due to this prolonged period of mediocrity. It has almost become engrained in our playing staff that losses and draws are acceptable. There is zero fight or passion (Balogun post match comments exempted from this).

How do you change that though? Losing the likes of Jimmy Bell from within the club would not have helped matters either, but realistically who else bleeds blue enough to put in a role that will drum in to the players what it SHOULD mean to be a Rangers player? 

I can't think of anyone that would have a big enough impact. The Manager should be trying to instill a sense of pride and desire but either he isn't or he is trying and the squad are just here to pick up a salary and don't give a fuck.

You would be as well trying to find 11 die hard Rangers supporters who are at any sort of professional level and throwing them together. At least then you would be starting with that passion and fight from every kick off. Develop the talent later. 

I know the above is nonsensical and is down right ludicrous, but at this point you would be as well giving it a go as opposed to paying so called professionals tens of thousands a week just to turn up and plod along as we have done for the last decade.

4 minutes ago, Real Ranger said:

Our levels of performance have been nowhere near good enough, Sunday was the worst in a poor start to the season.

Aberdeen have surprised everyone this season and Kilmarnock have been poor but did to us what they’ve done to better old firm teams on their own pitch over the years.

Any man in the hot seat at Ibrox has to be given the funds needed to deliver success, with the mess he inherited and the players that left in the summer, the lack of funding, Clement is the scapegoat for the mismanagement of Rangers off the park. I’m far from convinced sacking him will solve anything.

Clement has had £20 Million to spend since he came when you inc Cortes obligation to buy.

Just now, STEPPS BOY said:

Clement has had £20 Million to spend since he came when you inc Cortes obligation to buy.

Absolutely spot on, saying he hasn’t been backed is a load of shite.

Even if the board haven’t backed him (or backed him enough) the players at the club if setup correctly should be strolling second place. This isn’t happening and that is not on the board that is on clement, the coaches and the players.

1 minute ago, Real Ranger said:

Do you genuinely feel Clements getting the best out of the players available to him and has us organised focused and fighting for victorys ? 

Take away all the boardroom nonsense we’ve got a manager who’s team and players are consistently underperforming, that’s not on the board that’s on clement. Replacing him obviously doesn’t solve all our problems but having a manager who’s capable of organising a team and having players fit and performing consistently and showing fight and hunger would be a start.  He’s been here over a year it’s not going to work he needs removed.  There’s a guy out of contract in November who could give us far more than clement is.

22 minutes ago, Negri's lovechild said:

I think for me the turning point is the lack of fight, spirit and determination from a number of the players, and the inability to change games.

I was on here just a week or two ago saying that my expectations had been reset due to the fact we are in a rebuild and our wage budget etc has been reduced dramatically compared to what it used to be.

But, no matter the level of player or budget, there is no excuse to have a lack of fight, passion or dig and considering both celtic and Aberdeen dropped points the day before, Kilmarnock wanted it more and that to me is inexcusable. 

I don't like the managerial merrygoround either, but I really can't see Clement coming back from this.

You make fair points but for me that’s possibly down to the weight of expectations being too much for the level of player we’re now bringing in. Playing for Rangers isn’t only about ability it’s also about having the right mentality.

If he does get sacked his replacement must be given the kind of financial backing Clement hasn’t been given otherwise we’ll be back here this time next year if he makes it that long.

15 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Do you genuinely feel Clements getting the best out of the players available to him and has us organised focused and fighting for victorys ? 

Take away all the boardroom nonsense we’ve got a manager who’s team and players are consistently underperforming, that’s not on the board that’s on clement. Replacing him obviously doesn’t solve all our problems but having a manager who’s capable of organising a team and having players fit and performing consistently and showing fight and hunger would be a start.  He’s been here over a year it’s not going to work he needs removed.  There’s a guy out of contract in November who could give us far more than clement is.

He’s not getting the best out of them 8 games into the league, far from it.

Mixed in Europe, good result in our CL away leg, poor result at Hampden. Great result at Malmo shite result at home to Lyon, fine in the league cup.

Do you have faith in the board to bring in the right man who can replace him?

That bit’s quite important.

For some it's bad but not quite bad enough yet. For a few it's the cost of sacking or that we're not wanting another change mid term or until our infrastructure is sorted 

But no-one seems to rate him. No-one seems to believe he's the man who'll lead us to success.

What a sorry state of affairs.

9 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

For some it's bad but not quite bad enough yet. For a few it's the cost of sacking or that we're not wanting another change mid term or until our infrastructure is sorted 

But no-one seems to rate him. No-one seems to believe he's the man who'll lead us to success.

It’s a damning indictment when the only the reason you are still in a job is because “we can’t keep sacking managers every year” or “we can’t afford to sack him” :sad:

35 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

How much have we actually spent up to now? And too add a bit of balance to the money he’s been given to build a squad take into account the players that left in the summer.

On Cortes, we haven’t spent money on him yet and he’s also out with long term injury. His fee will come out Clement’s next transfer budget if he’s still here.

Just now, NeoGeo7 said:

It’s a damning indictment when the only the reason you are still in a job is because “we can’t keep sacking managers every year” or “we can’t afford to sack him” :sad:

Were you happy Gio got chased out the club?

13 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

It certainly is a sad state of affairs, if only it was only a case of sacking the manager and our on field issues would be sorted out.
I’d be calling for Clement’s head.

35 minutes ago, Real Ranger said:

He’s not getting the best out of them 8 games into the league, far from it.

Mixed in Europe, good result in our CL away leg, poor result at Hampden. Great result at Malmo shite result at home to Lyon, fine in the league cup.

Do you have faith in the board to bring in the right man who can replace him?

That bit’s quite important.

It’s not just 8 games in it’s over a year 

Not particularly but the answer is staring them in the face,  Muscat ticks all the boxes 

24 minutes ago, Real Ranger said:

You make fair points but for me that’s possibly down to the weight of expectations being too much for the level of player we’re now bringing in. Playing for Rangers isn’t only about ability it’s also about having the right mentality.

If he does get sacked his replacement must be given the kind of financial backing Clement hasn’t been given otherwise we’ll be back here this time next year if he makes it that long.

6 of his signings started. Several more came on. The captain most want nowhere near the team started for him again.

Who is responsible for the mentality of those above and the expectations being too weighty for this group of players?

And if it's not his fault that they're not good enough then how will he find a way to succeed given we're not likely to find increased funds for players who can handle it?

14 minutes ago, Real Ranger said:

How much have we actually spent up to now? And too add a bit of balance to the money he’s been given to build a squad take into account the players that left in the summer.

On Cortes, we haven’t spent money on him yet and he’s also out with long term injury. His fee will come out Clement’s next transfer budget if he’s still here.

2 million on Silva

4.5 on Diomande

3.6 on Bajrami

1.5 on Propper

1.5 on Igamane

500 k on Jefte

Barron (tbc)

1.5 million on Cerny

4 million on Cortes (he’s our player the loan is just to circumvent FFP

So he’s had money to spend but yet again we have spent it terribly.

2 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Our player quality is better than about 90% of this league, there is absolutely no excuse for how shite we are. The coaching is wank.

Unreal people are still making excuses the guys had over a year in the job and we’ve seen fuck all progress. He still talks like he’s just started in the job yapping shite about needing time ect he’s a fucking balloon 

Clement and the board are delusional if they think fans are going to put up with the shite on offer, all this nonsense about needing seasons to be competitive, yes it might take a few seasons to get our squad to the tarriers level but there’s absolutely no reason why we can’t build a side to batter the rest of the shite domestically do that and it comes down to the head to heads where anything can happen. 

6 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

Clement and the board are delusional if they think fans are going to put up with the shite on offer, all this nonsense about needing seasons to be competitive, yes it might take a few seasons to get our squad to the tarriers level but there’s absolutely no reason why we can’t build a side to batter the rest of the shite domestically do that and it comes down to the head to heads where anything can happen. 

The board will be noticing the drop off in ticket sales.

10,000 x £50 tickets or 10,000 unsold Europa packages is a massive financial hit.

That will go for hospitality too.

They weren’t daft, they hoped the Spurs glamour tie would have seen ticket and hospitality packages sell.

17 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

It’s not just 8 games in it’s over a year 

Not particularly but the answer is staring them in the face,  Muscat ticks all the boxes 

Out of contract next month so the timing suits if they want to make the change. 

I'm just not convinced they'll make the change anytime soon. This is going to drag on.