A new anthem or lets really get behind an existing one!

Bluepeter9

What about "every other Saturday" song or is it a bit too light hearted for folk!

not the rising anthem imo

I like 'Every Other Saturday' but a good anthem has to be easier to sing than that.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What about "every other Saturday" song or is it a bit too light hearted for folk!

I like 'Every Other Saturday' but a good anthem has to be easier to sing than that.

The words aren't that hard to remember, but the 'me ooooo me ooo me oooooh my' bit is a bit high for some folk!

Rangers and proddies

we are the greatest

people in the world

Celtic are beggars

we fuckin hate them

they are all manky cunts

And i love being here

watching the Rangers

doing the beggars

each and every year

to Waterloo sunset by the Kinks

I just burst out laughing to that, funny as fuck , love it. hahaha :clap:

I don,t suppose for 1 minute that any one will agree with me, but the best way to prick any ass***es self importance is with humour. Remember a few years ago we done the huddle,they done their nuts at that one. They even tried to take out copyright on it and the media had a laugh at them.

My suggestion--- sing YNWA with them. Imagine the confusion that will cause them. They will not want to sing it with us,but if they stop then we can give them a cheer. They can,t run off to UEFA to complain--they big bad Rangers supporters are taking the piss, the media will have a dig at them as well. Hold the scarfes up as they do, if they squeal about the big bad Rangers fans stealing their song,I,m sure somebody will remind them that they stole it first. Show them what a bunch of self important muppets they look like as they take themselves so seriously.

But I suppose my sarcasm whould be too subtle for some.

I think singing the same tune and hold the scarfes up is an excellent idea. Maybe as a one off anyway. That really would be funny and effective..

I hate that Celtic can put up such a great (and if we are honest) moving start to games with their rendition of "You'll never walk alone".

It does NOT matter if the copied it, It does NOT matter if its NOT original - what matters is it looks and sounds great.

Now I used to love signing Hello Hello (Hope I cant get censured for writing this !! LOL) - especially at tic games and European nigths - but that song is gone for good (and I do get why it had to go).

So what now - we have to start something new and get behind it - so what will it be - and how do we get everyone signing it at the start of the games.

If we want to use our scarfes why dont we hold them aloft like the tic (after all they dont have an exclusive on that) if we decide to twirll thats also OK with me - but what shall we sing - HELP!!

I'm with you entirely on this one bud. I can't deny I hate the sound of YNWA, it makes me want to change the channel and I keep telling myself it's shite but the truth of the matter is, it's really fucking effective. All the players and commentators of the world that hear them sing it, admit it's a fantastic atmosphere that it generates and the fans are therefore praised and classed as some of the best in the world. For me members with comments such as the following are merely kidding themselves on:

moving rendition ? you'll never walk alone ? tic once ? tic twice ? scarfes ? you at the fcukin wind up? :sherlock:

YNWA is total dirge man, Derrys walls wipes the floor with it for atmopshere :pipe:

Back to the original point.

So what now - we have to start something new and get behind it - so what will it be - and how do we get everyone signing it at the start of the games.

The only way is getting some sort of blue card initiative started through the supporters clubs such as The Blue Order and the likes. The card placed on all seats the same as the European card display cards are. The card would have to consist of exact instructions to sing when a message appeared on the big screens. And highlighted that ALL fans must join in simultaneously.

YNWA makes me sick, the sight of all they unwashed giro-technicians showing their yellow teeth and black gums that they have used to get off with their sister minutes earlier does not send any sort of tingle up my spine.

(tu)

Somthing new would be good I think. We have a tremendous repetoire of older songs which need to be sung at a higher volume, but I reckon a new "anthem" of some kind would be a catalyst to get people in singing voice to begin with.

The words aren't that hard to remember, but the 'me ooooo me ooo me oooooh my' bit is a bit high for some folk!

The words aren't hard to remember but it's not that flowing as a tune and difficult for a whole stadium to keep in time I think. Agree with the 'me oh my bit'. :)

YNWA makes me sick, the sight of all they unwashed giro-technicians showing their yellow teeth and black gums that they have used to get off with their sister minutes earlier does not send any sort of tingle up my spine.

w0rd for w0rd (tu)

I despise it.

YNWA was originally sang by manchester united fans

First time I'd heard that. I was told it was Fulham fans who first sang it but I suppose we'll never know. It'll always be Liverpool's song though because of Gerry Marsden releasing it.

I don,t suppose for 1 minute that any one will agree with me, but the best way to prick any ass***es self importance is with humour. Remember a few years ago we done the huddle,they done their nuts at that one. They even tried to take out copyright on it and the media had a laugh at them.

My suggestion--- sing YNWA with them. Imagine the confusion that will cause them. They will not want to sing it with us,but if they stop then we can give them a cheer. They can,t run off to UEFA to complain--they big bad Rangers supporters are taking the piss, the media will have a dig at them as well. Hold the scarfes up as they do, if they squeal about the big bad Rangers fans stealing their song,I,m sure somebody will remind them that they stole it first. Show them what a bunch of self important muppets they look like as they take themselves so seriously.

But I suppose my sarcasm whould be too subtle for some.

I love this idea - at least once - it would be so FUNNY !!

I also note there are a lot of bears with their head in the sand - you may not like YNWA but it IS effective. I (like one of the posters) loved signing HH over the european anthem - and as of NOW we have NOT replaced it and WE NEED to replace it - and not with another Protastant song but with a RANGERS song - my problem is:

How do you organise it and what should it be

• 2 weeks later...
I hate that Celtic can put up such a great (and if we are honest) moving start to games with their rendition of "You'll never walk alone".

The only thing it moves me to do is change the channel.

Or hit the 'mute' button :rangers: .