* The Generic Laugh at celtc Thread *

dummiesoot

• Replies 50.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, born a blue nose said:

I think rosenberg will beat them. 

Got a wee thought for that as well babn, they won't sell out tonight, not Champions League, Rosenberg will know better and have played a few more games than the last time, here's hoping. 

1 hour ago, Getstiffed said:

Every year aye? We've had one direct discussion regarding the issue of their finance. A discussion in which you posted their mid year accounts as evidence to back up the claims they were rolling in it. In fact the context of the discussion taking place which we both got involved with was that even if Kings 50 million materialised they could still outspend that as they had it all sitting waiting for just an occasion. My contention was that mid year accounts we're meaningless in that context as the period where this money was supposedly to have been utilized was the summer, after a further 6 months of expenditure on their behalf (all to win a tin pot division I might add). The year end accounts, last year excluded, are not as impressive as claimed and certainly nowhere good enough to justify the belief that they had so much money we couldn't match it short of a Euro millions lottery win.

As for last years financial year accounts they had a bit of fortune with the transfer of Van Duke. Previous years have seen the cash at bank fluctuate marginally but they have never been anywhere close to the numbers insinuated. Even so they had a fair whack sitting, why not spend another 10 or so on a couple centre backs after singing eduard. I mean they can afford after all ?

The only point I've ever made is that yes they are making lots of money from their dominance but that that domination was costing almost as much to maintain and that there was no pot of gold hidden in their boardroom, unless of course it's unreported in which case they are commiting financial fraud by hiding it from companies house. I've been very very clear about that so it's either one of 2 things, either you're struggling with simple English or being intentionally obtuse. 

For future reference it's Getstiffed but I will also accept fuckface. Up to you. 

the key word in their accounts is profit 

profit isn't huge when you look at windfalls from player sales and champions league 

take the tax off and shareholder dividends and they ain't making the multiple millions that folk think 

another year without champions league and they will be down sizing 

20 minutes ago, magic8ball said:

the key word in their accounts is profit 

profit isn't huge when you look at windfalls from player sales and champions league 

take the tax off and shareholder dividends and they ain't making the multiple millions that folk think 

another year without champions league and they will be down sizing 

This is where winning 55 this season would cause the house of cards to come tumbling down.

Archived