Your Thoughts On A New Brox

superally07

Whats ur opinions on the word of a new ibrox.  

199 members have voted

1. 1. What Would You Like?

• The Ibrox of today.
    • The Ibrox of today with slight changed ( corners etc)
    • 3 full new stands, blending in with the main stand brickwork
    • a FULL new stadium.
  2. 2. Are U Happy that we are planning(reportedly) to spend so much on a new stadium?

• Yes
    • No
  3. 3. Do You Think these plans are down to

• SDM Wanting to stay at the club longer
    • SDM Leaving Present
    • Down to a new owner
  4. 4. Would u accept the changin of the name purley for money? ( P.S we would all still call it ibrox anyway)

• Yes
    • No
  5. 5. What capactiy would u like to see?

• 80,000+

I doubt SDM is that daft... He realises that the working class fan is the lifeblood of Rangers FC.

The ticket price may increase in the short term, but I don't see him pricing it anywhere close to Chelsea FC's prices.

Good poll by the way (tu)

3 new stands , bit of modernisation is needed.

I feel we need a big overhaul so the money being spent is reasonable.

I think SDM will leave in the next five to ten years.

I am strongly against the changing of the name 'Ibrox', too much history. I know we would still call it Ibrox but there isn't enough money in the world for me to agree that we change the name of our stadium. People thought The Emirates would still be affectionately known as 'Highbury' but its not. And finally i feel it would be betraying the 66 who lost there lives in the Ibrox Disaster.

70,000 capacity is reasonable , i just hope they don't build too many tiers (Nou Camp-esque but obviously to a lesser extent)

Good poll mate, there is some results that i didnt expect to see, exspecially that the fans would change the name of ibrox for some dosh, i think its a joke.

1. Ibrox with new corners, No, down to a new owner, no never change our name, 70000

The Main Stand is a listed building and one of the most unique and recognisable in the world. I don't want that to change though I'd be happy if it got a "facelift". I don't really feel the same way about the other three stands, they could be changed and I wouldn't care so long as the front remains. I think spending that much on a new stadium isn't really worth it to be honest - I'm sure any accountants can show me otherwise but what are the odds of a return on the investment? That said I want Ibrox to be one of the best so if that's what it costs to be the best then I'll go alongwith it so long as it's economically viable. It seems to be a leaving present from Murray to the new owner, if that makes sense. He's had trouble selling hasn't he? I think this is to tempt people who weren't interested before and had doubts about what upgrades they'd be forced to introduce had they taken over in it's current state. It doesn't matter to me what the official name of the stadium would be it would always be called Ibrox by fans so considering the amount of money you can make out of one of those deals I'd be happy with selling the naming rights. As for capacity well it annoys me Celtic have a larger stadium because it's just about the only argument they can come up with when you tell them how poor theirs really is. If we're to go 70,000+ I'd be delighted.

you missed out the option.....is murray trying to build a new stadium and attract a new kind of 'fan' to Rangers and out price the working class in the process ?

I woldn't think so.

There are far more working class than any other class in Scotland. If he was doing that he wouldn't have any fans at all.

I don't undestand peoples' perceptions that Murray must have an alterior motive instead of just doing thing for the good of Rangers. There is not one thing he has done which isn't for the good of Rangers and yet people will always assume the worst. It defies belief

We could retain Ibrox in the name e.g. the Nike Ibrox Stadium.

The club are looking at various options and these (or part of these) have been leaked to a newspaper early. Let's not get carried away. :)

my thoughts exactly, changing the name doesn't mean losing Ibrox in the name as some people seem to think.

one example is middlesbrough's stadium which was named the BT Cellnet Riverside when it was built but has ALWAYS simply been referred to as the riverside.

if we had the Nike Ibrox Stadium it would still be Ibrox and I would accept that - what i would not accept would be simply the Nike Stadium.

very good and interesting poll (tu)

nice to see most of us agree on keeping the main stand as heart of the stadium and building 3 new stands.....i would never want the name to be changed, but since an operation of this size can't be realised without big time sponsors i could imagine one or two of the new stands named nike or umbro stand....

70,000+ would be great! :bouncy:

everything just speculation though.... <_<

you missed out the option.....is murray trying to build a new stadium and attract a new kind of 'fan' to Rangers and out price the working class in the process ?

I woldn't think so.

There are far more working class than any other class in Scotland. If he was doing that he wouldn't have any fans at all.

I don't undestand peoples' perceptions that Murray must have an alterior motive instead of just doing thing for the good of Rangers. There is not one thing he has done which isn't for the good of Rangers and yet people will always assume the worst. It defies belief

well said steely - well said!

We could retain Ibrox in the name e.g. the Nike Ibrox Stadium.

The club are looking at various options and these (or part of these) have been leaked to a newspaper early. Let's not get carried away. :)

my thoughts exactly, changing the name doesn't mean losing Ibrox in the name as some people seem to think.

one example is middlesbrough's stadium which was named the BT Cellnet Riverside when it was built but has ALWAYS simply been referred to as the riverside.

if we had the Nike Ibrox Stadium it would still be Ibrox and I would accept that - what i would not accept would be simply the Nike Stadium.

...but the old ground was Ayresome Park, and it was at a different location.

At least we'll still be at Ibrox and be able to use that name.