Burkeys run

papaguy51

Great run that he made, but watching last nights game, to me Burky was a bit far to greedy on the ball where constantly aiming for goal on his own where there were clear opportunites where he could have squared the ball.

Burky is a great player, but his greed at times can turn costly.

That particular run he deserved to score a goal with it and in that particular occasion it was probably the best decision to make. Some of the other runs he should have whipped the ball into the centre, because not only could one of our players possibly score but it would have put the defense under pressure and they might have put the ball in their own net.

Either way, I've been very pleased with Burke's commitment, passion and performence since he came back into the team and looks like he will be difficult to replace.

His run from halfway inside the Gers half last night was superb, beating 4 players and just pulling his shot wide.

Was screaming at the telly when it went wide :lol:

It would have been a beauty Papa,but as it flew past the post,I thought "greedy wee basturd." :)

it was a great run but all he had to do was cut it across and it was a easy tap in.

if u had just ran all that way and seen a chance tae shoot im sure u wid hiv so gie him a wee break fs

Have to disagree. Had there been a goal at the end of the 30 passes in the last OF game, you wouldnt have seen the best goal of the season.

You would have seen the greatest goal of ALL TIME.

It showed the best and worse of Burke I think: Brilliant run, but poor decision making at the end. The ball should have been squared for an easy tap in. He really needs to work on his decision making and use of the ball at times...

I think too many people are being harsh, with the work he had done he was entitled to have a shot.

I agree it wouldve been a tap in if he had squared it but I wouldve shot if I had that run.

Yes he was entitled to have a shot, but there was clear room for the ball to be squared for a simple tap in.

Bet if this was an OF game and he had done this, everyone would have been screaming at him for doing it.

Burky is a great player with great speed but he does need tae lift his head a lot more and see where the clear chances are before trying his own luck

It showed the best and worse of Burke I think: Brilliant run, but poor decision making at the end. The ball should have been squared for an easy tap in. He really needs to work on his decision making and use of the ball at times...

My if only we al had the power of hindsight :rolleyes:

But the guy made a screaming run and DESERVED to take the shot on. The opening was there for him and he missed it by a midge's ba' hair. Most people here just want to look for the worst in Burke at all times. It honestly amazes me that most people on here will forever focus on what he doesn't do instead of what he does.

Were you all calling Gazza a greedy bassa when he went on that long run against Aberdeen?? NO no of course not, and why not?? Because he scored.

So you should all ask yourself a question. If Burke had scored would you still have said he should have cut it across for a simple tap in??? The answer is absolutely not.

I think too many people are being harsh, with the work he had done he was entitled to have a shot.

I agree it wouldve been a tap in if he had squared it but I wouldve shot if I had that run.

Yes he was entitled to have a shot, but there was clear room for the ball to be squared for a simple tap in.

Bet if this was an OF game and he had done this, everyone would have been screaming at him for doing it.

Burky is a great player with great speed but he does need tae lift his head a lot more and see where the clear chances are before trying his own luck

Why does he??

He has every right to try his own luck. And like i said previously, if he had scored would you have said what you did??? Not a chance in hell.

Why does he??

He has every right to try his own luck. And like i said previously, if he had scored would you have said what you did??? Not a chance in hell.

If he scored then no I wound not be saying this, but the point is he DIDN'T score when he could have passed the ball which would prob have went in the back of the net.

As I said in my 1st post I think Burky is a great player, but he should start using his head during the game at times aswell and not just his feet

If he scored then no I wound not be saying this, but the point is he DIDN'T score when he could have passed the ball which would prob have went in the back of the net.

That's the thing mate, it probably ould have, but may not have. There were two defenders between the ball and Cousin so it might not even have reached him. If it did reach him, he may have scuffed it up completely. So to say Burke was wrong for having a dig is not fair in my opinion. He has every right to try and score.

The thing is, if he tried to cross it and the defender got it and cleared it, would you be saying good on you mate for trying to cross it, or, FFS why didn't you shoot from there instead of crossing it??

If i had just beaten 4 players and had a chance to score i would have went for it (tu)

Mind you am a greedy b*stard and would shoot no matter what :pipe:

It's not like he was in a bad position or anything, shooting from where he did was perfectly reasonable.

If he'd cut it back to Cousin, by the time big Dan had taken his customary first touch before shooting then the Gretna players would have swarmed him.

I am so proud of him :) he is playing excellent at the moment.. back to his great old self!

To be honest, he does need a haircut and I will be telling him when I see him.. sorry Chris :craphead: haha

I noticed this on Wed night..he'd actually Vaseline'd his fringe so it didn't get in his eyes!

If i had just beaten 4 players and had a chance to score i would have went for it (tu)

Mind you am a greedy b*stard and would shoot no matter what :pipe:

It's not like he was in a bad position or anything, shooting from where he did was perfectly reasonable.

If he'd cut it back to Cousin, by the time big Dan had taken his customary first touch before shooting then the Gretna players would have swarmed him.

thats why cousin scored and won the game for us and burke missed with his attempt. :rolleyes: