Cousin for the off?

Muff

Smith was aggrieved by referee Dougie McDonald's decision to issue a second yellow card to Daniel Cousin quarter of an hour from full-time.

The sending-off could end up being the last act of the Gabon hitman's Ibrox career, with the manager refusing to rule out a move elsewhere before the transfer window shuts.

Whether he stays or goes tomorrow, Cousin certainly played a big part in this afternoon's stunning triumph.

http://www.rangers.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Ne...1380704,00.html

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He did look a handful today, but everybody knew that he could be our best forward. He just isn't interested often enough. He'd be posted missing against teams like st mirren and falkirk, and we'd end up dropping silly points. Take any money offered i'd say.

Ridiculous if we sell him. Our only striker of genuine quality. He made a huge difference up top today. What happens in the next 3 Old Firm games, who leads the line ? Miller, Novo, Boyd, Velicka, Darcheville.........give me strength ! :(

My only hope would be if Lafferty settles in and develops into the player he could be with the tools he's got.

After todays performence he could have earned a move to the likes of Newcastle or Everton rather than Hull olr Fulham. If WS and Super Ally can get his head screwed on he would be a hit for us this season - best forward at the club my miles.

Anyone's hangover starting to kick in yet? My head is banging!

he certainly showed what a good player he can be today, his goal was one of the best individual goals i have seen us score against celtic for a long time. The red card might put a few teams off although it was harsh imo and not as offputting as his sending off in the uefa semi final. He really is a frustrating player. He has pace, strength, dribbling ability, decent in the air, one hell of a powerful shot etc. He has pretty much everything you would want from a striker but he just doesnt seem interested half the time and if he was i'm sure he would score more goals. I dont honestly think he will go, maybe in january after playing a few more games for us teams might be interested again.

goes to show he's head and shoulders the best striker we have at the club, he proved that today. you think super Boyd could have done what he done to score that goal ? NO CHANCE

shame the way things have worked out over him. after the 3 games I've saw Boyd play this season he's garbage. I now see what management haven't been able to trust, a poor first touch, lazy positioning, no pace and needlessly and persistently offside.

i hope Cousin, JCD stay and Boyd goes instead now, totally changed my opinion.

I said to my dad before the game even started that Daniel Cousin playing today was mainly trying to put him in the shop window......and partially because he caused merry havoc in the first Old Firm game at the San Giro last season.

I think we should keep Cousin, he can do real damage on his day and I don't see why some people are being so negative about our strikeforce. Boyd is a proven goalscorer, Miller has so much potential, Cousin showed what he can do today, Velicka scored goals for fun in the SPL for Hearts and so far has scored once in two starts in the SPL, Lafferty has looked good and JCD has something to prove. Cmon Gers fans lets support our strikers. What we need Walter to do tommorrow is to sell Brahim Hemdani and bring in another centre back just in case Weir or Bougherra gets injured. :rangers::rangers:

If we just sell Cousin and bring in no-one else (or a CB) then the only player we have who *might* provide the same qualities is Lafferty and it's very early to judge him.

OTOH, the argument that he'll only do that in a few games is valid.

Ideally, I'd like us to sell Cousin, JCD and Boyd and use the money to bring in a quality front man. That would leave us with Lafferty, Miller, Velicka, Novo and the new guy which would be plenty.

I thin that the whole problem is that Cousin himself wants to go ... he was always using us a stepping stone, admitted it himself during the Fulham transfer debacle.

When he wants to play he is one of the best strikers at the club, the big worry is that he only plays when he feels like it.

We need a striker who is consistent.

it might actually be possible that Cousin has looked at his options and isnt getting the kind of deal he would want and has decided to knuckle down and wait to get a better offer in january! We might actually get 4 months of effort out of Cousin before he moves south in january for a far greater fee than we will get at the moment!

I thought him starting today was confirmation he was staying, don't see why he'd start a player who'd be leaving on Monday.

Did well, inclusion was certainly justified but again he goes and spoils it by getting sent off.

I took it that Walter rates him higher or doesn't rate the other strikers capable of doing a job against better opposition.

I also took it as a possible shop window plan for Walter to get him shifted.

I really like Cousin as a player.

I think he has everything a modern-day striker needs: technical skill, physical power, pace.

I'd be very pleased if Rangers take serious steps to ensure he remains a happy, committed Ranger. Very pleased.

As if it needs said -- that first goal was incredible.

Tigers move for Cousin

Tigers wait on Gers decision on striker

Hull are hoping to sign Rangers striker Daniel Cousin in a deadline day move, skysports.com understands.

The Tigers have made their move for Cousin following his impressive showing in Sunday's Old Firm derby win over Celtic.

The powerful forward scored a superb solo goal before later being sent off for a second bookable offence.

Hull boss Phil Brown is keen to bolster his attack before the transfer window slams shut and he is hoping to push through a deal for Cousin.

Cousin has been expected to leave Rangers all summer after falling out of favour before his surprise inclusion in the side against Celtic.

Rangers are now weighing up whether or not to sell Cousin following his return to form at the weekend.

Cousin's agent, Willie McKay, confirmed Hull are interested and that it all depends on Rangers.

"Hull have expressed an interest in Cousin and we are now waiting to hear from Rangers to see what they want to do with him," McKay told skysports.com.

Sourced from skysports.com

After his performance on sunday plus the sending off but taking into account all his performances (good/bad) from last season, does he deserve another season with us??