"The Famine Song" Debate Continues.

MayboleLoyal_atb

Why doesn,t someone more experienced than me organize a petition to get Flower of Scotland banned. It will not achieve anything other than to bring this whole mess to a head.

If that is the only way to lance this boil, then I say, lets go for it.

Lets turn the whole debate into the laughing stock it should have been in the first place.

I will certainly vote for it. I am willing to swear on my parents graves that, as a British citizen from

Northern Ireland, I find Flower of Scotland deeply offensive. :rolleyes:

Personally I think it's plain daft to suggest that FoS should be banned (not directed at you CYCLOPS).

It should be banned for the simple reason that it's a shit song, not because it mentions the line that is mentioned in this article.

I can go along with that.

Rangers last night vowed to ban yob Walls for life.

:no: shameful.

Why do you say that, because of the harshness of the ban or because he is being banned?

I would say he was meaning because he is being banned.

Yes, so would I but the reason I asked him was because I'm not sure. I think he should be banned with his record but life is OTT IMO.

Why do you say that, because of the harshness of the ban or because he is being banned?

Yes, so would I but the reason I asked him was because I'm not sure. I think he should be banned with his record but life is OTT IMO.

I don't know the other stuff he is involved in, I hope though that he hasn't just been banned for singing the famines over.

I don't know the other stuff he is involved in, I hope though that he hasn't just been banned for singing the famines over.

He was given the opportunity to stop but carried on and was running up and down the aisles. He also has previous for football related offences and for a racially aggravated offence. Personally I think he should be banned but I think 5 years would be plenty. He should at least be given the chance to mature before he is banned for life after offending again.

that was it (tu)

that was it (tu)

The guy had a long line of convictions much like Timmy who ran onto the park and got them in trouble. What do you want the club to do? Ignore his behaviour until he runs on the pitch and lands us with a £50k fine ?

According to earlier reports the guy is already banned from Ibrox (though maybe not for life) plus Parkhead and Hampden! While he is obviously a balloon (at best) it is wrong that he seems to have had the sectarian/racist tag added to his offence based on stuff he didn't sing and the Gers crowd don't sing i.e. the so-called "full version" of the song that has been put on the internet by some eejit.

According to earlier reports the guy is already banned from Ibrox (though maybe not for life) plus Parkhead and Hampden! While he is obviously a balloon (at best) it is wrong that he seems to have had the sectarian/racist tag added to his offence based on stuff he didn't sing and the Gers crowd don't sing i.e. the so-called "full version" of the song that has been put on the internet by some eejit.

I think that would possibly be struck down, in an appeal to a Higher Court, it seems to be truly perverse.

But from the sounds of it this guy might not be our best 'champion'.....

An RST spokesman said: “We don’t regard it as sectarian or racist.”

If only Murray and his muppets followed suit and poured some sense into this nonsensical garbage!

I've stayed in London and when i worked at a place that had plenty of Australians, and they kept on saying how good Australia was a Cockney guy asked SO WHY DON'T YOU GO HOME?

IT'S A LOGICAL QUESTION BARING IN MIND THE AMOUNT OF THESE PEOPLE WAXING LYRICAL ABOUT IRELAND! My Granny was a very religious RC and came from the South of Ireland and my Grandda was an Orangeman. I once asked her why she never talked about Ireland (as i like a good old story) and she looked at me with Disgust "IF I HAD OWT GOOD TO SAY ABOUT THE PLACE I WOULD..."

IT'S A GOOD QUESTION - THEY SHOULD TRY AND ANSWER IT RATHER THAN CONTINUALLY GOING ON THE OFFENSIVE!!! :pipe:

that was it (tu)

The guy had a long line of convictions much like Timmy who ran onto the park and got them in trouble. What do you want the club to do? Ignore his behaviour until he runs on the pitch and lands us with a £50k fine ?

Didn't know anything of the stuff he did previous. I just thought he was banned for singing the lines "The famine's over, why don't you go home"

that was it (tu)

Didn't know anything of the stuff he did previous. I just thought he was banned for singing the lines "The famine's over, why don't you go home"