Poor Management

Muff

Why does Walter Smith continually put out a side that lowers ourselves to the level of the opposition?

Why does he alter his tactics and personnel to suit the opposition - surely he should be putting out a side to beat the opposition and not in a way that plays straight into their way of playing. Teams should be changing their tactics to compete with the way we play.

Sorry but this is yet another example of poor management from Smith, McCoist and McDowall - £30m odd spent and we have to lower ourselves to the likes of St. Mirren, Hearts and Dundee United - utter bullsh*t.

Did Guardiola drop his top dogs yesterday knowing that there were in for a rough time - did he fcuk.

I don't get him. Spends £2m on Edu, and never plays him. Signs one of the most promising young Spaniards. Has clocked up just over 10 minutes thus far.

And then it's like he doesn't see sense until months after everyone else has. Could he not see that Adam was nothing more than a fat bastard last season? And it's only now he decides to sell him...

Did he not give Adam a five year contract? Now wants him gone? Weird.

He gave Boyd a 5 year contract and then would not play him until recently.

He bought Edu, Aaron, Velicka, and does not play them.

Whittaker, Adam, McCulloch, JCD, Webster, Daily, Beasley also are not really good enough.

Thats 10 players off the top of my head wasted plus playing Ferguson when not fit and ignoring youngsters.

Think it's too early to criticize Edu now. Let's be fair on the boy, moving to a new country away from his family is rough at the best of times, and none the more so when you have a job with thousands of backseat drivers. I think he'll excel here once he gets a run in the team (tu)

No-one is criticising Edu, it's Walter Smith we are getting at. We didn't need Edu, he's never going to get a game, we have enough central midfielders. That money should have gone towards a 1st team regular for a position that needed filled - like RB, CB, LB, RM/W, LM/W. For that reason, £2.7m has been wasted on Edu.

Think it's too early to criticize Edu now. Let's be fair on the boy, moving to a new country away from his family is rough at the best of times, and none the more so when you have a job with thousands of backseat drivers. I think he'll excel here once he gets a run in the team (tu)

No-one is criticising Edu, it's Walter Smith we are getting at. We didn't need Edu, he's never going to get a game, we have enough central midfielders. That money should have gone towards a 1st team regular for a position that needed filled - like RB, CB, LB, RM/W, LM/W. For that reason, £2.7m has been wasted on Edu.

It was crazy to pay that amount of money on a guy who has played 1 season in a pretty poor standard league.

Edu may have talent, who knows? To pay that amount of money without seeing him play was just plain stupid. We would not have paid that for someone who had a seasons experience for Dundee or St Johnstone, would we, then again I do not understand what Walter sees in some players and why the club continually pays over the odds for mediocrity.

The £2.7m spent on Edu was a complete and utter waste of money.

Edu was quoted last week as saying he has been taken by surprise at the pace and ferocity of even reserve fitba and has not yet fully adjusted.

If he thinks that himself - then Smith is right not to pick him.

Edu was quoted last week as saying he has been taken by surprise at the pace and ferocity of even reserve fitba and has not yet fully adjusted.

You seem to be forgetting that Walter SIGNED Edu for £2.7 miliion

If that is the case he should be loaned out to a scottish first division club to see if he can hack it in that league.

Imagine Clyde being able to field a £2.7 million player.

It's when we play good football for 30 mins and dominate, then for some unknown reason switch to constant aimless long balls.

Truly bizarre management.

Ive never been a WS fan. His tactics during 9IAR werent great either. remember the way we were playing before wee dick, and the difference when he took over?

For me he was up against no threat whatsoever in the SPL apart from a couple of times with Tommy Burns mhank side.

I juts couldnt beleive it when Big Lee waqs picked, I really thought that we had seen the end of him. I just cant see WS changing or managing to get rid of some of the dross at our club.

He never said anything of the like, at least not what I read

'I've found the SPL to be a lot more physical than both,' he said. 'Though I haven't been involved in too many games yet, you can see the level of intensity everyone competes with.

'The number of challenges and tackles are increased and every game is truly a battle.

'Even in training, it is more physical and a battle as everyone is competing for a spot on the pitch.'

he doesnt say he hasnt settled or is failing to adjust but thats probably the question he was asked and thats the response he has given, unless of course this is another interview you are talking about

He never said anything of the like, at least not what I read

'I've found the SPL to be a lot more physical than both,' he said. 'Though I haven't been involved in too many games yet, you can see the level of intensity everyone competes with.

'The number of challenges and tackles are increased and every game is truly a battle.

'Even in training, it is more physical and a battle as everyone is competing for a spot on the pitch.'

he doesnt say he hasnt settled or is failing to adjust but thats probably the question he was asked and thats the response he has given, unless of course this is another interview you are talking about

It was in last weeks sun - along with the snippet you posted. Edu said he hadn't fully adjusted yet - not me.

In contrast to Strachan, WS has little confidence in his wide attacking players and his teams general offensive approach. Strachan usually plays his best players in terms of flair regardless of opposition and 3 titles in a row suggest theres method in that.

If Walter concentrated more on what we could potentially do to our opponents instead of what they may do to us then i think we'd be having more success particulary away from home.

Classic example was against Dundee utd- if i were the UTD right back i would much rather see M'culloch lining up against me as i know he's never gonna go past me and is generally very easy to assess and predict- the most logical alternative was to put Niguez on the left thus giving the whole of the UTD defence a major headache and potential real threat due to his youth, hunger, pace and ability. Further more he is very much an unknown quantity to the opposition and they wouldnt know what to expect, thus immediately giving us an edge.

What a waste Walter.

And, what has that got to do with it? I really dont understand

Spending money on the likes of Edu, Thomson, Naismith, Lafferty and having long term players is not bad business, its very sensible.

Paying money for the likes of JCD, McCulloch etc, is less so, however, Given their careers, I find it quite unexpected that they have been as poor as they have been. Granted, never world beaters, but, LM especially, jesus, he spent years in the EPL, and, now cant cope against Killie and the likes? Regardless of personal views on him, that shouldnt have happened. In that case, smith signed an experienced premier league player, an international, who understood the Scottish game. Thats a sound buy, and, not really his fault LM forgot how to kick a ball

Spending money on the likes of Edu, Thomson, Naismith, Lafferty and having long term players is not bad business, its very sensible.

Paying money for the likes of JCD, McCulloch etc, is less so, however, Given their careers, I find it quite unexpected that they have been as poor as they have been. Granted, never world beaters, but, LM especially, jesus, he spent years in the EPL, and, now cant cope against Killie and the likes? Regardless of personal views on him, that shouldnt have happened. In that case, smith signed an experienced premier league player, an international, who understood the Scottish game. Thats a sound buy, and, not really his fault LM forgot how to kick a ball

it is but we really need to see them featuring more in the team

It's when we play good football for 30 mins and dominate, then for some unknown reason switch to constant aimless long balls.

Truly bizarre management.

I agree with the first line, totally mate. We look like a good side, perhaps the bst in the league when we get the ball down and play it, even with the likes of Adam in the side!

However...

So, is it the management saying "go long ball" or, do the player ignore the tactics and panic, and play that way?

Bear in mind all those who say Ferguson tells them what to do ;)

But, then again, in that situation, Barry then gets bypassed

hmmm?

I think its confidence issues, and, part of the blame lies with the fans too. We are too quick to jump on any little mistake, and, we dont sing and cheer the team on, unless we are winning comfortably, we sit on our hands, moan, and shout at players. Must give our opponents one hell of a lift.

Spending £2.7million on a player should be 1st team starter.

Thats the point Outlaw (tu)

Ok, we did, McCulloch, happy?

£2.7 million is not a lot of money, in the grand scheme of things, epecially for a long term player. I dont see why it should make them a starter.

Example, we sign a player like, I dunno, Lampard (meant to be a bear haha), on a bosman, or, some of the other great Bosmans around that guys like Muff and DBBTB know about, yeah? on a free, we should play Edu OVER them? Of course not

£2.7 million is not a lot of money, in the grand scheme of things, epecially for a long term player. I dont see why it should make them a starter.

Example, we sign a player like, I dunno, Lampard (meant to be a bear haha), on a bosman, or, some of the other great Bosmans around that guys like Muff and DBBTB know about, yeah? on a free, we should play Edu OVER them? Of course not

Your missing the point or trying to twist it.

Sorry in this era £2.7million is a lot of money!. LBH he will not get ahead of Ferguson, Mendes, Davis or Thomson.

As for McCulloch we spent too much on him, but he did do a job for us last year and scored some important goals in europe.

If you add Edu and Velicka transfer value + wages your looking at £5million that were just :piss:

Is it the players fault, no it's the Managers fault for buying them :P

Your missing the point or trying to twist it.

Sorry in this era £2.7million is a lot of money!. LBH he will not get ahead of Ferguson, Mendes, Davis or Thomson.

As for McCulloch we spent too much on him, but he did do a job for us last year and scored some important goals in europe.

If you add Edu and Velicka transfer value + wages your looking at £5million that were just :piss:

Is it the players fault, no it's the Managers fault for buying them :P

Nah, I just disagree that Edu was a poor buy, or a def starter, same with Naismith and Lafferty. Good business sense to me

I don't get him. Spends £2m on Edu, and never plays him. Signs one of the most promising young Spaniards. Has clocked up just over 10 minutes thus far.

And then it's like he doesn't see sense until months after everyone else has. Could he not see that Adam was nothing more than a fat bastard last season? And it's only now he decides to sell him...

Did he not give Adam a five year contract? Now wants him gone? Weird.

He gave Boyd a 5 year contract and then would not play him until recently.

He bought Edu, Aaron, Velicka, and does not play them.

Whittaker, Adam, McCulloch, JCD, Webster, Daily, Beasley also are not really good enough.

Thats 10 players off the top of my head wasted plus playing Ferguson when not fit and ignoring youngsters.

Re-sign the player and therefore make certain of a fee. We always complain when we give players away, or pay them off ;)

Thats just my take on it of course