Naismith

nvager

Aye totally agree with you pal. Naisy looked good in the first half on the wing, but was shattered in the second half. Naisy and Boyd would be a good partnership imo. Miller needs to keep it simple, work hard and set up Boyd, it was bursting my tits when he was fannying about doing all these fancy back heels, and back heel flicks.

Aye totally agree with you pal. Naisy looked good in the first half on the wing, but was shattered in the second half. Naisy and Boyd would be a good partnership imo. Miller needs to keep it simple, work hard and set up Boyd, it was bursting my tits when he was fannying about doing all these fancy back heels, and back heel flicks.

Yeah he done my head in with those shitty back heel/flicks. Got lucky with the goal as well when he was trying to be fancy

That's why nvager has suggested we use left footed player, but iirc Aaron is predominatly right footed but can use his left foot. I've always thought Beasley should be our out and out left winger, if he just gets a bit more physical and into the game, he would be a fb player.

I thought Miller was cronic tonight,should,ve been subbed at halftime..............Novo done tons more when he came on. Naismith will get better then longer the season goes, but our final ball was shocking if it had been better we would,ve scored more.

Also theres no way we can afford to let McGregor or the boggyman leave, far to valuable to this Rangers team.

Totally agree. So frustrating when we have a number of proper LMs who don't get any opportunity to play there!

Typical Smith playing players out of positio.

Miller's drop of form is a demonstration of players being allowed to be lx in their displays as there is no fear of being dropped - despite us having abotu a dozen strikers

His first half performance was probably the best we've had at left mid all season. I agree that he should be used as a striker, but until aaron gets a chance, naisy is probably our best option on the left

I'm with rfc_no1fan on this one in that I don't want to see Fleck on the left of midfield. Playing just off a striker seems like a really natural position for him.

It was, however, good to get someone on the left of midfield who can run with the ball and get past players. His distribution was poor but we'll let him off seeing as it's first game back and the pitch was hard.

He did well tonight, showed a bit of initiative and pace, so I fully expect him to be nowhere near the squad for the next 4-5 games.

Agree about him being played as a striker, although I suppose we could do worse than to give him a chance on the right wing.

Naismith---Davis---Mendes---Beasley

Looks about ten times better than what we had tonight IMO.

He looked much better there than Lafferty. He may have to cut in onto his right foot but at least he does it quickly instead of stopping dead and trying to pysch out the defenders as Lafferty does. Naismith can actually beat players, I've very rarely seen Lafferty beating anyone this season.

I honestly don't get this whole obsession with Aaron. He's had as many poor games for the reserves as good games and he's only a player on loan. I think Beasley should get a consistent run in the team before he does. Then again after his dismal performance in the first couple of games some people on here were calling for Beasley's head so there's just no pleasing some people.

Why not go for a midfield and strike force like this

Aaron-Davis-Mendes-Beasley

....Naismith---Boyd

Pace ,invention and goals

Our problem is at the back, i think Sasa is playing poor just now and broadfoot thinks he's Cafu.....and he's rank.

Why not go for a midfield and strike force like this

Aaron-Davis-Mendes-Beasley

....Naismith---Boyd

Pace ,invention and goals

Our problem is at the back, i think Sasa is playing poor just now and broadfoot thinks he's Cafu.....and he's rank.

Thats not a bad shout, still unsure about DMB tho, am beginning to think he is an american Burke, without the ability to beat a man

I thought Naismith actually did pretty well last night and the showed the most aptitude for playing left mid out of the people we've played there so far this season, showed abit of pace and willingness to take people on, constantly looking for the ball, beat his man on more than a few occasions and handled getting hoofed off Rutkiewizc? well. The only thing that let him down was his touch and crossing a few times, but it was his first game in over 6 months, this will return with a run in the team.

I would still prefer to see him as a striker though, preferably given a run up front with Boyd.

I don't think Lafferty scores enough goals to be considered in attack. I seem to remember Burnley had that issue with him and started playing him at Left Midfield. He doesn't look particularly comfortable there and we have got a problem fitting him into the side. I thought he was a strange purchase especially at the price although he does have age on his side. I thought Naisy coped very well last night and believe he is our best option on the left although i would prefer to see him playing in behind Boyd.

To be fair to Walter this is where he always played Naismith and we raved about him before he was injured I think were all just picking on Smiths tactics now, However I do agree Naisy and Laff if played should be upfront was good to see him back great wee player and other teams hate to play against him!

As for Fleck the 5 minutes I seen of him it was mouth watering great vision and inch perfect passes in the box I just hope we see more of him this season last 15 minutes or so!!

I know I will get flak for this but I think we need a bit of caution and realism regarding Naismith.

He has been out for 8 months and has to be eased in.

When he played for Killie he always disappeared from the game for long stretches or played in short bursts.

Last season he was pretty inconsistent and before his injury the debate was how he needed time to settle into a far bigger stage than he was used to playing.

To suggest that he should immediately slot into the role that Miller should be playing; the hard working, pressing, non stop work house is completely unrealistic.

He has to be allowed to get his match fitness up and then be given a specific role, preferably a free role off the striker to let him flourish. He will never be a Miller mark 2 (thank goodness) and he is not an answer to the left midfield problem.

I know I will get flak for this but I think we need a bit of caution and realism regarding Naismith.

He has been out for 8 months and has to be eased in.

When he played for Killie he always disappeared from the game for long stretches or played in short bursts.

Last season he was pretty inconsistent and before his injury the debate was how he needed time to settle into a far bigger stage than he was used to playing.

To suggest that he should immediately slot into the role that Miller should be playing; the hard working, pressing, non stop work house is completely unrealistic.

He has to be allowed to get his match fitness up and then be given a specific role, preferably a free role off the striker to let him flourish. He will never be a Miller mark 2 (thank goodness) and he is not an answer to the left midfield problem.

All great points Doc.

I felt that there was a sharpness in Steven's performance that we see all too rarely these days , especially during the first half of the game. Considering his relatively brief recovery period from a cruciate injury , I find this all the more encouraging.

Lets hope he is given something of a run in the side so that he will get a chance to build on this early promise. He looks to have shed a bit of weight and arguably looks in better nick than he was pre-injury.

I have to admit I prefer Naismith up front but he can do a job on the wing, and as far as him going missing ever now and then, he is still young and like most young players probably thrives on confidence, I liken his form to that of Wayne Rooney, when he is on he is a joy to watch, when he is a bit off he still works hard for the team to do a job. I'm just glad he's back, one of my fav's!

Cheers