Best Euro Away Trip.............

Smirkey1963

Only been to one Final last year in Manchester but seeing we never won its not my fav Bratislavia was good , cheap good beer but i would have to say Lyon 2008 or Porto scoring in last min to get a point was Awsome and being in the away end going mental seeing the offical Rangers end going mad will live with me forever.

I went to Stuttgart, freezin as hell but was a great couple of days.

Remember in the stadium a guy about 3 rows in front of us with no shirt on and Big Tatoos all over shouting at the germans across from him lol

The crowd were immense, even videoed the Charlie Adma goal and celebration, dropped my camera in the excitment lol

Shame we lost :anguish:

I've only been on 10 euro trips but KPLfishtank, Steakbake, Tannochsidebear, and manti I'm sure will have some good stories to tell.

My favourite trip is either Stuttgart or Bremen.

There was 17 of us that went on the KPL bus to Stuttgart so it was a right good laugh and a great trip except the score.

Bremen was a great trip as we stayed in Amsterdam the night before and we qualified to the next round of the Uefa cup.

Best result has to be Fiorentina, it was a great trip and the result was amazing.

One of the best was when we beat PSV Eindhoven way back in the late 70's. The older bears will remember it well. Bobby Russell and Co. I think this was the fist time they lost in Europe at their own ground.

Have been to Germany several times & Norway watching the Gers great times....

not been to that many but my favourite is either AZ away, although we got beat was my first away trip and we ended up diverted to France and had 9 people in our 5 seater car from Paris to Amsterdam, the whole trip was just awesome. Porto away was really good and am sure we drew? McCormack or Lovenkrands scored, not 100% sure but was really good there too, and Barcelona was also good although the actual game wasn't as was in the home support so not much singing and we didn't get much of the ball or have much to get excited about.

for the whole trip haka in finland was great

it wa 1 of them 20 hours to get there but the people were so friendly

results wise the nights in lyon(two days after my mate died suddenly)

and also the night in florence for the achievment of what the whole of scotland kept telling us we couldnt do

I have only been on 2 and thats to Barcelona and Manchester!

Barcelona was amazing had a ticket in their end, Rangers fans everywhere in the ground. The official supporters singing for 90minutes non-stop was awesome :541:

If i remember rightly it was an estimated 20,000 Rangers supporters in the ground that night the biggest ever recorded away support for a Champions league game and there was thousands of bears packed in pubs near the ground to was an awesome sight :):scot::uk:

Dortmund in '96, never been as cold in my life, Gazza got sent off but we got a draw and I remember the Dortmund fans went mental when we, almost to a man did aircraft impression to the Dambusters theme, f'in brilliant.

:mutley:

:clap: superb night but feckin freezin!!

marseille was immense as well!!

Tel Aviv - best by miles

I think that was my favourite trip, for the holiday rather than the footie though.

For a good time and a great result it has to be Florence, I even popped into the vatican to get Papa to bless the bears on the way:

vatican.jpg

I think anyone that would have went on any or our european trips would have came home delighted, we had some fantastic performances and/or results and if they werent, the location would have been just as pleasing

I cant say much though as I only went to Manchester and it doesnt really count, but I would have loved to have been sitting in the crowd, away to Lyon, milking up a 3-0 win over an elite european team