Ally on the board, paulo Sergio as manager

Dennis

For a start, p Sergio shouldnt even been getting mentioned anywhere near rangers.

Ally is the man for us, this is all down to players attitude once on the park, they feel like there's no need for urgency as they're convinced the goals will come in these away games.

At ibrox they know the crowd won't allow time for this patient approach.

We will be fine, still very early days.

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why didn't you say he had been a lower league boss in Portugal first? If Its anbout experience I say srachan or jimmy calderwood.

Does it matter where it was? He was still a manager. Ally would be a completely different manager had he been in a job elsewhere before Rangers, even in the lower leagues. It is not all about experience no, but that is important of course, especially at a club like ours.

Does it matter where it was? He was still a manager. Ally would be a completely different manager had he been in a job elsewhere before Rangers, even in the lower leagues. It is not all about experience no, but that is important of course, especially at a club like ours.

Of course it matters where it is. I used to manage a works team. Should thatve put me ahead of mccoist when smith retired?

Of course it matters where it is. I used to manage a works team. Should thatve put me ahead of mccoist when smith retired?

No one is saying experience is the indicator of standard of manager. You are certainly more experienced in managing your own team. Whether it would put you ahead of Ally, there are many more factors to be considered.

The knee jerk reactions of so many fans these days (with so many clubs) is absolutely ridiculous, ludicrous and profoundly idiotic. Get a grip of yourselves, look down, see if you still have a pair and man the fuck up.

So many people cut & chop Bill Struth quotes yet they don't actually pay attention to the important parts. Everyone's chopping down the "we welcome the chase" part like right glory hunting band wagon bandits with actually understanding the underlying theme to the message.

"Our very success, gained you will agree by skill, will draw more people than ever to see it. And that will benefit many more clubs than Rangers. Let the others come after us. We welcome the chase. It is healthy for us. We will never hide from it. Never fear, inevitably we shall have our years of failure, and when they arrive, we must reveal tolerance and sanity. No matter the days of anxiety that come our way, we shall emerge stronger because of the trials to be overcome. That has been the philosophy of the Rangers since the days of the gallant pioneers."

"Paulo Sergio"... Pfffft get the fuck outta here.

Excellent fucking post.

Those words should be placed in every thread, if not across the top of the site.

John Greig was given 5 years, but his Club wasn't playing in Division three.

18 months should be his tenure if we haven't improved markedly by the turn of the year.

He's living on borrowed time..... rallying calls wont save him if he doesn't pull his socks up.

Odds are evenly balanced on whether he'll survive into January.

I genuinely want to see him do well, but he seems incapable of learning from his mistakes.

you sound as if your a bit excited by the thought of seeing Ally getting sacked :pipe:

Is this the flip side of the belief that we would win every game 5 – 0 because we have drawn 3 away home games it is a catastrophic failure.

We have a squad that are still bedding in (full time or not it takes time), every team in our league views a nothing each draw as a victory. Before a ball was kicked I expected us to lose at least 1 game away from home and for the team to struggle up to Christmas. I still think this is the case and it is no reflection on the manager but acceptance that humans take a lot longer to react to massive change. We would like it all up in running and working perfectly, instantly or in a very short time, that is not reality.

All managers are judged on results and I think that at the end of the season is the time to judge. I see a season of contrasts and a bit of a rollercoaster ride but we could not have this amount of change without a lasting effect that we need to work through.