Jason Holt.

Clemdog

Thought he was terrific today, a close call for MOTM between him and Ball.

From my recollection that was the first time he completed 90 minutes for us, and I certainly think that was down to a niggling injury he was carrying. His performances had slightly ran away from him before the break, but he was back to his early Season form today.

He always finds small pockets of space, can release a deft little pass, rarely loses the ball and his defensive work is very underrated. Not to mention an obvious plus point, that he proved today, finishing.

Not the biggest of players in stature, but certainly important.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thought he was terrific today, a close call for MOTM between him and Ball.

From my recollection that was the first time he completed 90 minutes for us, and I certainly think that was down to a niggling injury he was carrying. His performances had slightly ran away from him before the break, but he was back to his early Season form today.

He always finds small pockets of space, can release a deft little pass, rarely loses the ball and his defensive work is very underrated. Not to mention an obvious plus point, that he proved today, finishing.

Not the biggest of players in stature, but certainly important.

it summed his game up when he went charging into a challenge in the last minute winning the ball and then laying it off for Oduwa's run down the wing. everybody else was waiting for a tackle to be made but he went and won the ball.

not a chance he was teribble in the first half didn't contribute a thing.

He was much better in the 2nd half and it was excellent movement for the goal but let's not pretend he had an amazing game, he has a bad habit of drifting out of the game when we aren't on top and I think unless he starts to adapt his game and get on the ball a bit more he won't be anywhere near as good against better opposition next year, he has the potential but he also has a lot of work to do to be a starting Rangers CM in the top division.

I'm not convinced by this guy. I worry he's too lightweight and the fans down south often criticised him for that. We wont find out the true worth of these guys until next season. He is of course, more than good enoug hours for this level just like every other player we have.