*****Official Rangers v Falkirk match thread*****

Tiger Shaw

Was transported back to last year today.two totally ineffective midfielders who let us down so often .bin both of them Mark they are fuckin hopeless .Law and Shields are the kind of players who get managers sacked they suss out if their opponents are up for it ,and they cut their cloth accordingly.thank fuck for Andy Halliday and Jason Holt.

5 hours ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Winning a game with a header.  Forget the stats, something like 91 goals since MW joiNed and only 4 or 5 headers.

Think that says more about the quality or lack thereof in our cross balls.  We seem to put up too many floaters which are simple to defend and murder to attack.

Still three points and the three subs had a positive impact when they came on.

Dunno what game you were at, but Zelalem had a mare.

Great chance to make his name and yet another powderpuff shot that the keeper went down in instalments for.

No guts, no glory, as they say.

But well done to Billy for a cracking winner - showed the residents how to head a ball, as well!

25 minutes ago, HG5 said:

Great chance to make his name and yet another powderpuff shot that the keeper went down in instalments for.

But well done to Billy for a cracking winner - showed the residents how to head a ball, as well!

Not meaning to be disrespectful but Zelalem made a very positive contributing hen he came on.  Yes as I stated earlier he should have battered ht ball, but other than tht his work rate, distribution and movement were excellent.

1 hour ago, Marky. said:

Anyone know what happened with Kiernan in the end?

Supposedly incidents with him during the game led up to the angry kind of scuffle after the game?

I think Sibbald groped the big man's arse while trying to get out of his pocket at the end of the match.

:uk:

2 hours ago, HG5 said:

One missed chance fer fuck sake it's hardly a nightmare performance.

Thought Zelalem was ok but there's no chance he'll ever make it at Arsenal. The fact he was marginally better than Shiels and Law doesn't say much as the pair of them were fucking dire. Thought they'd played well this season before this match. 

Yesterday showed me how close we are to being at risk of throwing the league away if we get a couple injuries. Imagine playing with that midfield and no Kenny Miller or Waghorn for the remainder of the season.

10 hours ago, ronniemca said:

Was transported back to last year today.two totally ineffective midfielders who let us down so often .bin both of them Mark they are fuckin hopeless .Law and Shields are the kind of players who get managers sacked they suss out if their opponents are up for it ,and they cut their cloth accordingly.thank fuck for Andy Halliday and Jason Holt.

Law is the same as always. Does well in a team playing well, offers nothing when we struggle.

I'd thought we should offer him a new deal, but the likes of Law, Shiels, Templeton, Bell can all go. Bits of yesterday were a throwback to the dark days under Ally. 

Can see why our first target this window was a DCM. 

1 minute ago, graeme_4 said:

Law is the same as always. Does well in a team playing well, offers nothing when we struggle.

I'd thought we should offer him a new deal, but the likes of Law, Shiels, Templeton, Bell can all go. Bits of yesterday were a throwback to the dark days under Ally. 

Can see why our first target this window was a DCM. 

I'd be very surprised if any of the players you mentioned are still with us next season.Extension deals for Halliday and Holt, the 2 new boys coming in the summer and whoever else comes in should be telling law and shiels their time is up.

Too many yesterday were off the boil.  

Wilson is an accident waiting to happen, he dallies on the ball constantly waiting to play a long pass forward.

Ball done ok but he looked out of sorts and passing was poor.

Law never got involved.

Shiels was a joke, lost the ball on a number of occasions and passing was terrible! How he was the last man to be taken off I'll never know.

Miller struggled.

Waghorn never got going.

Im not zelalem biggest fan but people saying he was terrible yesterday are lying he only had 11 mins to make any impact but was more involved than law and shiels were, yes his piss poor effort on goal was embarrassing but he done ok for the limited time he was on.

For me our brightest player seemed to be king when he came on, always tried to go forward and was looking to go in behind when he could.

We desperately need to get a striker in before the window closes coz games like that yesterday were too close for comfort.

8 hours ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Not meaning to be disrespectful but Zelalem made a very positive contributing hen he came on.  Yes as I stated earlier he should have battered ht ball, but other than tht his work rate, distribution and movement were excellent.

We'll have to agree to disagree there.

Anything which might have been OK took place in areas which didn't hurt them, as far as I could see.

5 hours ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

One missed chance fer fuck sake it's hardly a nightmare performance.

It was a sitter, which might have cost us.

And it was one of what is becoming a string of similar efforts.

I don't believe the lad has the desire to make it happen.

Got to laugh at some peoples comments regarding Zelalem. He's actually already been fast-tracked through the USA international set up. Unless things go off track, I'm certain it's expected he will actually be one of the USA's first team's key players in the 2018 World Cup which is part of the reason he has been fast-tracked. English Championship clubs were also trying to sign him on loan, and if he didn't come here then he would be playing at that level developing this season. I agree he should have blasted that shot but no-one will know that better than him, I have seen him hit a drilled blasted shot before which was saved & also one blasted over the bar so people making out like he can't shoot have took those claims too far. 

I couldn't care less about him being fast tracked by anyone or whether he's been tipped to be a wonderkid, as it stands he's came to us with a big reputation and I can understand that some fans like the way he goes about playing football but there is noway anyone can tell me that so far this has been a successful loan.  He plays for arsenal and should be standing out more than he does, I understand that finishing is not his strong point but he should be the one that dictates the play and he doesn't and I'm not buying this "he's only 19 pish". Jack grealish is about the same age and he looks more of a prospect than zelalem.

31 minutes ago, Ross-Gazza genius said:

I couldn't care less about him being fast tracked by anyone or whether he's been tipped to be a wonderkid, as it stands he's came to us with a big reputation and I can understand that some fans like the way he goes about playing football but there is noway anyone can tell me that so far this has been a successful loan.  He plays for arsenal and should be standing out more than he does, I understand that finishing is not his strong point but he should be the one that dictates the play and he doesn't and I'm not buying this "he's only 19 pish". Jack grealish is about the same age and he looks more of a prospect than zelalem.

That's pish, so because he plays for a certain team he needs to be better than anybody?

Zelalem is rank rotten and he proved that once again yesterday. He missed an absolute sitter, attempting to pass it in rather than just smashing it, as usual. Was rather annoying at first, now it's just embarrassing for a professional footballer. He'll never make it at Arsenal, or in the Premier League for that matter. If you think otherwise you obviously don't know a player when you see one.

Waghorn looks half the player without Holt as they link up well and create space for each other. Waghorn did take a heavy challenge early on and he limped about for a few minutes

This game shows we need investment not millions but enough to let Warburton do an effective job, we need to get the two midfielders(crooks&windass) in this window as they are badly needed..

I am going to paste the MOTD highlights of Zelalem in his threads in a couple years, i'll say by 2019 he'll be an Arsenal squad player at least.

Anyone who says Zelalem is poor, MW already basically admitted between the lines in an interview that he is too good to sign permanently & that's why we loaned him. 

Bringing Zelalem here is a godsend, to say to our youngsters right this is one of the EPL's most highly rated youngsters, you must be better than that if you want to play for us.