*****Official Rangers v Falkirk match thread*****

Tiger Shaw

1 minute ago, Prso's headband said:

Bar his blocks Wilson was poor. Millers touch has improved so much over the course of the season. Hes still adding to his game at this stage in his career.

Dom Ball cleaned up well and Kiernan again was infront of everything and assured on the ball. Glad we won because that club and their fans are horrible.

We scored and two tiny little boys broke through two 20st stewards squared up to the rangers fan on the other side( thats all he done after running his mouth for 89minutes). Must admit the body slam the steward gave him was a classic. Police nowhere to be seen as usual. 3 of their players shoudlve been booked for kicking the ball away. Be glad to see the back of these cunts.

Everyone says Wilson is poor. I don't think so mate. Today was the only time I have noticed him lose the ball so easily, to be honest bar that, even today, his passing was good too. His passing is usually precise and incisive like Michael Carrick.

Unreal that was, well in King Billy !

We really were piss poor though, sorely missed Holt and probably halliday as well. That said though Fakirk are an absolute cunt to play against. They've looked better than Hibs whenever we've played them - they aren't, but they're more awkward for us than Hibs. 

Huge for us that was. Looking at the fixtures, assuming max points in February, we're in a position to realistically wrap it up in March.

Just now, RangersMind said:

Everyone says Wilson is poor. I don't think so mate. Today was the only time I have noticed him lose the ball so easily, to be honest bar that, even today, his passing was good too. His passing is usually precise and incisive like Michael Carrick.

I've backed him to the hilt as am sure many will tell you on this forum! Bar his blocks his passing was poor and that wee cunt Baird stuck to him all game cause he knew a break of the ball he was away from him in about two strides. I like him as well I think hes good but he needs to drop the casual attitude to have any chance of being in this team this time next season.

Not good enough. A welcome 3 points but that's 2 games in a row we have not played that well, and that's after when we thought we got over our last slump. Could easily have dropped points today and let Hivs back in it. 

Be good to have Holt and Halliday back. 

I think that is one of the poorest performances under MW i have seen. We missed Holt and Halliday today, big time. I'm not sure what our problem was to be honest. We were passing it out, not passing it hard enough, lacked confidence to go past players. Strange, but at least we got the 3 points. Surprised the Falkirk fans rushed us after the goal. Anyone see that one fan that broke the barrier and was then body slammed by a steward? :lol:

13 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Bar his blocks Wilson was poor. Millers touch has improved so much over the course of the season. Hes still adding to his game at this stage in his career.

Dom Ball cleaned up well and Kiernan again was infront of everything and assured on the ball. Glad we won because that club and their fans are horrible.

We scored and two tiny little boys broke through two 20st stewards squared up to the rangers fan on the other side( thats all he done after running his mouth for 89minutes). Must admit the body slam the steward gave him was a classic. Police nowhere to be seen as usual. 3 of their players shoudlve been booked for kicking the ball away. Be glad to see the back of these cunts.

Does my head in when the opposition run across to goad our fans. You wonder what the fuck our security boss is thinking as we can easily run an advertisement banner down the chairs at the corner just like the one running down the side at our fans. A cheap solution and we will probably make money if it's an advertisement. 

image.jpeg

A particular criticism that I would have about the team today was the number of times we seem to leave the six lard box vacated whenever a cross went in. There were some fine balls going in that went through that gap and if someone had been there we may scored a goal or more from those.

Winning a game with a header.  Forget the stats, something like 91 goals since MW joiNed and only 4 or 5 headers.

Think that says more about the quality or lack thereof in our cross balls.  We seem to put up too many floaters which are simple to defend and murder to attack.

Still three points and the three subs had a positive impact when they came on.

I'm also happy to get the 3 pts today after such a shitty performance.

I'm hoping for a better performance on Tuesday, but it's all about getting the 3pts really.

I don't like these evening games, especially in crap wee grounds that probably feel even colder than they are due to the surroundings.

6 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Winning a game with a header.  Forget the stats, something like 91 goals since MW joiNed and only 4 or 5 headers.

Think that says more about the quality or lack thereof in our cross balls.  We seem to put up too many floaters which are simple to defend and murder to attack.

Still three points and the three subs had a positive impact when they came on.

King billy wis saying that it's the second header he's scored in his whole career 

31 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

A particular criticism that I would have about the team today was the number of times we seem to leave the six lard box vacated whenever a cross went in. There were some fine balls going in that went through that gap and if someone had been there we may scored a goal or more from those.

Mark will have the forward line butter up on this next week and things should be OK going forward

Don't think I've seen Rangers play with such a young midfield as the trio that ended the game for us.  Considering we also had two wingers on the park, there was also a distinct lack of physicality in the team in that period.  I have to admire MW for trusting in our younger players, and opting for skill before brawn, at the crunch time in such a key game.   Don't think too many of our previous managers would have done it.

We might live on the knife edge at times, and we may well come a cropper in certain games, but MW philosophy on the game is a breath of fresh air IMO.

Love a last minute winner especially against a falkirk team that really only came to play for a draw...We certainly looked light and weaker in midfield without Halliday and Holt is a genuine talent that any attacking team would miss..The Falkirk keeper kicking the ball out twice down towards the Govan like he was looking for a Rugby Union line out (time wasting bawbag)..GIRFUY..Houston and a whole load of mhanky haters will be beelin that BILLY KING becomes an Instant Hero..  YASSS..Get him signed up Rangers..

Think that's the first time we've played with neither Halliday nor Holt starting and it showed in our forward movement. We were frustrating.overall. A magic goal from King Billy was a superb ending to a good game in which Falkirk made it difficult for us and played quite well at times

Wasn't a great performance today and you would have struggled to find a credible man of the match but we got there in the end and no thanks to Falkirk s tried and failed tactic of wasting as much time as possible.Funny how their keeper found a bit more spring in his step after they conceded the goal. Think it was pretty obvious today how much we missed Holt and Halliday.

We were rotten today, just shows that with two guys missing our squad aint that strong, but Mr King promised to overspend in Januaty so i have to believe we will strenghthen our squad before the window shuts. Were still extremly wastefull with corners, offering very little threat. well done King Billy , great goal, 3 vital points despite the performance.

Great result,poor performance,Wilson made a great block in the second half but is a piss poor defender

Kiernan was excellent so was big fod,ball was lost in the midfield(not his fault),shiels offers absolutely

nothing to the team,,well done King Billy