Wallace

I was sitting in the front row of SJF2 tonight and tired myself out just watching Lee Wallace. His work rate is absolutely phenomenal, right up until the final whistle. He's a very encouraging and commanding captain also, something we perhaps don't see a lot on TV. Took his goal well tonight too. Well in Waldo :praise:

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, BF2 said:

I was sitting in the front row of SJF2 tonight and tired myself out just watching Lee Wallace. His work rate is absolutely phenomenal, right up until the final whistle. He's a very encouraging and commanding captain also, something we perhaps don't see a lot on TV. Took his goal well tonight too. Well in Waldo :praise:

Makes sure he walks up to each stand to clap the fans as well. What a guy.

1 minute ago, bluenoz said:

Looked more like his early season performances tonight. Loved his little words of encouragement to young Burt when he came on. Seems a lot more comfortable in his captain role as the months go on.

Gave Billy King a lot of encouragement down the left hand side too. They linked well together tonight.

13 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Looked more like his early season performances tonight. Loved his little words of encouragement to young Burt when he came on. Seems a lot more comfortable in his captain role as the months go on.

11 minutes ago, BF2 said:

Gave Billy King a lot of encouragement down the left hand side too. They linked well together tonight.

He's always been like this (could see him doing it all the time if you kept an eye on him) but for some reason people never used to see it and complained that he wasn't captain material. Glad he's finally getting the credit for it. 

He done a lot of running tonight but I need to criticise him for trying a fancy flick then he lost the ball. I think a few players before him also done the same and I thought for a period they were starting to get a little complacent. To me a captain shouIdnt have been encouraging this. We don't want this is in our locker and hopefully it won't happen against Dundee.

Never said a bad word about him as I have always liked him. And respect for staying with us when he could have jumped ship. His runs down the wing draw a defender out so player with ball can cut inside or pass to Wallace. Glad he scored a goal tonight, thanks to King. Hope this continues for the foreseeable future. 

4 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

He done a lot of running tonight but I need to criticise him for trying a fancy flick then he lost the ball. I think a few players before him also done the same and I thought for a period they were starting to get a little complacent. To me a captain shouIdnt have been encouraging this. We don't want this is in our locker and hopefully it won't happen against Dundee.

Ach, come on, man. The players started to enjoy themselves for a bit. Nowt wrong with that from time to time.

2 hours ago, Bad Robot said:

We'll have none of that 'Fancy Dan' stuff here!

Trying to entertain the fans?  The fucking bastards that they are! How dare they!

7 hours ago, Inigo said:

Ach, come on, man. The players started to enjoy themselves for a bit. Nowt wrong with that from time to time.

I just never wanted any slip ups as getting those points last night with a rotated team meant our focus was really rightly on Dundee.