Peterhead boss looking to make history

OceanRain

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

RFC v Peterhead .. big team with a much bigger spending power than than thier opposition, playing in a higher league, against better opposition. Everyone expects them to be beaten but anything can happen in a one off game  

Now, what other game does that apply to?

2 minutes ago, Ace said:

RFC v Peterhead .. big team with a much bigger spending power than than thier opposition, playing in a higher league, against better opposition. Everyone expects them to be beaten but anything can happen in a one off game  

Now, what other game does that apply to?

Chelsea V Bradford?

4 hours ago, Gaz52 said:

I noticed their fans on the Facebook event page calling us sevco and how it's ridiculous sevco haven't won this cup yet etc

I also remember after we beat them 1-0, their manager out saying Rangers fans were embarrassing for celebrating the way they did as it was only 1-0. 

I hope we pump them about 7-0

It is utterly ridiculous, good words by Jim

3 hours ago, bombaybadboy08 said:

I started off reading that thinking "Fair play" then felt he was being a bit of a dick.

If we do take our eye of the ball these guys will beat us, that's not in doubt.

We need to be first to every tackle, if they are thinking about not getting injured for the game against the tims then we won't win it.

Hopefully we take around 7 off them though as he's a bitter prick.

Guy's a wanker.

11 against 11, they will be totally up for it so nothing is certain,  we had 26 attempts at goal on Tuesday and only 1 went in, Dumbarton had one attempt.  For all of our dominance I was glad when the final whistle came.  Peterhead will get a chance and may take it, if we take most of our 20+ chances we will walk it, if not it could be nerve jangling.  If I was to predict the score I would go for 4-1.

4 hours ago, TheMotor said:

He's just doing his job.

They need some hope. They're going to be intimidated by the size of the stadium, the size of the crowd, the size of the pitch and the size of Rob Kiernan.

Then they'll take a pumping.

Crowd size probably but not so sure about being intimidated by the stadium and pitch, they've played Queens there a good few times including this season.

We absolutely should be favourites but we shouldn't be taking them lightly!

His team will be up for it and have nothing to lose as they are expected to get trounced.

Its really up to our players to treat it like a proper cup final and not just a training session.

We dont want a repeat of raith rovers and a karaoke at the end of it.

1 hour ago, chris182 said:

Crowd size probably but not so sure about being intimidated by the stadium and pitch, they've played Queens there a good few times including this season.

We are 1/12 v 20/1 

13 hours ago, OceanRain said:

I know zero about Peterhead's manager, but I respect him from what he said. I'll shed a silent tear for him at the final whistle. His boys will play their hearts out, but IT'S RANGERS YOU'RE PLAYING! 

Hard lines, old chap, better luck next time.

13 hours ago, Rfc52 said:

Wee bit of mind games and fair play to him 

I don't think it's mind games, he's just talking from his heart. It won't be the end of the world if they win; I'll actually be happy for him and his boys if they do win - it might be the biggest night of their lives. But I've been a Ranger's man for nearly 50 years, and I'll applaud his efforts when his captain and team collect their runner's up medals. I don't hate people just because they don't play for us, I reserve that hatred for Saville's boys. But even then, I shouldn't hate the mentally fucked up, but I do.

9 hours ago, chris182 said:

We'll move them around a lot more on that big pitch and they should be knackered by 60 mins. Longer it goes the more our fitness should count.

Never liked McInally when he played for Dun Hivs as he was their spoiler, not a lot of talent. Typical dour, miserable Jim Mclean type of player but fair enough comments especially on the tv interview.

5 hours ago, The Tavernator said:

I don't think it's mind games, he's just talking from his heart.

Why else shoot your mouth off in public?  Saying that...I think all this 'mind games' shit we've been hearing about in recent years is overstated bollocks, a media fantasy.  I sceptical that the these so called 'mind games' have had any significant effect on football matches.