Over 33,000 Season Tickets Renewed - A Club Record [Now Over 42,000 Sold]

Is there actually a rule to how much away allocation we need to give them?

What's to stop a club saying no away fans and pack it with all home supporters? I'm assuming there is something and it obviously won't happen just wondering what the rules were. We could easily pack Ibrox on an OF game ourselves so why do the away fans get such a big allocation compared to other fans?

7 hours ago, Broxi said:

Thinking about buying a ST next season, but I'm a student and barely scraped through money wise this year. How much would a ST cost for somewhere like the club deck? Rangers don't do student discounts do they? I know someone who is a Celtic ST holder and he just renewed his for like £170 for a student ticket

They are only doing that as they have so many Students that are studying tax law 

1 minute ago, Broxi said:

What's to stop a club saying no away fans and pack it with all home supporters? I'm assuming there is something and it obviously won't happen just wondering what the rules were. We could easily pack Ibrox on an OF game ourselves so why do the away fans get such a big allocation compared to other fans?

We should appreciate that we would get zilch in return for the Breeze Block Boulevard . Septic don't need an extra 7.1K Gers fans for only 2 games per season. That only equates to around £600K per season, so not really make or break. 

3 minutes ago, mabawsa said:

We should appreciate that we would get zilch in return for the Breeze Block Boulevard . Septic don't need an extra 7.1K Gers fans for only 2 games per season. That only equates to around £600K per season, so not really make or break. 

12 minutes ago, Broxi said:

Yes, most likely the tit for tat aspect. Plus, the Broomloan is a natural segregation area. I imagine tv has something to do with it too. Lets be honest, old firm games arent exactly packing the tv audiences in because of the high quality football on show. It's the blood and snotters the viewers wish to see, with just the hint of a threat of a riot. I mean riot in the widest possible sense. For all the tut tutting over the hatred between the teams the hatred is also it's selling point.

8 hours ago, Broxi said:

Thinking about buying a ST next season, but I'm a student and barely scraped through money wise this year. How much would a ST cost for somewhere like the club deck? Rangers don't do student discounts do they? I know someone who is a Celtic ST holder and he just renewed his for like £170 for a student ticket

How old are you mate?

2 hours ago, andyhrfc said:

It's not so much giving them 7500 that gripes me it is the fact they they only give us 7500 in return, as a percentage of capacity we should be getting nearer 9000.

I've mentioned this before on the site.

And find it remarkable that the board and supporters have ignored this for so long.

And as for season tickets...after the briliant football served up last season, we owe it to Mark and our club to max the ST out.

An increase of 5,000 tickets alone puts 2,000,000 quid into the coffers. And just think what Warbs could do with that after what he did last year with tuppence h'appny.

7 hours ago, Broxi said:

19 but I'll be 20 start of August, around the start of the season. How come?

Probably asking because you get a discount if you're 16-18.

Zebra finance do a 10 month instalment plan if that would be any use to you? 

1 hour ago, mus said:

I had to laugh the other day, on SSN hearts saying they had sold nearly 7000 st and were all proud of themselves!

well they are a diddy club what do you expect? 

____

25,000 is a good start! hope we surpass 40,000 by the end of the season. i renewed my ticket as soon as i could. 

11 hours ago, Broxi said:

19 but I'll be 20 start of August, around the start of the season. How come?

Ah, never mind then. I was going to say if you're under 18 get one in govan rear as you're classed as a juv till 18 so you'd pay like £135 or something. 

20 hours ago, Copland bear said:

Sell the broomloan also if we can and give the mhanky mob under the screens like any other away support.

Put bears first the ones that watched Stirling Albion, Alloa etc to keep the club alive, not supporters who wanted us dead from boardroom to supporter.  

Aye then we get the same at the Piggery and the struggle for tickets begins and the atmosphere dies.  No thanks.

9 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

Anyone know what the numbers were this time last year ?

Over 21,000 on the 1st of July last year, so already ahead of that with another month to go.(tu)

25 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

Nice one, but I'm think you meant June ?

Couldn't find a figure for May/June last year so the figure i gave was from the Rangers website on 01/07/15 (tu)

23 hours ago, mabawsa said:

Totally agree with the "I ain't watching Rangers in the lower leagues but will come back when the good times return" punter. That's a fan and I can understand that. Those of us that stayed around, took the hostility, the insults, the pain.... can look in the mirror and know we didn't desert in the time of need. Yes, it was hard at times , the ridicule , some of the results, but we never walked away. 

I welcome those that return. They can help push us on but they should remember those that stayed in the trenches to get us to this day. 

dd2646280789b276751372b85270cc11.gif