Quietest I've ever seen Ibrox

BEE

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

These 3 wee League Cup games we have played at home have brought in around 86K in total attendances that equates to > £1M revenues when catering is accounted for.Games not on ST so good for the fans to turn up in great numbers. 

11 hours ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

I enjoy these these type of games.  Cheap tickets, good seats, almost a full strength team, few goals, nice evening.  I was at the Stranraer game too.  Better than sitting at home watching it on a dodgy stream (tu)

2.jpg

You must have been sitting on my knee, I was gr4 aa 118

3 hours ago, Camshy said:

You obviously havent been going during the last 4 years. I have been to every home game and a number of cup games have had significantly less than that.......one in particular against Barry Fergusons Clyde, only the front of each stand was open and around 7-8000 were at the game.

Last nights was a healthy crowd, must have been around 22-24000 mark

Missed about 6 games home and away the last 5 years, read the whole thread before diving in - OP was made an hour prior to kick off.

Just now, BEE said:

Missed about 6 games home and away the last 5 years, read the whole thread before diving in - OP was made an hour prior to kick off.

Rangers fans are always lastminute.com though, even on Saturday 15,000 must have entered between 2.45 and kick off.

1 minute ago, pcbear said:

Rangers fans are always lastminute.com though, even on Saturday 15,000 must have entered between 2.45 and kick off.

It was really weird, much quieter outside than Annan a few weeks back. Walking home there was only about 7-8 cars parked on Broomloan Road and no tailbacks, never seen that.

1 hour ago, CF2 WINNIE said:

Seeing that Clyde game mentioned never seen Ibrox like that and hope to never do so again by fuck ghost town wasn't the word. Was pleasantly Impressed by the crowd last night as looked quiet outside before KO

Aye that Clyde game where we put 7 past them was about 12k at max.

1 hour ago, BEE said:

Premature Peter

17 hours ago, BEE said:

Absolute disgrace, game after our first game back in the top league and this could be the smallest attendance we've had for years. Support is absolutely riddled with plastics.

You must have not been at the RR cup game last season or the season before there was hardly a soul there.

1 hour ago, Smile said:

You must have not been at the RR cup game last season or the season before there was hardly a soul there.

1 minute ago, bluenose244 said:

Bit of an overreaction I think, 25-26k is respectable for a Tuesday night against Peterhead. 

No one ever gets in to these cup competitions till the later stages, in my experience it's always been this way.

Read thread, not just OP.

3 hours ago, mabawsa said:

These 3 wee League Cup games we have played at home have brought in around 86K in total attendances that equates to > £1M revenues when catering is accounted for.Games not on ST so good for the fans to turn up in great numbers. 

Mind we only get about 60% of the gate though.

13 hours ago, Jakes Pal said:

A wee bit OTT given that not everyone who was not at the game was not there through choice.

I was at every game domestic and the vast majority of games European until my Old Man fell ill. I look after him now full time. Sometimes attendance at the game is not an option.

Yeah, it probably was. The things drink does to yae. :D

7 hours ago, BEE said:

Let me get this right, your telling me to read the whole thread before "diving in"........mmm who started this thread again.

Pot, kettle......!!!!!

19 hours ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

I enjoy these these type of games.  Cheap tickets, good seats, almost a full strength team, few goals, nice evening.  I was at the Stranraer game too.  Better than sitting at home watching it on a dodgy stream (tu)

2.jpg

Agreed. You weren't actually too far away from me btw, could've gave you a wave. 

Also, stupid thread. 

10 hours ago, Camshy said:

You obviously havent been going during the last 4 years. I have been to every home game and a number of cup games have had significantly less than that.......one in particular against Barry Fergusons Clyde, only the front of each stand was open and around 7-8000 were at the game.

Last nights was a healthy crowd, must have been around 22-24000 mark

I don't believe a word of your mince for some reason