Why Jordan Rossiter is fast becoming our star summer signing

The Dude

I saw him in the England U19 game on tv a few weeks ago and was impressed by the fact that he always made himself available for a pass and always put a tackle in.

Some on here - can't remember how many and who - said he would be too negative for our style of play or something like that. This was before he kicked a ball for us.

Wonder if they have changed their opinion, hold their hands up and admit to jumping the gun, or stand by their original thoughts... 

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Ryju84 said:

I saw him in the England U19 game on tv a few weeks ago and was impressed by the fact that he always made himself available for a pass and always put a tackle in.

Some on here - can't remember how many and who - said he would be too negative for our style of play or something like that. This was before he kicked a ball for us.

Wonder if they have changed their opinion, hold their hands up and admit to jumping the gun, or stand by their original thoughts... 

A don't remember anyone that said that,everybody well on here was over the moon when he signed 

12 minutes ago, Ryju84 said:

We just want to know will he adapt?.......

He's a cracking wee player and has his head screwed on, fights for any ball that is in his zone and can spot a pass when needed. Yeah he will leave at some point but I will just enjoy the time the lad is with us, will be a great wee player for however many years he has with us.

Edit: Positional wise he knows where he needs to be and when, great attribute to have, him and Joey are going to get on just great I feel.

4 hours ago, The Dude said:

Shorts pulled up to his armpits; shirt tucked in; plain black boots, sensible haircut. Jordan Rossiter is a throwback to what footballers once looked like. The 19-year-old Scouser made another impressive appearance in light blue against Peterhead in Tuesday night's League Cup win over Peterhead, adding to an ever-growing list. Although his signing was overshadowed by those of Niko Kranjcar and Joey Barton there is a serious case for it being the best piece of business conducted by Rangers over the summer.

READ MORE: http://www.shoot.co.uk/why-jordan-rossiter-is-fast-becoming-rangers-best-summer-signing/

Would like to see him paired with Holt. 

4 hours ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Love the wee man already. 

He has the attitude, aggression, composure and ability to be a really good player for club and country.

Can see him making an impact similar to Barry Ferguson.

Great bit of business to get him to ibrox.

I said on Tuesday he reminds me a lot of Ferguson. Future captain material. 

Not seen much of him but looks like he has a bright future. His attitude looks excellent as well. I noticed in one of the league cup games he cut out a pass but didn't control it and it went out and he was absolutely raging with himself. The interception was impressive alone.

We need to remember though that he is young and too many games at that age can have an impact on long term fitness. I think Mr Warbuton should and will prob use him sparingly to keep him fresh for the big games when he'll come into his own.

Just now, HG5 said:

More a case of can the team fit round him!

Going into the season I kinda expected that the midfielders would all be split into groups depending on which of the three roles they fitted best and rotating throughout the season to try get as much game time for everyone as possible and allow the younger guys to continue their development (or cover for injury). I thought it would look a bit like this (some will be in twice):

CDM - Barton, Rossiter, Halliday, Crooks,

Box to box CM - Holt, Windass, Halliday,

Creative CM - Kranjcar, Forrester, Windass

Now though I find it difficult to start without him, even if it means moving others to accommodate him. (like moving Niko out wide to put a "runner" in the middle of the park beside Barton). If he's anywhere as good as we all think he is it won't be long before he's a first pick for Warburton too.

3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Going into the season I kinda expected that the midfielders would all be split into groups depending on which of the three roles they fitted best and rotating throughout the season to try get as much game time for everyone as possible and allow the younger guys to continue their development (or cover for injury). I thought it would look a bit like this (some will be in twice):

CDM - Barton, Rossiter, Halliday, Crooks,

Box to box CM - Holt, Windass, Halliday,

Creative CM - Kranjcar, Forrester, Windass

Now though I find it difficult to start without him, even if it means moving others to accommodate him. (like moving Niko out wide to put a "runner" in the middle of the park beside Barton). If he's anywhere as good as we all think he is it won't be long before he's a first pick for Warburton too.

Only seen a bit of him so far, but I think we should be seeing plenty of him from now on.

He's one of those that just 'looks the part'.

I suspect other contenders fitness (or lack of) may get him more game time than MW would have initially expected.

Just now, HG5 said:

Only seen a bit of him so far, but I think we should be seeing plenty of him from now on.

He's one of those that just 'looks the part'.

I suspect other contenders fitness (or lack of) may get him more game time than MW would have initially expected.

I thought the same about Jordan Thompson last night at the 20s game. A few things never quite came off for him but he looked every part the Man U kid. Rossiter is the same, everything about him tells you he's been well brought up in the game. Never looks  particularly flustered, very clever in the way he shields the ball when in possession and uses his body fantastically when going into a challenge. Assuming he gets lots of game time he's going to go a long way. He's got that physical aspect that Zelalem doesn't have yet but technically I don't think there's all that much between them. Only a shame we never had Rossiter on loan last season instead.

4 hours ago, gazza27 said:

A don't remember anyone that said that,everybody well on here was over the moon when he signed 

It was a topic started a few weeks ago by yermaw145 called 'can Rossiter adapt' or something like that. Pretty much everyone else on the forum panned the OP for it.

9 minutes ago, Juniorsparkie said:

Please just let the laddie bed himself in and hopefully flourish, no point in heaping more pressure on a youngster.

If a blog by a punter that's made more money writing about the game than playing the game heaps pressure on him then an Old Firm will destroy him.

I thought before the season started that he would have limited game time at first and play second fiddle to joey before maybe playing more after new year when injuries and suspensions bite . After seeing his first few games I believe he can make a place in the starting line up his own , though I'm inclined to think MW might rotate the midfield 3 quite a bit this season and jordan , joey & matt crooks will all see spells in the sitting midfield role . Not sure if the boy can play further forward , but he certainly has an eye for a pass as the balls for tav and mo'h in the first half the other night showed . Certainly looks a shrewd piece of business and hopefully he does really well and other players in the same boat see us as a good career option .

4 minutes ago, Juniorsparkie said:

Please just let the laddie bed himself in and hopefully flourish, no point in heaping more pressure on a youngster.

He has plenty of experienced players round about him to help him cope with the pressure, although one of the AM or a wide man would have to make way for him to be a permanent fixture, assuming Barton keeps his place. I would of thought a AM who can also play wide would fit the bill(Forrester), then do you play two strikers or a wide man and one striker?.

6 hours ago, The Dude said:

I thought the same about Jordan Thompson last night at the 20s game. A few things never quite came off for him but he looked every part the Man U kid. Rossiter is the same, everything about him tells you he's been well brought up in the game. Never looks  particularly flustered, very clever in the way he shields the ball when in possession and uses his body fantastically when going into a challenge. Assuming he gets lots of game time he's going to go a long way. He's got that physical aspect that Zelalem doesn't have yet but technically I don't think there's all that much between them. Only a shame we never had Rossiter on loan last season instead.

If we had Rossiter on loan last season he would most probably have been a stand out, alerting plenty of suitors to his ability and we would not have been in the position to sign him permanently.

So that non loan done us a favour.

Reading the Liverpool forums after we signed him some posters described his abilities to a T, most were predicting big things and were gutted he left.

I said all summer I thought Rossiter would be shadowing Barton and Nico this season and come into the fold next season. 

Hence the reason I ain't a manager:lol:

Deserves to start tomorrow and will be vital in games like tomorrow where it is expected to be a bit of a slugfest with Rossiter letting the opposition know hes there and protecting the defence