***Official Kilmarnock vs Rangers Match Thread ***

RFCRobertson

2 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

I wouldn't drop him, but he really struggled against Motherwell. Part of the crowd really got on his back, and while he wasn't hiding he was completely afraid to take his man on or take a creative 'risk'.

Was much better in the second half, and then got hooked.

Part of the 'problem' with success is you got people signing up for tickets or season books who aren't 'regulars' who've been through thick and thin - they're very quick to get angry when things don't go well. More 'fans' than 'supporters' - not an issue, and happy to have them, but there's a marked difference in reaction IMO. Tough for inexperienced players. 

He did struggle but still opened up their defence in the first-half.  Of course, as you say, the better you do the higher the expectations and I think many are expecting a lot from McKay in every game.  

4 hours ago, Corky True Legend said:

Ffs. If they can't take a bit of criticism they shouldn't be playing for Rangers. When the terraces were packed, the players had a lot more to put up wiyh yhan they get now. Just ask John Greig; he got his fair share of it.

Like it or not, McKay's confidence was drained by some of the reaction he received last week. 

Young talented player, been outstanding for a full season and has a bad 45 minute spell and thousands jump down his throat every touch he has that isn't Messi like. 

1 hour ago, graeme_4 said:

Like it or not, McKay's confidence was drained by some of the reaction he received last week. 

Young talented player, been outstanding for a full season and has a bad 45 minute spell and thousands jump down his throat every touch he has that isn't Messi like. 

That's the way its always been though. Players need to be able to handle the fans getting on their back.

1 hour ago, cushynumber said:

I remember the cup game last year against this mob wasnt on the telly and loads were watching it on periscope. That was a good night.

There was more people watching our game on periscope than there was at the Edinburgh derby the same night :lol::uk: 

I missed out on a ticket for the game because our bus got stuck in traffic on the M77 and then my phone ran out of battery when I eventually got there so couldn't call the guy. Felt like a wanker. But I managed to pick up a ticket over there thankfully, missed the first 15 mins of the game, the first 2 goals and the poster on here who was selling me the ticket was a genuine good guy about the situation (tu)

Had a wee look in on a Killie forum. They're raging because we've sold out both stands allocated to us and Bears are buying tickets for the home end :lol::lol: 

http://www.killiefc.com/forum/index.php?/topic/1159-hunbelievable/

37 minutes ago, Gaz52 said:

I missed out on a ticket for the game because our bus got stuck in traffic on the M77 and then my phone ran out of battery when I eventually got there so couldn't call the guy. Felt like a wanker. But I managed to pick up a ticket over there thankfully, missed the first 15 mins of the game, the first 2 goals and the poster on here who was selling me the ticket was a genuine good guy about the situation (tu)

That was me gaz,  sometimes shit happens,  at least you got in m8.

Can't wait for kick off, real chance to make a statement tonight. Really hoping the defence starts to up their game at the prospect of increased competition.

Also hoping Garner gets the nod tonight and bags a couple before starting off the new craze...

WellinformedBlaringBudgie.gif

6 minutes ago, BF2 said:

Had a wee look in on a Killie forum. They're raging because we've sold out both stands allocated to us and Bears are buying tickets for the home end :lol::lol: 

There only there to see the Rangers anyway

22 minutes ago, BF2 said:

I must say I was quite taken aback by how well they spoke about us in that thread. A welcome change from the rabid hatred I'm used to seeing from the rest of Scotland.

5 minutes ago, tina-duncan said:

I must say I was quite taken aback by how well they spoke about us in that thread. A welcome change from the rabid hatred I'm used to seeing from the rest of Scotland.

Most of them yes. Whoever started the thread is obviously a bitter cunt.