***Official Kilmarnock vs Rangers Match Thread ***

RFCRobertson

Just now, RFCRobertson said:

O'halloran deserves a start imo. He'd do a good job at tiring out the opposition and it'd likely give him a boost. 

Barrie a pretty much guaranteed starter. Forrester I'd be hesitant to play in all honesty, he looks prone to injury and the artificial pitch could exacerbate that. Sub off Halliday for Kranjcar to offer some late game creativity especially if Killie are committing 10 men behind the ball. 

You have a point about Forrester, however I think the manager knows he will always offer something, which makes it very difficult to leave him out. On second thoughts maybe Kranjcar will be a sub. I wouldn't start Halliday, I think he has lost much of the composure that he had last season; I'm not sure why that is, but maybe some time on the bench might be a good thing for him.

2 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

You have a point about Forrester, however I think the manager knows he will always offer something, which makes it very difficult to leave him out. On second thoughts maybe Kranjcar will be a sub. I wouldn't start Halliday, I think he has lost much of the composure that he had last season; I'm not sure why that is, but maybe some time on the bench might be a good thing for him.

Forresters been amazing for us this season, he set up Waggy against Accies, scored against Dundee and Motherwell. He's going to be a great player for us (chap wood)

Halliday is complacent these days, it may be he's just adjusting to the new level of opposition and that he's in a different position again. 

26 minutes ago, RFCRobertson said:

Forresters been amazing for us this season, he set up Waggy against Accies, scored against Dundee and Motherwell. He's going to be a great player for us (chap wood)

Halliday is complacent these days, it may be he's just adjusting to the new level of opposition and that he's in a different position again. 

I don't think he's complacent, I think he's trying too hard, charging about everywhere shouting and screaming at everything and everyone - with little influence on the game. 

He's lost composure IMO, and playing like a man who knows being dropped is inevitable. 

7 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

I don't think he's complacent, I think he's trying too hard, charging about everywhere shouting and screaming at everything and everyone - with little influence on the game. 

He's lost composure IMO, and playing like a man who knows being dropped is inevitable. 

Yeah my apologies, complacent was the wrong word. Halliday does put in effort but it's in the wrong areas right now. 

5 minutes ago, Wearethepeople72 said:

57bc508bbe5d7.jpg

I'd go with this. 

Would move Forrester into midfield to provide a bit more drive in that area. 

Also don't think we can really justify dropping Miller after him scoring in the past two games.

I just can't see Barton in CM. If Barton is to play it is DM which rules out Rossiter. 

Other CMs I'd consider are Windass (if fit), Holt (if fit) but given they aren't I'd give it to Halliday.

While Miller has scored if still drop him to the bench for O'Halloran. We need to start with pace and push them back and cage them in. Miller can come on as a sub when OH is tiring. 

2 minutes ago, theiconicman said:

I just can't see Barton in CM. If Barton is to play it is DM which rules out Rossiter. 

Other CMs I'd consider are Windass (if fit), Holt (if fit) but given they aren't I'd give it to Halliday.

While Miller has scored if still drop him to the bench for O'Halloran. We need to start with pace and push them back and cage them in. Miller can come on as a sub when OH is tiring. 

Yeah, I get what you mean about Barton in CM. However, due to injuries we don't really have that many options at the moment. I think this game will come too early for Windass or Holt. Halliday has been poor in the past two games which is why I would drop him.

Also agree O'Halloran deserves a chance and I'm sure he'll get that as the season progresses, but as I say, can't see Miller being dropped and I don't feel that he should be.

1 hour ago, RFCRobertson said:

Yeah my apologies, complacent was the wrong word. Halliday does put in effort but it's in the wrong areas right now. 

Yup, great way to sum it up - effort in the wrong areas. 

Bit like Miller at the moment. 

It's difficult to predict which starting XI Warburton will go with for this game. One thing is for sure and that's that the midfield of Halliday, Barton and Rossiter does not work. You have to go with 2 at most from those 3. I think Warburton will stick with Rossiter and Barton so that means Halliday drops to the bench. Given the impact that he had from the bench on Saturday I'd say that Krancjar will get the nod ahead of Halliday. The defence picks itself at the moment with no more centre halves being linked and Senderos still training but not signed. The front 3 is harder to pick; I'm not sure if Garner will start, I'd be inclined to think that Warburton will give him the last half an hour. I think McKay and Forrester will start on the wings with Garner coming on for Miller (or vice versa depending on who starts).

Team lineup -

Foderingham

Tavernier Kiernan Wilson Wallace

Rossiter

Barton Kranjcar

Forrester Miller McKay

I know Niko is not the fittest but he has far too much talent not to start. I still like him, Barton and Rossiter as our best three midfielders at the moment even if the latter two are similar. Great options ahead with Crooks, Windass and Holt and MW's preferred choice in Halliday. I prefer Forrester in the front three probably with Waghorn and Dodoo and MOH as an effective sub.

3 hours ago, CaptainAmerica18 said:

All his effort in scoring they goals is really causing us problems.

You go to games? If you do you'd see Miller puts in effort, but often in unproductive areas.

Not slagging him off or anything. 

40 minutes ago, bluenose_72 said:

It's difficult to predict which starting XI Warburton will go with for this game. One thing is for sure and that's that the midfield of Halliday, Barton and Rossiter does not work. You have to go with 2 at most from those 3. I think Warburton will stick with Rossiter and Barton so that means Halliday drops to the bench. Given the impact that he had from the bench on Saturday I'd say that Krancjar will get the nod ahead of Halliday. The defence picks itself at the moment with no more centre halves being linked and Senderos still training but not signed. The front 3 is harder to pick; I'm not sure if Garner will start, I'd be inclined to think that Warburton will give him the last half an hour. I think McKay and Forrester will start on the wings with Garner coming on for Miller (or vice versa depending on who starts).

Team lineup -

Foderingham

Tavernier Kiernan Wilson Wallace

Rossiter

Barton Kranjcar

Forrester Miller McKay

I reckon that willl be the team that's picked for Friday. Fully expect Garner to start on the subs bench as is usually the norm for debutants.

I think the biggest problem on Saturday was the slowness in moving the ball in midfield, it was all a bit sideways or out wide to Tav over and over until Niko came on and looked to play balls forward, he needs to start on Friday IMO or even play Forrester in a "free role" at tip of midfield triangle. 

Wes

Tav   Kiernan  Wilson   Wallace

Rossiter

Barton           Forrester

Miller        Garner         McKay

That's the team I'd go for on Friday. Kranjcar probably a bit unfortunate to miss out but think he'll be better coming on and making an impact after an hour.

3 minutes ago, Creampuff said:

Miller starting as a wide player in the front three is absolute madness. 

Let's pick an actual wide player there rather than shoehorning in Miller.

I tried but don't get the hype with MOH so it was a toss up between starting Dodoo (with Miller through the middle) or Garner.

Miller has scored a fair amount of goals from that position and if it was him playing in that role he wouldn't really be a wide player as such.

9 minutes ago, CaptainAmerica18 said:

I still don't get, even after a year under Warburton, people still put up a formation that isn't 4-3-3.

I'd argue 4-2-3-1 is just another variation of a 4-3-3.

However, I agree that we won't be set up like that.