English Football League to consider Celtic and Rangers

Ace

Instead of thinking in the next 5/10 years if this happens, folk need to think about the next 20/40 years for our club,  if we stay in the current set up we will stagnate. We have to find ways of moving the club forward, staying in Scottish football isn't an option. 

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope it doesn't happen as I wouldn't want to join the English league along with the scum. They claim they're not British and not Scottish, but Irish merely based in Glasgow and hate everything British.

I don't see why the English would want the JiPaddys visiting every English city and glorifying the terrorist bombing of it. 

On our own? Yes, I'd join the English league.

With them as part  of the tired old double act? No. It's a waste of a chance to ditch the cunts for good. Their existence depends on us, but we don't need the obsessive bigoted fuckers.

4 minutes ago, theiconicman said:

At some point there will be a consolidation of CL into a super league. When that happens we want to be in the Scottish top league and not some obscure 3rd tier English league. 

The future is revamped Euro league. Not England. 

Then RFC Eagles suggestion would work :-

One thing that could work is maintaining a presence in the SPFL (with European qualification available) and a team in EFL 4 (the 5th tier). Dual register some players and, initially, the 1st team plays in the SPFL as a 'second' team (development XI) work their way through to the EFL Championship. Then switch squads so the 1st team plays in the EFL (looking to the EPL) and the development team compete in the SPFL.

2 minutes ago, OlegKuznetsov said:

I hope it doesn't happen as I wouldn't want to join the English league along with the scum. They claim they're not British and not Scottish, but Irish merely based in Glasgow and hate everything British.

I don't see why the English would want the JiPaddys visiting every English city and glorifying the terrorist bombing of it. 

On our own? Yes, I'd join the English league.

With them as part  of the tired old double act? No. It's a waste of a chance to ditch the cunts for good. Their existence depends on us, but we don't need the obsessive bigoted fuckers.

I said in a post earlier, I don't think the scum would leave the spl as they like to be big fish in a small pond with no competition, same as they have had for the last four seasons, plus almost guaranteed CL every year.

This is what they were hoping for when they and they're cohorts tried to kill us off.

It aint going to happen. Who would want plastic paddys who dont work, who smell of shite, who always claim to be cheated. The list goes on. Would be more hassle than its worth for them.

I would jump at the chance to go down south. Hate everything about scottish football and would be good to see it go down the pan. All these wee scumy clubs who have shown there hatred towards us past few years would collapse without our blue pound.

FUCK THE SFA

1 hour ago, Sweetheart said:

I think that would work, but it would be down to the board to sort it out, if the EPL votes the old firm into the league.

Its the EFL and the National League that would have to vote us in not the EPL (they may have a say but it won't be there that we will be competing). A lot of smaller clubs (other than Carlisle) will have the same objections as some have stated (Torquay fans won't fancy trips to Glasgow any more than some fancy visiting Plainmoor).

I'd jump at this - with or without Celtic.

There are just so many positives:

We've got a big support all through England and some of the away days would be immense.There's also a lot of goodwill towards Rangers down South. We would be freed from a lot of the baggage that others have thrown at us and it would be a real kick in the teeth for all those who would rather see us go out of existance. Freeing ourselves from all the constant digs, the snidiness designed to provoke a reaction, the sheer hypocrisy of it all would be incredibly liberating.

Even in the lower leagues we would generate more cash than we do now. This would mean attracting players would no longer be a problem - if we can offer the same cash as the likes of Wigan and Barnsley but throw in Ibrox, Auchenhowie and the history then we'll have our pick of the best available for whatever level we are playing at.

We've not played in Europe for a few years now and I can't really say I've missed it that much. We don't earn that much from it and even the Champions League cash didn't do us much good did it? As Celtic are about to find out. They can't afford to buy players who will make a real difference so the extra money only means a greater chance of dominating Scottish football, in order to just get the chance to fight for qualification for the CL, to get the CL money while getting soundly pumped in every game and then begin the cycle again. Celtic fans might be happy with short-term, short-sighted gain (and bask in patronising pats on the head from Barcelona people) just to get one over on us but I think most of our support would agree with me when I say that when Rangers enter a competition, I damn well want us to be able to compete. We're nobodies wipping boys, big cheques or not.

There is the holy grail of the EPL at the end of the journey. We are still a massive club but Scottish football is not stagnating - it's going backwards and it's painful to watch and be a part of. I think this would save us from the same fate. The Rangers brand would be immensely attractive to foreign investors and if we are even reasonably sucessful, then the skies the limit.

Time for Gulliver to tell the Lilliputans to fuck off :)

1 hour ago, harlands plater said:

I would prefer to be in the second tier of a revamped European setup than the fifth tier down south. It could be a very long climb up that ladder.

Anyway I don't think Liewell would accept starting at such a low level, Ra Sellik are one of Europe's elite clubs up there with their buddies at Barca, doncha know?

The Chairman of Barcelona wishes the tinkers were in the CL every season,especially in FCB's group for the ritual pumpings. They should actually be called ben dover fc.    

1 hour ago, theiconicman said:

At some point there will be a consolidation of CL into a super league. When that happens we want to be in the Scottish top league and not some obscure 3rd tier English league. 

The future is revamped Euro league. Not England. 

I agree with the part I highlighted. The trend is definitely for more European, cross-border football.

11 hours ago, gogzy said:

OK let's play along with it for a while.

A) do you think the English would vote both of us in, and do you think there should be seperate votes for both team?

B) if we were voted in, would you accept?   Do you think we would keep the same harcore traveling support making a 9 hour drive to the bottom of England for a tuesday game?  

C) Do you think we would fare well, do you think both the old firm could easily progress through the lowr leagues and at the very least get to the championship before things got tough?

D) if we went, would you expect a dramatic change in our budget, and the type of players we would sign?  do you think that some of the players we have right now would want to play in the English 5th division ( when I assume the possibility of Euro football at least swayed some decisions to come here.

E) Do you think they would ask us to move our grounds south of the border?

I am sure I'll think of more questions.

A) Celtic may not want to go as they have this FA sewn up to suit them.

B) Accept - Yes. Rangers supporters are all over England and will go to these out of the way places to see the team and England knows it. They see the supporter buses leave their towns throughout the season. We have trains and planes as well as buses. the north west/ north east Birmingham and London will supply lots of away supporters. ( I have been at Torquey's football ground and it is a good away day and the town has some Bears supporters) 

C) Rangers would do well and would progress season on season. Most teams down here are up to their arses in debt.

D) I would not expect a dramatic increase in our budget right away but it would grow substantially over time to dwarf what we have now.

E) We would not have to move and they would not ask us to.

The long and short of it is Scottish football is dying, transport has cut the time needed to travel and this is the chance to get in to a bigger/fairer set up, but we need to be asked. They are talking about us not to us. 

1 hour ago, ianferguson said:

Scottish football is dead , it makes me cringe to watch a highlights package with tiny empty stadiums and the away supports at Ibrox are pathetic. Whatever the solution is for the old firm,  won't be found in Scotland. 

Our club dies as we know it when we leave (already dead, sevco etc etc.)  We are the worlds most succesful club and we are from Glasgow, Scotland. Don't let the nationalists take that from us.

But anyway, it's nothing to do with that. If we go to the 5th tier in England, it'll be 20 years before we see the Premier League, if we ever do. And at 20 years old I'd happily guarantee right now we would never win the league or reach the Champions League in my lifetime. 20 years changes a lot, 20 years fighting to the top and all of a sudden we ain't a big club outwith Glasgow anymore. No matter how many times we all say 'but we're Rangers' and puff our chests out into  our mirrors doesnt change the fact - unless we are given entry to the Premier League right away (never happen,) a move to England to me is a guaranteed fall to obscurity, not a rise to new heights. 

1 minute ago, Vanoli said:

Our club dies as we know it when we leave (already dead, sevco etc etc.)  We are the worlds most succesful club and we are from Glasgow, Scotland. Don't let the nationalists take that from us.

But anyway, it's nothing to do with that. If we go to the 5th tier in England, it'll be 20 years before we see the Premier League, if we ever do. And at 20 years old I'd happily guarantee right now we would never win the league or reach the Champions League in my lifetime. 20 years changes a lot, 20 years fighting to the top and all of a sudden we ain't a big club outwith Glasgow anymore. No matter how many times we all say 'but we're Rangers' and puff our chests out into  our mirrors doesnt change the fact - unless we are given entry to the Premier League right away (never happen,) a move to England to me is a guaranteed fall to obscurity, not a rise to new heights. 

20 years to climb to the EPL. :lol: 

Sorry mate but that's bollocks, and even if it did, I would still see us in the EPL and my kids and grand kids and their grandkids would see us reach our true potential. 

7 minutes ago, Vanoli said:

20 years before we see the Premier League- less than half that.

20 years fighting to the top and all of a sudden we ain't a big club outwith Glasgow anymore. - In the 3 division of Scotland we were one of the best supported clubs in Europe. 4 steps to the top league in Scotland with a shite manager, massive infighting at board level and the club having money hoovered out of it and we still arrived. Everyone in the world of football seen that, they know this is one of the best supported clubs in the world with a support that has proven they will turn out to watch the team come Hell or high water. We offer a massive committed support with a global reach and supporter clubs world wide; very few clubs bring that to the table, all of this mean we bring money. 4 steps in Scotland, 5 steps in England and we would arrive. 

Celtic on the other hand have shown that their support shrinks without us so they may not do so well.

Just now, LeeWallaceRFC said:

We wouldn't be allowed to leave Scotland, never mind join England.

We need to be asked first and I think that the SFA may get difficult about the cash cow leaving, but I think it depends on the TV companies cash.

21 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

20 years to climb to the EPL. :lol: 

Sorry mate but that's bollocks, and even if it did, I would still see us in the EPL and my kids and grand kids and their grandkids would see us reach our true potential. 

You think we'd blitz through the lower divisions first time of asking, at a serious financial disadvantage in the short term? Then once we're in the Championship you think its guaranteed we'd go up relatively soon? Big clubs have rotted there for approaching 20 years now. 20 might be an exaggeration for us, it might be 10, it might be never at all. To me it's not this guaranteed path to greatness everyone assumes it is - i think it's 50-50 chance at best between prosper and reach new heights, or descend into utter irrelevancy if we dont enter at Championship level at least. 

4 minutes ago, BOOTNECK-BEAR said:

Away games to Plymouth, Portsmouth, Southampton and Bournemouth would be away weekends never mind away days.

Transport will change everything. Travelling 400 or 500 miles can be done in a couple of hours now, the world is shrinking that is why Atlantic and English leagues are being looked at, as they are now doable.