*****The official Rangers v Them Match Thread****

wearethepeople1

1 minute ago, jmurphy1 said:

I don't think we did too bad in midfield - we at least battled well. We definitely lack a bit of quality in there, likewise with up front.

We definitely did ride our luck today but you need to in games like these. We could have won the game today, Holt's chance springs to mind. It's not great but it's better. We will get there, I have no doubt. 

I share your optimism about getting their eventually, i just think we lack in so many areas compared to them and it looked like they could have even stepped it up if need be and i don't see us having that bit extra in there.

I'll be there on Wednesday hoping to see that very improvement, while i may be pessimistic about it actually happening i have to believe it will.

It looked like 12 v 10 they had so much space. MW said there were many positives to take from the game today. FFS  :disappointment:  Being dominated by your fiercest rivals for the whole game and losing a goal in the last few minutes is what happened.  From a fan's perspective there is nothing positive about that Mark. 

Just now, Misteral said:

It looked like 12 v 10 they had so much space.  We were out fought and out played for 90 minutes.  The latter can be forgivable, the former can never be. 

MW said there were many positives to take from the game today. FFS  :disappointment:  Being dominated by your fiercest rivals for the whole game and losing a goal in the last few minutes is what happened.  From a fan's perspective there is nothing positive about that Mark. 

Didn't he say something along the lines of 'that he didn't understand the importance' or something of the game / result last time? 

So it's not overly surprising tbh.

18 minutes ago, Straight-Edge-Loyal said:

That's a fucking shocking post.

Butcher was getting right into us as well. I wonder if that's why Sutton wasn't as bad as his normal self he had butcher to take the heat and as a "Rangers man" his opinion can't be taken to task

Are you serious, i was waiting for the cunt to start singing, "A nation once again^.

Could be worse guys, they could have better players, truth is they have Dembele and if he keeps his form up a struggling EPL will take him, no one else in their team should give us cause for concern 

Only one team beat us today and that was ourselves, panicking on the ball, hasty, really bad decision makings and no one looked like they want the ball at all

What we really need is a game against them at Ibrox and it is a shame that we need to wait until December for it but that's that way the cookie crumbles, Red Imps, Be'er Sheeva show us just how good they really are

Our players need to be brave and believe in themselves and in old firm games if you aren't brave or show some fight you will be beat 5-1 at parkhead and outplayed in semi finals all season long

This team need to give extra, and a whole fucking lot of it

Ps A bit of backing wouldn't go  a fucking miss King and Murray

1 minute ago, Rangers Lady said:

Too early to say for Garner,

I’m always reminded that Hatley was slow and woeful when he first arrived, took him over 6 months to find any form

meaning more that we don't have a lot of money to spend but we put it all on Garner to not play him. 

5 minutes ago, Johnsey said:

They hunt in packs to earn the ball back and it works.

The most frustrating thing is we all talk about sacrificing defense in favour of attack, but fake tan showed today that you can be solid in both departments. 

Fake tan?

Just now, Billythebear77 said:

We'll be Changing the manager then 1st mate, the gaffers never changing from 4-3-3 

A know mate, we don't seem to be able to cope with that anymore. A plan b is much needed.

As much as I really like Warburton and Weir they really need to sort this mess out by Christmas, egos come second 

Just now, theweebluenose said:

Fat chance of that happening. We'll get some third rate Premiership youth players on Loan in January of we are lucky.

It's a joke man

The team have no self belief or bravery in these games, amount of times I was shouting "go" or "Fucking drive" only for them to turn back and find there was no-one wanting the ball

Dire stuff

4 minutes ago, Rangers Lady said:

Too early to say for Garner,

I’m always reminded that Hatley was slow and woeful when he first arrived, took him over 6 months to find any form

Agree totally with this.Especially on today's showing when he never really got any service up to him anyway.

9 minutes ago, TheBluebells said:

I share your optimism about getting their eventually, i just think we lack in so many areas compared to them and it looked like they could have even stepped it up if need be and i don't see us having that bit extra in there.

I'll be there on Wednesday hoping to see that very improvement, while i may be pessimistic about it actually happening i have to believe it will.

To be honest I think I might just be comparing the game against the last old firm and trying to find some positives.

There is a definite difference in quality between us but we could have nicked it.

We won't win the league this season but there's still time for us to sort things out. If we can get a settled team with some consistency I think we will back to normal business next year. Warburton needs to identify what's going wrong and sort it though. 

1 minute ago, jmurphy1 said:

To be honest I think I might just be comparing the game against the last old firm and trying to find some positives.

There is a definite difference in quality between us but we could have nicked it.

We won't win the league this season but there's still time for us to sort things out. If we can get a settled team with some consistency I think we will back to normal business next year. Warburton needs to identify what's going wrong and sort it though. 

I fear for that happening as we've been having issues since April really and still don't seem to be fixing it and id argue we've gotten worse in our play, our composure is non existent and passing abysmal at times. 

Something needs to be done so we can get back on track and start looking like the team we know we can be.

17 minutes ago, TheBluebells said:

Garner would be better as a synchronised diver, he's just looked a very poor signing who has nothing in his locker to justify the way he acts on the pitch.

He is a mystery to me, he seems far more into wrestling than playing football. I knew nothing about him before we were linked with him. He seemed to be able to score all kinds of goals in the videos but so far has been a huge disappointment. :(

1 minute ago, Straight-Edge-Loyal said:

He was a bit fairer at the start and was a lot better than his normal self he is a cunt no doubt about it but butcher was far worse

To be fair, Butcher did say he was hoping that it would be Rangers who got the late goal. Having said that he is a wanker most of the time. 

Just now, Bears r us said:

He is a mystery to me, he seems far more into wrestling than playing football. I knew nothing about him before we were linked with him and he seemed to be able to score all kinds of goals but so far has been a huge disappointment. :(

I wouldn't actually mind all that if it looked like he was capable of doing something positive in the actual game but he's looked poor. 

Hopefully comes good but not seeing much saying he will.