*****The official Rangers v Them Match Thread****

wearethepeople1

3 minutes ago, TheBluebells said:

Defence stopped us taking a tanking lets be honest.

We were shite up front and were never really in it and made them look good by sitting too far back and letting them have time and space, it was inevitable the goal.

Absolutely sickening when we play like that, one team looked like they wanted it and it certainly wasn't us. 

Fucking horrible game, disgusted with that shite.

We played that game so as not to take a tanking and yet we very nearly did again.

No pace in midfield and when pressed in midfield we coughed up possession far too easily which meant the ball never got forward enough and the defence were under constant pressure.

Possession Football works if you have serious quick movement off the ball.

We have not moved well off the ball for a while now and it's been our downfall in not being able to score on a regular basis.

Serious questions have to be asked why we are not doing this.

Just now, FlashHarryForrester said:

Tav looked lost when he moved into the middle, very strange decision. 

Mckay should not be starting games. Beentwrrible for weeks.  Can't keep playing passengers in games. 

We were luck to be still in the game at 88 mins. Keeper and defence kept us in it.

Even first half we were just clearing the ball anywhere.

If McKay somehow starts the next game then I give up

2 minutes ago, Canabear said:

We played that game so as not to take a tanking and yet we very nearly did again.

No pace in midfield and when pressed in midfield we coughed up possession far too easily which meant the ball never got forward enough and the defence were under constant pressure.

Possession Football works if you have serious quick movement off the ball.

We have not moved well off the ball for a while now and it's been our downfall in not being able to score on a regular basis.

Serious questions have to be asked why we are not doing this.

Thing is, when MW came in that was our thing and we did it well even in cup games against higher level opponents and now we seem to have no composure and shape whatsoever. 

We looked a league below them again i thought but our defence did us proud for the most part but it was not a game to enjoy, again. 

Tactics and signings are things that seriously need questioned, pressure is mounting up big time.

Just now, TheBluebells said:

Thing is, when MW came in that was our thing and we did it well even in cup games against higher level opponents and now we seem to have no composure and shape whatsoever. 

We looked a league below them again i though but our defence did us proud for the most part but it was not a game to enjoy, again. 

Tactics and signings are things that seriously need questioned, pressure is mounting up big time.

Before we never had two men pressing the ball carrier.

Now we do and we are giving up the ball because we don't know what to do.

1 minute ago, TheBluebells said:

Gilks and Hill saved us taking a tanking. 

Disagree with the last bit, we do look far off them in midfield and upfront especially but i suppose it doesn't help that we make them look so good by giving them so much time and space.

I don't think we did too bad in midfield - we at least battled well. We definitely lack a bit of quality in there, likewise with up front.

We definitely did ride our luck today but you need to in games like these. We could have won the game today, Holt's chance springs to mind. It's not great but it's better. We will get there, I have no doubt. 

6 minutes ago, Rangers Lady said:

Bad as we are the’re not that fucking good

If King did put £30mill into the transfer market it would be a lot different  

He said he would, he hasn’t and the budget buys haven’t uncovered any hidden gems 

Forrester should start ahead of McKay, not to have him on the bench was wrong

He is capable of more than Garner & Dodoo put together 

they are that good because make them look like that because we're that bad. 

Fucking sad state of affairs when I am actually relieved it was only 1-0.

Maybe we can now put the myth to bed that's it's all our defences fault for poor results.They have so many poor passes ahead of them from a very uncreative midfield and poor attack.

What summed it up for me was right at the end when Wallace was taking his throw in.We need to score but not one player made a move to get free or become available leading to him having to throw it back into our own half.

Plus ,why when you have a player in Miller who can hold play and create space and Windass who is probably the most creative player we have then haul them off I can't fathom.Especially when the likes of McKay who is having a torrid time at the moment continually starts and plays most of the game.

MW stated we are not predictable.I beg to differ.Hate to admit it but the better team by far won today and we have a long long way to go in order to compete to that kind of level.It wasn't the humiliation we endured at the piggery in the score line but a footballing scudding nonetheless.

So this performance and result was after Warburton had insisted they had trained well, prepared well, had presided over 2 'heated discussions' among the squad following the 5-1 game, had felt that there had been improvement (it was to be improvement quickly after the last OF game), that we'd be looking to play with the right level of intensity and to play at the level expected of Rangers. 

Well it was a failure on all these counts.  Didn't look at all like they'd trained well or prepared well or that they lived up to requirements for levels of intensity or quality of play expected at Rangers.  

He (Warburton) talks a lot about what he thinks is happening or thinks is required.   But in this league and in this cup game today he is not inspiring his squad to deliver to their capabilities.   He does not appear to be able to get the best out of the squad.   His talking is not matched by his performance in getting the team to deliver on important games.   

If not for Gilks today could easily have been something similar to the scoreline in the last OF game.   We have not improved.   Unfortunately he is not generating the level of improvement needed at Rangers.