Lewis Macleod?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been to three English Championship games this year and have been really disappointed in the standard. It's nowhere as good as people make it out to be. Obviously better than the spl but reckon Celtic would win comfortably against most English championship sides. Don't reckon Lewis will make it to the top, English championship or SPL would probably be about his level.

Funny that the same people who were devestated he left us are the ones now calling him overrated.

He looks a natural footballer, and he'll develop in England given the time on the pitch. I think there's every chance he turns into a real quality player, and I hope he does.

I thought he was a good player, and he stayed grounded - the hype didn't seem to phase him.

He didn't want to leave us, I wish him all the best and hope he's a great success down there. (tu)

If he didn't want to Leave us he'd have stayed. Bottom line is when offered the chance to go Rangers were not a big enough pull for him which is not a crime but was very disappointing for the bears who backed him from the start.Boy is talented but won't be ready to play in England for quite a while due to his injuries and lack of physique.

His manager was in the sky sports studio the other week discussing the fact he was stepping down.

Basically him and the owner have different views on what way they should bring players into the club.

It was then Lewis was mentioned as he was his idea of the type of players he would bring to the club.

Mark Warburton was very complimentary about Lewis saying he had fantastic ability, it seems his ability has waned to a lot of people on here.

Since Lewis got injured and then left we became even more shambolic on the park, I think the lad deserves a bit of credit.

Decent player in the lower leagues of scotland not good enough for the championship

Most of our fans dont realise how bad Scottish football has become

Agreed.

He stood out here because he had effort, a bit of talent and wanted to get on the ball.

In reality the standard of Scottish football.especially at the level we have been at when Lewis was here was/is woeful.

People saying he could walk into EPL teams months ago obviously have no clue about the game and where we are at these days, Lewis will be lucky to get into a team in the top end of the Championship but hopefully he keeps his head down and builds on his promising time with us.