Your 5 Personal Favourite Rangers Legends.

tannerall

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No particular order

Cooper

McCoist ( The Player )

Gazza

Laurdup

Albertz

Of course there's the likes of Goram,Souness,Gough,Butcher,Hateley, Sir Walter Who i also seen play/manage in my life time.

Then the likes of club Legends Players and Managers that i never seen play/manage Struth,Greig,Jardine,Baxter,Jock Wallace,McPhail,Morton,Woodburn,Meikeljohn,Shaw,Waddell,Young,Cox,Hubbard,Simpson,Miller,Brand,Wilson,Davis,Henderson,Jackson,W Johnston,Stein,D Johnstone,Parlane,Forsyth and many more.

It's so hard to choose just 5 from the above era as well.

Same 5 as Cumnock Bear (tu)

I have watched too many great players in the blue shirt of Rangers, to be able to pick 5 from the late fifties till our troubles is nigh impossible. So on this debate i'm going to give it a miss, I don't want a headache arguing with myself should it be Slim Jim instead of Gazza.

Jim Baxter

Willie Henderson

Dave Smith

Sammy Cox

Colin Stein

Sandy Jardine

Richard Gough

John Greig

Andy Goram

Willie Johnstone

Michael Mols

There is no way I can only pick 5 players so here is a team my criteria has also been I have had to have met the player and spent time in their company.

Would line them up as

Goram

Jardine Gough Cox

Henderson Greig Smith Baxter Johstone

Mols Stein

In my time and who I have seen

laudrup - no explanation really , too young to appreciate him at the time but grew up watching and never getting bored of watching the 9 in a row videos and watching him tear the place apart

Gazza - same as above really

Albertz- great player and fantastic player who was more than capable of scoring a belter

Ferguson - captain I grew up watching Rangers with really , had his faults but couldn't realy question his determination to win

R. De boer - not sure if he is regarded as a legend but I idolised this guy from about the age of 8 - 10 , always had his name on my shirts

Overall , i would have to go with opinions from older bears and videos I have saw and

Struth - his attitude and work ethic were pivotal in the club becoming as succesful and famous as it is today ,

Jardine - hero of my old mans and his actions post feb 2012 will live long in the memory of any bear , emotional scenes at ibrox after his passing showed you the reputation he has amongs us

Greig - voted greatest ranger ever and has been a presence at the club ever since ,

gough - as stated in the earlier thread , in my eyes the guy just epitomises a Rangers captain and what they should be like , and he was vital during our 9 in a row

For the last spot I can't decide between cooper or Baxter , again both before my time but from the stories and opinions I have heard from older bears in the family , in pubs and on supporters busses their was not a lot between the two but both seemed to have entertained the ibrox crowd in their day and have left many with happy memories and still hold a special place in many fans to this day who witnessed them do their stuff on the pitch

Too right, the athletic ethos Cribari brought to the club is enough to merit the Greatest ever Ranger title.

What about the bravery of capoucho no bothering his arse to wear shinpads , and he also did win a medal in Seville