Golf

kplfishtank

@RFC RYAN  That driver cover is a cracker. Might order that actually.👍🇬🇧

@SkylineBlue Ive been watching his videos. Very entertaining and good reviews on things.

@born a blue nose That same rick shiels as mentioned above orderes one of these drivers of wish and was fake as fuck😂😂

2 hours ago, The Hammer 11 said:

Anyone recommend somewhere to get good golf clothing to start me off with, looking at that druids golf package sets but don’t know if it’s decent/made by taigs

Clubhouse golf? 

Got what looks like a decent cart bag for £90 off it just waiting on it coming I know that's no what you are looking for but they usually have a decent selection of clothes. 

Clydeway near Uddingston has a good selection but not cheap. 

29 minutes ago, RFC RYAN said:

Clubhouse golf? 

Got what looks like a decent cart bag for £90 off it just waiting on it coming I know that's no what you are looking for but they usually have a decent selection of clothes. 

Clydeway near Uddingston has a good selection but not cheap. 

I’ll have a wee look mate looking to slowly build up my stuff 

On 07/07/2020 at 17:24, Skelf said:

@RFC RYAN  That driver cover is a cracker. Might order that actually.👍🇬🇧

@SkylineBlue Ive been watching his videos. Very entertaining and good reviews on things.

@born a blue nose That same rick shiels as mentioned above orderes one of these drivers of wish and was fake as fuck😂😂

Watched the vid mate cheers for that. Looks like he will just be down £40 for a putter 😂

3 hours ago, The Hammer 11 said:

Anyone recommend somewhere to get good golf clothing to start me off with, looking at that druids golf package sets but don’t know if it’s decent/made by taigs

I took a chance and ordered from Druids the other day, two midlayers, a gilet and a jacket. Impressed with their stuff, happy with the quality.

I was absolutely minging this morning. I couldn't strike the ball well at all and basically hacked my way round.  Almost walked off at the 4th and though "just stick with it" and parred the 4th. Only good hole I played but thats what keeps you going back.

On 08/07/2020 at 17:47, The Hammer 11 said:

County golf, trust me they blow everyone out when it comes to price 

Their are always deals on, 30%-50% off list price 

Got my first ever official handicap earlier. 25. 

Need to work hard rest of season to get that down as know im so much better than that but gives me something to work on now.  Entered my first competition for next week.

On 02/07/2020 at 19:20, RFC RYAN said:

Anyone know a site the sells headcovers need on for my putter and my driver needs one as well driver is a ping head over on it and it's wrecked. 

https://www.thefamousheadwear.co.uk/category/golf-club-covers

Just had a look at my howdidido scores from medal tees the last year, only had 1 under par nett score and it happened the 13/7/19 ( a year ago today) obviously not played as many medals this season(only 1) so still held onto my 9 handicap (9.4 currently) I knew my game has been awful the last year but would have lost money on that stat. Felt I had lost the fundamentals so bought the Ben Hogan book on fundamentals and read the first 2 sections so far on grip and stance. Been a big eye opener for me and not even half way through the book. Actually convinced I have never had a proper left hand grip(more through my palm and fingers) . Book is called Ben Hogan five lessons: The modern fundimentals of golf, can pick it up for about £10-£11 online very handy for every golfer.

Wasnt really missing golf as I have achilles tendonitis and been playing horrible. Now can't wait to get back on the course just waiting on my achilles clearing up done it 3 weeks ago and I stupidly tried to play golf a couple of times as thought it felt better but was killing me after the first hole. If anyone has any advice on getting rid of it besides ice and resting it I am all ears. 

New Callaway Apex shoes arrived today in time for my morning round tomorrow. I ordered spikeless by accident but the reviews of them are tremendous with folk using then in winter conditions  and still getting good traction apparently, so I'll keep them and give spikeless a go. Helps that I got them for an absolute steal.

I'm really wanting to get back into it as used to be quite handy back in the day but having 2 young'ish kids has put it on the back burner and probably a bit late now given we are well into july. What is putting me off is the initial outlay. I still have my clubs but reckon I'd need a new set of irons and a driver. That with along with a membership in the region of 600 a year means I'd be shelling out a fair bit of cash. 

Got a wknd withates at dalmahoy in august but will more be about the drinking than the golf. 

I had an absolute howler yesterday. I'm so streaky after starting back playing. I'm striking the ball well, long and straight, hooking it and slicing it all in the same round. I've got absolutely no consistency at all. I'm thinking about booking for a few lessons because it has to be my swing.