*****QOTS v Rangers Official match thread*****

Blackandra

Foderingham

Tavernier Kiernan Wilson Wallace

Law Halliday Holt

King Miller McKay

The manager said after the Kilmarnock game that Clark was feeling a bit leggy towards the end as he hasn't played a full 90 for a while so I don't think he will start but I do think we will see him on at some point.

15 hours ago, The Dude said:

I think Waghorn missing for the next while could be a bit of a blessing on Sunday. Hopefully whoever comes in sees it as the opportunity it is and work hard to show Warburton that they deserve to replace Waghorn. 

I agree. Waghorn was going off the boil and probably needed a rest. It's very unfortunate that he was injured but gives other players a chance. I hope Clark gets a start and a run of games and finally reaches his potential. Hope he grabs the opportunity with both hands and proves himself worthy of a new contract.

We have been fortunate (or maybe it's better training techniques) to have so few injuries this season. We have a relatively small squad but we have a good few players who can play numerous positions. Could prove to be a godsend in this scenario.

I'm going for a 3-1 win. Miller, Clark and Tavernier to score.

Not Clarks biggest fan either, but I'd love it if he could turn things around for himself. He's obviously got that strikers instinct and Tuesday night might just have been a good confidence boost. 

Anyone who thinks we won't miss Waghorn though is crazy, he brings more to the team than just scoring goals. 

20 hours ago, Laudrup1984 said:

Yeah i'd guess so. FA Cup week in the latter stages of the competition is a bit shit as a whole! However, means, not for the first time, all eyes will be on us!

Kinda sums up the SPFL when all attention is on us and The Championship, and not the top tier!

Spot on mate we are the only show in town and hivs are only on sky because they are second Haha 

3 hours ago, DP FC said:

Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Even  an injured Waghorn managed to score in the same game.

pretty poor rationale.

Not really. I was always told that no-one should miss a penalty as all the advantages are with the penalty taker. Let's just wait and see what happens. I thought supporters were supposed to back the players.

8 hours ago, GlasgowsBlue said:

The manager said after the Kilmarnock game that Clark was feeling a bit leggy towards the end as he hasn't played a full 90 for a while so I don't think he will start but I do think we will see him on at some point.

Warburton has a history of rotating players, so Clark may well not start to give someone else game time, but I doubt it will be because he felt tired towards the end of Tuesdays game! (tu)

Any pro footballer who wouldn't be match fit on a Saturday after playing on a Tuesday should be waiting tables on the Ferries.

This is how we get/keep players fit. Not by dropping them, but by giving them as much game time as normal.

I think we'll see the team that finished v's Alloa starting tomorrow, save Holt for King.

Waghorn and Clark, they might be different types of forwards but they both had the same problem at the start of the season, they needed game time, Waghorn got plenty and earned it, Clark might have a window of opportunity here to prove to himself and us he can do it.