All Barton Chat.

theiconicman

Although we (the fans) may sing songs and make comments etc... surely no one  could claim that the club, board or whoever else has been anti-Catholic since at least the 80s? 70s?

Or has the club ever said out and out "we hate Catholics"...

Everybody is getting hysterical - calm doon ffs. 

Ok, let me go through a couple of if's because, as usual, no one really knows. 

IF Rangers won't rid of Barton then it doesn't have to come to a pay off scenario. He comes back in three weeks and trains with the kids. Barton then has a choice - see out the remaining 21months of his contract like this but he will be 36 by then and hasn't played any meaningful football in that time so it's literally career over. Rangers spread the payment - better for them although not ideal either but no pay off. Or he finds another club, agrees to rip up his contract and both parties go their own way 

IF Barton is trying to engineer a move then good. The next 3 weeks he (his agent) can sound out any interested parties and if a similar deal is found he can talk to the club about ripping up the deal. Rangers of course could be awkward and demand a transfer fee but I doubt that. But again no pay off. 

I think the club are in a stronger position than most of you think. 

2 minutes ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

IF Rangers won't rid of Barton then it doesn't have to come to a pay off scenario. He comes back in three weeks and trains with the kids. Barton then has a choice - see out the remaining 21months of his contract like this but he will be 36 by then and hasn't played any meaningful football in that time so it's literally career over. Rangers spread the payment - better for them although not ideal either but no pay off. Or he finds another club, agrees to rip up his contract and both parties go their own way 

IF Barton is trying to engineer a move then good. The next 3 weeks he (his agent) can sound out any interested parties and if a similar deal is found he can talk to the club about ripping up the deal. Rangers of course could be awkward and demand a transfer fee but I doubt that. But again no pay off. 

Youre missing the point mate. We are being openly accused of trying to engineer Barton out the door because he's a kafflick.

1 minute ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

Don't think the issue is the prospect of us parting ways with Barton, it's the idea that were only doing so because he's a Roman Catholic (He's not but the story said that).

Just now, GallowhillLoyal said:

Youre missing the point mate. We are being openly accused of trying to engineer Barton out the door because he's a kafflick.

That's a sub discussion within the thread. Read the actual lawyers article. He's saying that Barton COULD claim he's being punted because he's RC because Ian Black didn't get sacked. He's not saying he's got a good claim but it would embarrass the club. 

Of course it was a different regime  

under Black so Rangers could counter that. Hence my two scenarios. Rangers don't have to sack Barton. They can sweat him out. The club are not in that bad a position as some on here are making out. 

5 minutes ago, In Dungeons Deep said:

Don't think the issue is the prospect of us parting ways with Barton, it's the idea that were only doing so because he's a Roman Catholic (He's not but the story said that).

As I replied elsewhere - Barton hasn't claimed this. It's a lawyer saying that he COULD or MIGHT go down this road. 

I have been on night shift for the past few nights so may have missed something,,,,I read before that the leak said something about Halliiday calling him by the F word in some kind of bust up,  to witch Joey retaliated with the Orange comment and then Andy smacked him ,, Warbs then intervened and something then happened between him and Barton????

Although what happened between him and the mgr is what will be the reasons for whats followed,,, if  Andy did throw a punch and they both used similar sectarian language ,,  then he may well pursue why he is the one being singled out on his own and try to embarrass the club into some sort of pay off.   Or leave it for a snide chapter in his wee shite book.

Can hardly use Black as an example of being treated differently, as Black never had the same previous and the club can argue when this came to light Barton was already on a final warning so to speak

5 hours ago, Rangersfansmediawatch said:

Barton already stated that the reason Halliday wasn't given the same suspension was because Barton continued it off the pitch.

Retracting it very very quickly would possibly stop all the absolute morons on social media starting yet more utter nonsense claiming Barton was suspended because he was a catholic,They already are utterly obsessed asking people in the media if he is being paid or not,You don't need to guess why they want to know.

It shouldn't have been retracted and no one knows why it has,The piece of the story which has been removed has been removed for a reason.. Braiden was doing no more than crossing a very dangerous line and at a guess he himself has removed it rather than an editor.

Both Braiden for including it and the lawyer for even suggesting such a pathetic thing should be taken to task for the repulsive comments,Which were very crass in the extreme and shows what a gutter press we have operating in the Scottish media.

I can't really do anything myself unless i had a screengrab of the story before it was changed,Having that allows me to make a complaint and ask for an apology and also gives me reason to make an official complaint to IPSO.

Newspaper story's have to go through editors and legal reps before they are allowed in a newspaper online or print versions.

Who from the editorial allowed this

Why was it passed by their legal rep

What was Braiden's real motive for adding it.

Why did he remove it

It was removed for a reason and the difficult part is finding out why. 

Questions that need to be answered. Barton himself can not be blamed here The club need to take issue with the lawyer and Braiden. as you have stated they are crossing a very dangerous line. The club need the whole article retracted with the threat of legal action to any other newspaper who wishes to go down this line. I'm sure someone mentioned earlier in the thread that TMTBCT had got a screenshot.

55 minutes ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

Rangers need to bide their time till January transfer window and see what happens then. We may get our money back and get him off the wage bill.

Warbs is handling the situation very well.

With a bit of luck he may open his mouth too much but sacking someone on a fixed term contract and proving that they shouldnt be paid up is fraught with danger

11 hours ago, Creampuff said:

One good result against a shite QOTS and all of a sudden everything is great. 

Bipolar lot, our support.

Good win but also highly expected against a pish team. We smashed they teams all last season so now it's purely about how we cope against SPFL teams, so we'll see where we are this Sunday,