All Barton Chat.

theiconicman

20 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

1 game against queen of the south and some have forgotten the way we've been since the last 4 games of last season ffs....

I'm not jumping the gun. Until we got the first goal, it looked pretty much the same old shite. I thought going a goal ahead would be worse for us, as it meant QOS would have to have a go. I thought we've been that bad, that we would open up to be more attacking and concede. I wasn't confident at all, even after going 1 up. Thankfully though, it lifted the pressure and we played like we know we can. So many positives to take from tonight. Waggy looking back to his old self, Holt doing his thing, Gilks looking good, Halliday was great, McKay hitting a bit of form again. Tav had a good game, Hodson looked better than LW, Big Crooks looks like the best DM we've been looking for (although I rate Rossiter). I heard Hills name getting mentioned once and it was for a header at goal from a corner. That can't be a bad thing either. In conclusion, I think it's purely a pressure thing for the team. The players came to us to win the first division. They done it with ease, winning week in, week out. They depend on the early goal and if it doesn't come, they panic. That's what's happening in the SPL. We don't get the early goal coz we are up against better defences and better teams that make us defend. Either the players step it up a level in the league, or fuck knows what. It's up to the manager to work it out, but it's also up to the players to earn their wages. I know we have got what's needed,We just seem to be asking car mechanics to go and do brain surgery. It's never going to work. The biggest positive for me though was Crooks. Apart from one moment when his sat nav was playing up, he looked comfortable and play a pass without thinking about it. The complete opposite of Joey Barton!

10 minutes ago, onwardsupwards said:

Aye ok we'll go on big mouth, you tell us how we get rid of a player with a 2 year contract, with out having to give him a fortune ? 

All i was saying is do we really need another thread on him. I wasnt mentioning anything else on how to get rid of him so dnt understand your reply BIG MOUTH.

39 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Andy Halliday has been an empty jersey for weeks but one goal against Championship opposition makes him a baller again?  Aye, okay then.

Thought he played a good game tonight.

Never Forget Never Forgive

1 hour ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Andy Halliday has been an empty jersey for weeks but one goal against Championship opposition makes him a baller again?  Aye, okay then.

He's been in and out the team so that's a bit unfair. Waggy might have got mom tonight and that's OK but halliday was a real driving force tonight and my mom. 

9 minutes ago, johanhentze said:

The performance wasnt shite at all.

Well I was there and I didn't think it was good . Check out match thread .A fair few agreed with me ..

The result was down to them folding after our second and third goals in quick succession.

Happy with 5-0 all day long though

3 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Well I was there and I didn't think it was good . Check out match thread .A fair few agreed with me ..

The result was down to them folding after our second and third goals in quick succession.

Happy with 5-0 all day long though

We took time to break them down, yes, but we still played well. I was following the match thread. To be honest, there are a lot of people who will never accept that we are playing well if its 0-0 or 1-0... The Ross County game proved that. In that game we played quite well, but couldnt score.