All Barton Chat.

theiconicman

14 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

and the fact that St Mary's, the Chapel that hosted the meetings when Celtic FC were getting started - the priest in there hid guns for the Provo's in the chapel for a potential assault on us - if that's the route they decided to go down at the time.

Incidentally the same chapel that Tommy Burns (the super-Celt that could do no wrong in the eyes of the Scottish media and a section of our support too) his family have been dyed-in-the-wool members of for generations spanning those periods.

How the fuck do they get to play the "we're the good guys" card?

Why did I ask that? The cunts have infiltrated the media as can be seen in this example.

1 hour ago, Sweetheart said:

The bit you highlighted implies that Halliday was being sectarian towards JB and that he was being force out of the club for not being protestant. Imho Board need to make a statement A.S.A.P  before this grows arms and legs.

It implies nothing of the sort.  It's the Lawyer basically trying to give joey  free ( bad) legal advice, and telling him to try and make up some sectarian abuse element to it all.  

also a bit ironic that you mention it growing arms and legs, while adding arms and legs to it.

8 hours ago, True Azure said:

Too long to bother reading, FFS? It's not War and Peace. Helps to understand some of the issues that have shaped his thought processes and judgements. It also helps to understand how introspection aids his development in life. I really hope he can mend fences here and return to playing football(the actual fucking reason he was brought here for). Ibelieve that he cancome back a better player, but will the biased Scottish media allow this to occur? I don't think so. If he returns he will have to re-evaluate his position vis a vis his relationship with the (Scottish) press. I wish him the best.

Him going to the press and talking about things being said behind closed doors is one of the issues why he's in trouble in the first place FFS, I hate to say it but in this instance can't really blame the Scottish press, yes they will twist things as normal but he shouldn't be bloody speaking to them.

6 hours ago, gogzy said:

It implies nothing of the sort.  It's the Lawyer basically trying to give joey  free ( bad) legal advice, and telling him to try and make up some sectarian abuse element to it all.  

also a bit ironic that you mention it growing arms and legs, while adding arms and legs to it.

It does. 

"If he could successfully establish that the reason for this less favourable treatment was his Roman Catholicism, he will have a claim for direct religious discrimination. That might not be a good or indeed winnable argument but the threat of it (and of it causing sufficient embarrassment to the club) could secure a bigger pay-off.

He's saying (the lawyer ) Halliday picked on him because he's Roman Catholic and that the club didn't support him but punished him again because he was Roman Catholic. (favourable treatment) I pointed out the story needs to be stopped before it grows arms and legs. I've refrained from saying what I could, because I know how serious this could be for the club. I asked could someone phone PM to make him aware of this story and have it retracted by morning, or the club make a statement and nip it in the bud. I'm defending the club. I'm not adding arms and legs.

41 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

It does. 

He's saying Halliday picked on him because he's Roman Catholic and that the club didn't support him but punished him again because he was Roman Catholic. (favourable treatment) I pointed out the story needs to be stopped before it grows arms and legs. I've refrained from saying what I could, because I know how serious this could be for the club. I asked could someone phone PM to make him aware of this story and have it retracted by morning, or the club make a statement and nip it in the bud. I'm defending the club. I'm not adding arms and legs.

Barton already stated that the reason Halliday wasn't given the same suspension was because Barton continued it off the pitch.

Retracting it very very quickly would possibly stop all the absolute morons on social media starting yet more utter nonsense claiming Barton was suspended because he was a catholic,They already are utterly obsessed asking people in the media if he is being paid or not,You don't need to guess why they want to know.

It shouldn't have been retracted and no one knows why it has,The piece of the story which has been removed has been removed for a reason.. Braiden was doing no more than crossing a very dangerous line and at a guess he himself has removed it rather than an editor.

Both Braiden for including it and the lawyer for even suggesting such a pathetic thing should be taken to task for the repulsive comments,Which were very crass in the extreme and shows what a gutter press we have operating in the Scottish media.

I can't really do anything myself unless i had a screengrab of the story before it was changed,Having that allows me to make a complaint and ask for an apology and also gives me reason to make an official complaint to IPSO.

Newspaper story's have to go through editors and legal reps before they are allowed in a newspaper online or print versions.

Who from the editorial allowed this

Why was it passed by their legal rep

What was Braiden's real motive for adding it.

Why did he remove it

It was removed for a reason and the difficult part is finding out why. 

9 minutes ago, Rangersfansmediawatch said:

Newspaper story's have to go through editors and legal reps before they are allowed in a newspaper online or print versions.

Who from the editorial allowed this

Why was it passed by their legal rep

Am not sure that happens much in that order.

Most of the time they operate under the mantra that it's easier to beg for forgiveness than ask for permission.

5 hours ago, theblueoysterbar said:

Actually think it would be worth paying the million quid or whatever to keep that poisonous wee shite away from our youth players and the training ground in general.

Was thinking that. Would do the youngsters more harm than good. 

Bringing up his religion is unbelievable, and will only ever happen in backwards fucking Scotland. What an utterly pathetic bit of journalism this is. Can someone give me some contact details to contact the paper, as I am not going to let this be brushed under the carpet. Journalists love playing the religious card, is it any wonder we are stuck in the dark ages.

15 minutes ago, Chineseboy said:

Bringing up his religion is unbelievable, and will only ever happen in backwards fucking Scotland. What an utterly pathetic bit of journalism this is. Can someone give me some contact details to contact the paper, as I am not going to let this be brushed under the carpet. Journalists love playing the religious card, is it any wonder we are stuck in the dark ages.

gerry.braiden@theherald.co.uk

1 hour ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

Give him fuck all. Let him play in the youth team. See how his ego handles that. 

I wouldn't have him around our youngsters - it may benefit by humbling jb - but our youngsters would gain fuck all from a psychotic troublemaker around them.

A fucking despicable article. Openly accusing us of sectarian prejudice. Where do you even start with this pish? Are they accusing Halliday of bullying in the workplace? Is that it?

I mean Barton is no shrinking violet. He has quite clearly stated his reasons for the argument.

However the most disappointing aspect is the lack of a board response :(

2 minutes ago, Gandalf the Blue said:

A fucking despicable article. Openly accusing us of sectarian prejudice. Where do you even start with this pish? Are they accusing Halliday of bullying in the workplace? Is that it?

I mean Barton is no shrinking violet. He has quite clearly stated his reasons for the argument.

However the most disappointing aspect is the lack of a board response :(

I think the cunt shouId be banned as this is nothing but the stirring of religious hatred by a bigot person who writes articles in a paper.

4 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

I think the cunt shouId be banned as this is nothing but the stirring of religious hatred by a bigot person who writes articles in a paper.

I really hope this isnt the last we hear of this mate. Im not one for wanting the board to come out all the time, I feel they have enough on their plate, but they need to say something here. This is shocking. Nothing but stirring of hatred as you say pal.