The Joey Barton Thread

Swagger

1 minute ago, cushynumber said:

It is believed Rangers are willing to pay out up to eight weeks worth of wages

That would mean he could get another club in January without any loss in earnings. I think this has been a case of MW or JB and the board have had to obviously go with MW. It probably tells us that whatever he did it was not a sacking offence. 

5 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

Yes I knew what you were meaning mate. (tu)

I am sure we would all like to know what has been going on but if there is a gagging bit in his pay off then I cannot see the club saying anything.  

I'm sure there will be a non-disclosure clause

Have to wait & see if the mole is still around...

Or wait til JB can't contain himself any longer!

2 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

That would mean he could get another club in January without any loss in earnings. I think this has been a case of MW or JB and the board have had to obviously go with MW. It probably tells us that whatever he did it was not a sacking offence. 

I think if they could have sacked him the would have. It all sounds to me like both MW and Barton have realised they have made a mistake and want to end it ASAP.

Good riddance to the cunt,he came up here thinking it would be a breeze in the park and his first mistake was not going to America for pre season your instead he choose to commentate on the euros thinking he could come up here without a proper pre season and still perform and no would be able to get near him.

how wrong he was because he looked slow and unfit from the off,Scottish footballs standard might be shit but every single player tries and simple fact is Barton failed up here and got found out.

Only plus side of this is that we aren't having to pay his full contract up to get rid of him.

Wonder if paying him til January has been the club's idea or if his agent has made the offer. Can only imagine that he already has a club lined up.

8 weeks wages is actually quite cheap compared to what some of us were expecting and at least it puts an end to this absolute shambles.

2 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

he is defo on £20K a week - that was disclosed in a report earlier in the season I am sure.

Yes a report by the media,If the club say he's on £20k per week then that's proof,The only figures i have seen are the ones being thrown around by the desperate media.