***** The Official Taigs v Rangers Match Thread *****

Just now, KingKirk said:

I'd go 4-4-1-1

Fod

Hodson Hill Wilson Beerman

Tavernier holt  Hyndman Dodoo

Miller

Garner 

Did you mean to put Miller and Garner there? 

6 minutes ago, Lloyd72 said:

Waghorn is guaranteed to do poor mate I don't think he's had a big performance in a big match for us yet, I'd have anyone in before him. Tav Can't start at RB that's for sure

I'd have waghorn start because despite garner being poor he has at the very least proved he can get goals and he's gotten a goal against celtic before. 

At the very leasy waghorn can link with tav, speaking of tav

Personally I'd start hodson and tav with tav being more midfield but at the same time toral has been doing decent lately, hydman has creativity and holt is aggressive. Unless you want to take waghorn off instead and play miller and mckay upfront with  dodoo coming off the bench for mckay

4 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

The thought of Mckay or even Waghorn starting are depressing as fuck, both utter garbage.

Mckay you never know what you're going to get, he showed to be good against the taigs so I give him the benefit lf the doubt. 

As i said to Lloyd72 at this point  I'd drop waghorn to play 4 in midfield (Holt, toral, hyndman and tav) with hodson coming in right back to help defend. That way tav can push forward without much need to drop back. 

Just now, Frank Harrison said:

Did you mean to put Miller and Garner there? 

Yip. Both need to start on sunday and that IMO the best way to get them in the team Garner might not offer much more than work rate but thats exactly what we will need same with miller just behind him 

1 minute ago, RFCRobertson said:

I'd have waghorn start because despite garner being poor he has at the very least proved he can get goals and he's gotten a goal against celtic before. 

Personally I'd start hodson and tav with tav being more midfield but at the same time toral has been doing decent lately, hydman has creativity and holt is aggressive. Unless you want to take waghorn off instead and play miller and mckay upfront with  dodoo coming off the bench for mckay

Mckay you never know what you're going to get, he showed to be good against the taigs so I give him the benefit lf the doubt. 

As i said to Lloyd72 at this point  I'd drop waghorn to play 4 in midfield (Holt, toral, hyndman and tav) with hodson coming in right back to help defend. That way tav can push forward without much need to drop back. 

That first line makes no sense, well either that or I'm a mongo.

Mckay, showed he can be good, what about two of the most pathetic performances you're ever likely to see against them?

2 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Yip. Both need to start on sunday and that IMO the best way to get them in the team Garner might not offer much more than work rate but thats exactly what we will need same with miller just behind him 

Aye but why are they further to the left?

Guest Lloyd72
14 minutes ago, RFCRobertson said:

If it was a choice between the two I'd have Dodoo before McKay, he's playing with confidence right now. I hope Waghorn doesn't start I'd like Garner to start as I think his Aggression is what's needed in this game but I can't see it, will probably be the same team that played last OF but Bates in for Hill and Beerman for Wallace

18 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

That first line makes no sense, well either that or I'm a mongo.

Mckay, showed he can be good, what about two of the most pathetic performances you're ever likely to see against them?

Yeah poorly worded that :lol: I'd have Waghorn being subbed off for Garner rather than vice versa because I have more faith in Garner as a goal scorer and so would be a better sub.

Just gotta hope he sings the sash before bedtime and he wakes up on the right side of the bed, give lustig the run around put in good crosses for whoever to capitalize off of. Hate that we can't readily rely on him and it's a coin flip but is what it is sadly.

5 minutes ago, Lloyd72 said:

If it was a choice between the two I'd have Dodoo before McKay, he's playing with confidence right now. I hope Waghorn doesn't start I'd like Garner to start as I think his Aggression is what's needed in this game but I can't see it, will probably be the same team that played last OF but Bates in for Hill and Beerman for Wallace

I'd start dodoo but then I don't want him getting muscled out the game early, i'd rather McKay start tire out the defence then have Dodoo come on 60-70th minute and just float past them. Dodoo vs a tired defence is a much better dodoo then a dodoo starting. 

I'd like Garner to start but then I wouldn't want him getting subbed off and also he is aggressive but he's also stupid at times, don't want a walking red card on our hands. 

38 minutes ago, RFCRobertson said:

Pedro saying in a recent interview that he wouldn't think twice about playing beerman and bates. 

So presume that's them playing. Honestly don't see any reason to change the line up for sundays game. Bring dodoo on as an impact sub for mckay if he's doing shit, Garner on for waghorn if he's doing poor. 

Can't afford to have McKay as a passenger for 45 minutes on Sunday mate, I wouldn't risk starting him after Saturdays performance.

Also just seen your post above...Dodoo would be just as effective tiring out a backline given his pace and directness.

Dodoo for him and Hill for Bates are the only changes I can see being made for this one.

Guest Lloyd72
3 minutes ago, RFCRobertson said:

Yeah poorly worded that :lol: I'd have Waghorn being subbed off for Garner rather than vice versa because I have more faith in Garner as a goal scorer and so would be a better sub.

Just gotta hope he sings the sash before bedtime and he wakes up on the right side of the bed, give lustig the run around put in good crosses for whoever to capitalize off of. Hate that we can't readily rely on him and it's a coin flip but is what it is sadly.

I'd start dodoo but then I don't want him getting muscled out the game early, i'd rather McKay start tire out the defence then have Dodoo come on 60-70th minute and just float past them. Dodoo vs a tired defence is a much better dodoo then a dodoo starting. 

I'd like Garner to start but then I wouldn't want him getting subbed off and also he is aggressive but he's also stupid at times, don't want a walking red card on our hands. 

I think Dodoo would be better starting and tiring their defence then bring on McKay if we had to, don't understand people saying that about Garner he's had 2 red cards in his career and none for us so far.

Waghorn is bang out of form, big time, but I'd have him in-front of Garner any day of the week.

Neither's form is defendable, but I genuinely believe that on their day, Waghorn is one of the most able players in our squad. It might not be saying much, but there's a player in there who can do a job for Glasgow Rangers.

Garner, on the other hand, as mentioned, will pick-up a yellow card early on as a result of aggressively wrestling with someone's ankles. He'll then swagger around, bumping into people off the ball.

All this debate about dodoo vs a tired defence is pish. The fact of the matter is 

If mckay is on the pitch we are a man down and shite bag up.

If dodoo is on the pitch we have a goal threat and a player dangerous in the final third. 

Regardless what time it is or how tired the opposition is.

When dodoo set up miller against the sheep. It required dodoo to have vision to see the pass and the technique to execute it. Mckay would have either got the ball taken off of him, run to the byline and hit the first man or ran and passed it back to a midfielder.

For dodoos goal he had to run and cut in and place the ball perfectly.  Mckay would have run to the byline and dragged it back into a crowded box.

I want dodoo on the pitch from the start. He will create and finish against a team that will open up against us. We will start the game quick as well so early chances have to be taken. The first goal will be a big bonus if it's for us and when mckay plays we find it harder to score

On 17/04/2017 at 2:07 PM, K.A.I said:

My team would be 

Fod

Tav Hill (if fit) Wilson Beerman

Windass Hyndman Holt 

Garner Miller Waghorn 

Like this but I would keep Toral in midfield and (tin hat on) I would put Halliday down the left side in front of Beerman and have Garner and Miller hence 4-4-2. I think it might help Beerman in such a big game with a natural left sided player. Halliday could hold at left back when Beerman's attacking.

I think though that Pedro will probably go with your selection only again Toral instead of Windass.

Guest Lloyd72
3 minutes ago, jintybear said:

Like this but I would keep Toral in midfield and (tin hat on) I would put Halliday down the left side in front of Beerman and have Garner and Miller hence 4-4-2. I think it might help Beerman in such a big game with a natural left sided player. Halliday could hold at left back when Beerman's attacking.

I think though that Pedro will probably go with your selection only again Toral instead of Windass.

With Waghorn in the team we're already a man down, Halliday is almost worse than a man down

Just now, Lloyd72 said:

With Waghorn in the team we're already a man down, Halliday is almost worse than a man down

I wouldn't have Waghorn in my team. But a year ago Halliday was excellent in the same fixture and he had Scott brown in his back pocket and everyone was raving about how well he played. I'm not a great fan but he knows what this game means to us.

29 minutes ago, The Monk said:

Brendan is an arrogant fucker, guarantee if they are not winning at around the 60-65 min mark he`ll bring on Griffiths for a midfielder, key to this game is just to keep them out as long as possible and wait for the spaces to appear (although any style of play so long as we win suits me :lol:)

Good point. The same happened in the league cup semi, Holt had the best chance of the game excluding their goal round about the hour mark.