***** The Official Taigs v Rangers Match Thread *****

Guest Lloyd72
4 minutes ago, jackrfc95 said:

I agree it would be a nice thing to have but MOH isn't the answer IMO. Granted we're not exactly blessed with options but would rather have Waghorn up there if that's the way we're going to play it. 

Waghorn will not get near their goal before being tackled, since last season he's gained about 2 stone and looks about 5 yards slower

2 minutes ago, Lloyd72 said:

Waghorn will not get near their goal before being tackled, since last season he's gained about 2 stone and looks about 5 yards slower

At least there's a chance of him holding the ball up, if it's MOH the ball is coming straight back every single time. 

Hes scored a few recently as well so should be reasonably confident. 

Guest Lloyd72
Just now, jackrfc95 said:

At least there's a chance of him holding the ball up, if it's MOH the ball is coming straight back every single time. 

Hes scored a few recently as well so should be reasonably confident. 

Play balls over the top of their defence and have MoH and Mckay chase them, their defence isn't at all quick bar Tierney so we would have a better chance with MoH than Waghorn. All depends on how we set ourselves up though

Play balls over the top of their defence and have MoH and Mckay chase them, their defence isn't at all quick bar Tierney so we would have a better chance with MoH than Waghorn. All depends on how we set ourselves up though

I'm 99% sure MOH won't start so this is all hypothetical :lol:

Guest Lloyd72

I'm 99% sure MOH won't start so this is all hypothetical :lol:

Aye that's true, although if the new guy comes in he might give him a chance as a striker seeing as that's the position I thought we bought him for

12 minutes ago, Lloyd72 said:

glad someone else said this. I've been saying it for ages. Put the boy Joe Dodoo up front, straight in the pressure cooker and see how he gets on.

1 minute ago, Torontoblue76 said:

glad someone else said this. I've been saying it for ages. Put the boy Joe Dodoo up front, straight in the pressure cooker and see how he gets on.

We tried that against Hearts and he was worse than a man short. 

Allbeit no one was great that night. 

Guest Lloyd72

We tried that against Hearts and he was worse than a man short. 

Allbeit no one was great that night. 

Would have had a goal that game if it wasn't for Forrester being offside.

Guest Lloyd72
3 minutes ago, Torontoblue76 said:

I like him but it wouldn't be like a pressure cooker, more like the center of a nuclear blast. I don't think it's fair to do that to him especially since he hasn't played for 2 months now.

Would have had a goal that game if it wasn't for Forrester being offside.

The fact he can't even make the bench for a game against Hamilton tells you everything you need to know about him. Unless he's injured. 

Dodoo must've pumped Warburtons daughter or something, hes a young boy whos done decent with the chances he's been given, saved us at Partick then just gets shunned out for 2 months

Now it's more of a case of Miller helping Murty choose the team....so the main forward players will always be Miller, McKay & Waghorn 

Guest Lloyd72
8 minutes ago, jackrfc95 said:

The fact he can't even make the bench for a game against Hamilton tells you everything you need to know about him. Unless he's injured. 

He's not but his stats speak for himself, he's scored 4 and assisted 2 in 3 starts. I have no idea why he doesn't get given a chance, maybe they think he's too slender I dunno

27 minutes ago, Lloyd72 said:

Absolutely. He would be as good as a man short. 

His need to try and bundle everything on to his left foot makes it easy for any defender. He would be totally ineffective against them. 

Guest Lloyd72
1 minute ago, Swagger said:

Absolutely. He would be as good as a man short. 

His need to try and bundle everything on to his left foot makes it easy for any defender. He would be totally ineffective against them. 

If Waghorn had a right leg he'd be a good footballer imo

Guest Lloyd72
Just now, ZZed said:

I think we will go with the same team as against Hamilton. This means Kiernan, so we will lose a goal or 2. If we can sort out our attack then 2-2 might be possible. 

Kiernan is suspended