***** The Official Taigs v Rangers Match Thread *****

Their defence isn't great, they have big powerful centerbacks but they're slow and weak on the turn. They also look weak defending the wing, McKay had Lustig on toast last game, and Tierney doesn't look anywhere near as convincing defending as he does going forward. Could even see that aginst St. Mirren.

Now if only we had some balance between pace and technical ability available to us :(

Guest Lloyd72
11 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

He's appealed so as it stands he's not suspended.

Think the hearing is on Thursday.

No way they'll let him off with that tackle surely

Guest Lloyd72
1 minute ago, Swagger said:

It would certainly help

He put up a few clips of him at that superior striker training in the summer banging them in top corner with his right foot and I thought great he's identified his weakness and is working on it, sadly nope.

i'm genuinely shitting it for Sunday

I think it will be tight in the first half but I'm not sure we can last the pace even with the right tactics from Murty.

in all matches against them we've given up a barrel load of chances in the second half. 

Plus our bench on Sunday won't have much match time between them which doesn't auger well when we need fresh legs after an hour or so.

18 hours ago, RFCRobertson said:

O'halloran and McKay should be standard in this match up. Their pace will cause them issues. Of course that leaves the issues with getting the ball in the back of the net.

Unless they're feeling up for taking pot shots at goal after running from our half into their 6 yard box. 

Honestly, I'd wager Dodoo could keep pace with them and rock 3 up top.

Hyndman and Holt should be able to create chances as well. 

Toral hold the line making a back 5 effectively. CBs and Full backs man marking the fuck out of dembele and sinclair. 

So all in all a 

set up

McKay Dodoo O'halloran

Holt          Hyndman

Wallace Hill Toral Kiernan Tavernier.

Nothing fancy, hold the line and catch them on the break. Gordon is a pish keeper and will buckle under the stress. We can at least rely on Wes to make some good saves but if we are to win on Sunday, it will be down to defensive duties being done right. We could score 3-4 but if our defensive line fails us then they will easily get the goals back. 

McKay, O'halloran and Hyndman will be important. 

Subs wise, Forrester on for Holt too keep up pressure. and that should be the only guaranteed substitute with the others being only if an injury occurs.

Should that work, then come the semi final or the next match. Same line up except Garner in for dodoo. Garner who was causing them problems and gave us a good option up top. In addition to this he was getting under lego eaters skin and making him mad. 

There's at least four things wrong with your plan. Tav, Garner, Holt & Kiernan.

One thing is absolutely guaranteed, and I would be willing to bet money on it. We will not finish the game with ten men. The hue and cry about Fod & Garner is still going strong after three days and will no doubt continue for the rest of the week.

If one of our players lets his shirt hang out of his shorts on Sunday he will be sent packing.

Who is the Ref for Sunday anyway?

I'm nervous about Sunday but we have to be clever...wind up the lego eater as he turns into a headless chicken...boyata and sventchrnko are pish so plenty of balls on the ground.. .maybe a sweeper would shore up defence I don't know