Would you like Hill for another season?

Gaz52

Clint Hill  

178 members have voted

1. 1. Should Hill get a contract extension?

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Afraid not, been a bright star in a shoddy season so far but age is obviously not on his side. Would thank him for all he has done and would possibly offer a rolling contract/keep training with us until he could get a new club so he isn't left on the scrap heap. 

1 hour ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Bougherra better than Weir?.

You don't half post a lot of shite btw.

Bougherra was a wonderful CB for us.  Even when we were in the Champions League he, at times, looked a class apart.  Against the Tims he excelled and I think there's a stat about us never losing a game against them when Bougherra played?  Not sure.

It's all about opinions but I think Bougherra was better than Weir.  You're welcome to disagree it's all about opinions ? 

6 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Afraid not, been a bright star in a shoddy season so far but age is obviously not on his side. Would thank him for all he has done and would possibly offer a rolling contract/keep training with us until he could get a new club so he isn't left on the scrap heap. 

That's how I feel about Wilson and Kiernan. If only Davy Weir could be on the park to mentor Wilson again as he did 6 years ago.

Clint hill looks relatively good in a shockingly bad back line, I admire the guys effort and applaud his professionalism to keep going but he's indicative of where we're at not part of where we're going,

We need 2 new quick dominant centre backs, a combative def mid and a striker, be really interested in seeing the affect of Pedro's training on the likes of Kranjcar, he could be a big player for us next season, if Pedro can make us secure at the back it will improve the entire team.

48 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Bougherra was a wonderful CB for us.  Even when we were in the Champions League he, at times, looked a class apart.  Against the Tims he excelled and I think there's a stat about us never losing a game against them when Bougherra played?  Not sure.

It's all about opinions but I think Bougherra was better than Weir.  You're welcome to disagree it's all about opinions ? 

Lost at least 3.

Weir was twice the defender Bougherra ever was.

1 minute ago, wewillfollowrangers said:

Weirs positional sense and organisation made every defender he played with look good, ffs even Danny Wilson, all the more astonishing couldn't pass that on to players as a coach

The player he is passing it onto has to have some ability. Wilson has no pace, not imposing and poor awareness.

7 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

The player he is passing it onto has to have some ability. Wilson has no pace, not imposing and poor awareness.

Weir never had any pace either, of course you cant polish a turd but to me it is odd that a guy who's biggest strength as  player was his tactical sense and organisation skills could'nt coach an even half decent defence

No.

We need better to start and he's probably on a decent wage that could be better used elsewhere rather than a 3rd/4th choice.

We need to free up wages and players out of contract will likely be the first to go. Others we'll struggle to move on.

Despite seeing his value to the current team I voted no on the basis that his remaining may indicate a failure to address the issues we currently suffer in that area of the team. This hopefully isn't a case of throwing the baby out with the bathwater but rather an opportunity for PC to get his own men in and build a team capable of sustaining a challenge and adopting a long term approach and not simply apply a bandaid to this crucial area of the team, something his predecessor failed to address adequately.