Club 1872 - Statement of Resignation

18 minutes ago, BloodRunsBlue said:

I'd imagine that its a bit like the independence question, in reverse.

They can call for and hold as many referendums as they are allowed, but if indy was ever to happen, there would be no chance of a referendum to reverse it.

Now that RF is under the Club1872 umbrella/control, I doubt there is any way they can split up now.

Im sure the leeches who had it all planned out would make sure of that.  Just my opinion though.

Thanks for your reply. I was thinking there may be a clause in the contract that they could leave Club1872. RF was very successful as a stand alone group. I can't help but think joining Club1872 has damaged that success and allowed them to be manipulated. I also think the vote to merge was rushed.

2 hours ago, Taipan said:

I disagree CB, first on the agenda has to be the writing of a constitution that any new board member can rely on, we have to end the cycle of the only solution to dispute among the members' board being resignation. Second would be a Code of Conduct for directors.

Then we can progress to elections, maybe with that in place the good people representing us we have lost will return.

The COI situation should have been dealt with ages ago when James Blair was elected, if this had been addressed clearly and written into the constitution it would have mitigated the risk of the CH action and given the other directors the authority to 'bin' him for a breach of the constitution. 

4 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

The COI situation should have been dealt with ages ago when James Blair was elected, if this had been addressed clearly and written into the constitution it would have mitigated the risk of the CH action and given the other directors the authority to 'bin' him for a breach of the constitution. 

This is where it was messy imo. the constitution was written before the board were elected and the people involved in writing the constitution had COI

9 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

Thanks for your reply. I was thinking there may be a clause in the contract that they could leave Club1872. RF was very successful as a stand alone group. I can't help but think joining Club1872 has damaged that success and allowed them to be manipulated. I also think the vote to merged was rushed.

You may be right Sweetheart, that was just my opinion. Based on the fact I don't trust that shower one bit. Never have and I never will.

To me, RF success and the pace it was bringing in fans money was the reason the jackals just had to get control of it. That's why I cant see the "takeover" of RF being reversed.

Anyone who put their hard earned into there was stitched up and robbed, which is a scandal.

1 minute ago, Sweetheart said:

This is where it was messy imo. the constitution was written before the board were elected and the people involved in writing the constitution had COI

Surely if this is true, not doubting you,  then the board once in place would have to have ratified the constitution?  Given their legal and collective business experience they haven't exactly played a blinder.

Just now, BloodRunsBlue said:

You may be right Sweetheart, that was just my opinion. Based on the fact I don't trust that shower one bit. Never have and I never will.

To me, RF success and the pace it was bringing in fans money was the reason the jackals just had to get control of it. That's why I cant see the "takeover" of RF being reversed.

Anyone who put their hard earned into there was stitched up and robbed, which is a scandal.

I believe you may be correct I can't counter that argument in the debate as I think RF could have succeeded at Fan ownership at the rate they were going, I believe this raised a threat to the concert party's plans.

1 hour ago, K.A.I said:

I'm not splitting hairs but that will be Pedros choice, he's not even met King yet.

the problem is we've got too many people in and around the club who will have thrown names like John Brown at him - id be amazed if he'd have even heard of John Brown until a week or so ago 

If he does get the job, please Gawd no, then Pedro better watch his back.  Brown has a track-record of backstabbing to get on at Rangers, how did he get the youth gig previously.  

5 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Surely if this is true, not doubting you,  then the board once in place would have to have ratified the constitution?  Given their legal and collective business experience they haven't exactly played a blinder.

No idea, It's just one of many questions that need answers.

3 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

If the constitution is still being written then that in itself is a joke, FFS the US constitution was written in four months.

:lol:

Loved that post mate ..... "they" will of course argue that Club 1872's constitution is more important than some wee country far far away ..... :lol:

:UK:

7 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

If he does get the job, please Gawd no, then Pedro better watch his back.  Brown has a track-record of backstabbing to get on at Rangers, how did he get the youth gig previously.  

I wonder if Pedro has seen his manic, drunken rant on the steps  :mutley:

31 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Neither Blair nor Whitney should have been allowed to stand due to their respective COI's, which says more about 72's constitution than it does them.

19 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

If the constitution is still being written then that in itself is a joke, FFS the US constitution was written in four months.

Wasn't the working party the ones who wrote the constitution did they not say finalising the constitution was why there was a delay for the election of the directors? 

55 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

The constitution hasn't been written yet, Club1872 operates under standard articles (see minutes of January meeting).

6 minutes ago, Taipan said:

The constitution hasn't been written yet, Club1872 operates under standard articles (see minutes of January meeting).

Thanks i'm aware of that but I was referring to the working party and there role in setting up Club1872. There was many a debate on here as to why they were writing the constitution and the pro's and con's of them doing so

Edit: If it is the case then does RF have a way to vote themselves out of this union?

55 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Agreed, would've been done in a few months max if it was tendered/contracted out to a firm.  

1 hour ago, Sweetheart said:

Thanks for your reply. I was thinking there may be a clause in the contract that they could leave Club1872. RF was very successful as a stand alone group. I can't help but think joining Club1872 has damaged that success and allowed them to be manipulated. I also think the vote to merge was rushed.

27 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

As far as I know that would be a no. 

The members of Rangers First 2014 CIC transferred, by consensus, their memberships into Club1872 Ltd, the RST members did the same. That can only be reversed by all the members of Club1872 consenting to a reversal, but that's in theory because until the constitution is written the members of Club1872 are the shareholders. Rangers First 2014 CIC has been renamed as Club 1872 Share Ownership CIC.

14 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

As far as I know that would be a no. 

Provided all is legit and complies with the Companies Act and related statutes and there has been no prejuduce. Otherwise this and/or those objectives and promises made that the membership voted on for merger have not been fulfilled for whatever reason, then a demerger is legally possible and not uncommon.

I do not know the structure of '72 as to who owns what,  but in principle it should be doable, albeit  complex and costly.