Club 1872 - Statement of Resignation

4 minutes ago, thebooler said:

Anybody know how many members club1872 has now, compared with 6 months ago?

A member could ask?

Dont know, but I suspect todays hasty statement is as a direct result of a considerable number of subscriptions being put on hold in the last day or so.

4 minutes ago, thebooler said:

Anybody know how many members club1872 has now, compared with 6 months ago?

A member could ask?

I have read plenty stories online of people cancelling their memberships since Saturday, sadly. 

However, somebody I know very well & has been a member of fan orgs since the formation of the RST in 2002 cancelled his on Saturday night but emailed the C1872 board his concerns at the same time received a horrendous reply from them today that consisted of 1 sentence. 

8 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

I have read plenty stories online of people cancelling their memberships since Saturday, sadly. 

However, somebody I know very well & has been a member of fan orgs since the formation of the RST in 2002 cancelled his on Saturday night but emailed the C1872 board his concerns at the same time received a horrendous reply from them today that consisted of 1 sentence. 

I wonder who that was? ?

8 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

If they were trying to put people off, they couldn't do a better job than they already are. 

1 hour ago, TheLawMan said:

Dingwall as well saying "Houstie is a talent"

No wonder we are in such a state.  :megaanguish:

In the name of F***  :justno:  Are they deliberately ripping the pish out the guy ?

:hmmm: I suppose he does have a talent for turning everything he goes near to shit.

Just out of curiosity is there a mechanism in place to safe guard the funds/shares people have invested in Club1872 from transferring over to one individual or another group? Not trying to insinuate anything or ask leading questions, just genuinely curious.

2 minutes ago, HeHaw said:

Just out of curiosity is there a mechanism in place to safe guard the funds/shares people have invested in Club1872 from transferring over to one individual or another group? Not trying to insinuate anything or ask leading questions, just genuinely curious.

The long term plan will be for the club to get the funds for projects, and probably the RFFF money as well.

What is an asset lock?

A major feature that distinguishes CICs from normal companies is the 'asset lock' which prevents shareholders or directors taking value out of a business.

There is a regulator who looks after CIC's but I don't know how this would work with the amalgamation to form Club 1872

4 minutes ago, Juniorsparkie said:

What is an asset lock?

A major feature that distinguishes CICs from normal companies is the 'asset lock' which prevents shareholders or directors taking value out of a business.

There is a regulator who looks after CIC's but I don't know how this would work with the amalgamation to form Club 1872

That only applies to dividends. Nothing to stop directors taking large salaries and bonuses.

11 minutes ago, HeHaw said:

I suspect, only a suspicion, not.  Think TRFFF, where a small clique decided to finance a new stand at Murray Park after the idea of paying legal fees of a charlatan was shot down.

I suspect there will be some ruse where the shares are handed back to the club in return for a couple of blazers.

Hope I am wrong.  

3 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

I suspect, only a suspicion, not.  Think TRFFF, where a small clique decided to finance a new stand at Murray Park after the idea of paying legal fees of a charlatan was shot down.

I suspect there will be some ruse where the shares are handed back to the club in return for a couple of blazers.

Hope I am wrong.  

Better not. I'd be willing to pay more than I put in for a good lawyer out of principle to get my money out - edit misread thought you meant RFFF money going on shares 

59 minutes ago, HeHaw said:

Yes. Assets are owned by the CIC there ard strict asset lock rules

This has turned into an absolute shambles and it is of the Club's directors own making.    They had the RFB in place but decided not to use it but instead opted to set up C1872 supposedly as an independent group.   It is obvious that CH and CG in particular would be heavily involved with C1872.  They all somehow managed to get the very successful RF to amalgamate with the poor relation which was the RST scheme. They should have left both organisations as they were.  Certain people's egos are killing C1872 as is the obvious influence from the RFC board.  I will wager that membership numbers and income have greatly reduced.  The presence of certain individuals within C1872 is not going to unite the fan base.  These people are aware of that but do not care enough for Rangers to step aside.  I will not be surprised if the posts of Supporters Liaison and Social Media Officers are to be filled by divisive people previously known to most.

5 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

This has turned into an absolute shambles and it is of the Club's directors own making.    They had the RFB in place but decided not to use it but instead opted to set up C1872 supposedly as an independent group.   It is obvious that CH and CG in particular would be heavily involved with C1872.  They all somehow managed to get the very successful RF to amalgamate with the poor relation which was the RST scheme. They should have left both organisations as they were.  Certain people's egos are killing C1872 as is the obvious influence from the RFC board.  I will wager that membership numbers and income have greatly reduced.  The presence of certain individuals within C1872 is not going to unite the fan base.  These people are aware of that but do not care enough for Rangers to step aside.  I will not be surprised if the posts of Supporters Liaison and Social Media Officers are to be filled by divisive people previously known to most.

I think Houston is an absolute shoe-in for the SLO job ... if these clowns could make CG a director then anything is actually possible 

1 hour ago, K.A.I said:

I think Houston is an absolute shoe-in for the SLO job ... if these clowns could make CG a director then anything is actually possible 

Just as well I never applied then. I hope they find someone better qualified than him as the mhedia digging in his private life will risk the club's reputation. 

22 minutes ago, Blue Nosed Babe said:

Just as well I never applied then. I hope they find someone better qualified than him as the mhedia digging in his private life will risk the club's reputation. 

The media will know his background but he gives them wee interviews and book snippets so they scratch each other's backs ... maybe one day they'll print something against this guy .. 

Just now, K.A.I said:

The media will know his background but he gives them wee interviews and book snippets so they scratch each other's backs ... maybe one day they'll print something against this guy .. 

If he gets SLO they will as then he becomes a decent sized target instead of a yapping non entity that is not connected to Rangers directly. He becomes a Rangers employee and that changes. It would be detrimental for the club. Though he may not pass enhanced disclosure anyway.

8 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Once he runs his course and has no titbits for them they will go for his throat as they do  with anyone.